Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 8x07 "Time For After" episode discussion... **SPOILERS*

Ireland
    It's the gusto with which he's selling out his former comrades that's dirty though. Former comrades that were willing to overlook his previous selfishness and take him into the fold.

The guy's a shit. No matter what rocks and hard places he finds himself in.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    When Eugene told Gabriel he’s just “keeping himself alive and pretty damn good at it” was the moment he was lost to me. I get it’s in character but that’s just plain selfish. He’s been doing this from the start, beginning with Abraham.

Funny thing is the writers were definitely going the comic route during seasons 5-6 then changed course during season 7. He’s really not the same character to me.

Looks like he helped the Saviors escape and is ready to turn in Dwight at any moment.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Once again the Garbage Gang killed an episode dead, such a waste of screen time. I have to say, I'm not a fan of the spike helmeted walkers either.
    Agreed. Whenever they're involved it just feels like a contrived pantomime!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Looks like he helped the Saviors escape and is ready to turn in Dwight at any moment.
    But look at the pressure he's under, though. It is very easy for Dwight to tell him "just do nothing, and you will be on the winning side", but that does not take into account the fact that Negan has given Eugene a deadline: if he does not come up with workable solutions to their problems in due time, he is the first one who will be executed. If I was Eugene, my answer to Dwight's suggestion would be: "Fine, but if by date X you have not killed Negan, I will have to take action and solve the problem, otherwise I am the one who will be dead-meat." Feigning failure to come up with viable solutions for the Saviors' problems in order to stall for time is no longer an option for Eugene. Negan has eliminated that possibility by giving Eugene a deadline.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But look at the pressure he's under, though. It is very easy for Dwight to tell him "just do nothing, and you will be on the winning side", but that does not take into account the fact that Negan has given Eugene a deadline: if he does not come up with workable solutions to their problems in due time, he is the first one who will be executed. If I was Eugene, my answer to Dwight's suggestion would be: "Fine, but if by date X you have not killed Negan, I will have to take action and solve the problem, otherwise I am the one who will be dead-meat." Feigning failure to come up with viable solutions for the Saviors' problems in order to stall for time is no longer an option for Eugene. Negan has eliminated that possibility by giving Eugene a deadline.
    Hmmm, perhaps. Makes sense.

I keep flipping on feelings with this guy and I guess that’s the point.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."