Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: World War Z

  1. #1
    Walking Dead kidgloves's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,997
    England

    World War Z

    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

    MY HOME CINEMA

  2. #2
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,384
    UK
    I wonder if there's an element of 'brand resurrection' going on here, being that it's been a while since the movie (which shat all over the book - good scale, but the zombies were idiotic, and shoving a family into proceedings felt so done-to-death and very Hollywood).

    The scale of this game looks good - all the locations, which feels more like the book - however, still with the raptor runners and ant hill piles and all that garbage that looked so friggin' stupid in the movie. *sigh*

  3. #3
    Webmaster Neil's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nr London
    Posts
    14,264
    England
    What I'd like to see is a tactical game RTS game where you have to deploy units and managed them etc...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

  4. #4
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,384
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What I'd like to see is a tactical game RTS game where you have to deploy units and managed them etc...
    I'd love to see a zombie game that didn't include 'red eyed stronger zombies' at night, nor various rip offs of the 'classes' that were in games like Left 4 Dead (e.g. a big fat one that explodes near you, covering you in gunk, or a really fast screechy scuttler) ... oh, and no runners. A large scale Romero/TWD style world in which you have to survive based on your smarts and steering clear of zombies, barricading areas, finding a good place to hold up, dealing with troublemaker humans and so on. It'd be cool, also, if you could then track your settlement through time as the zombie age goes on - so you could go from Night of the Living Dead style 'barricaded house' accomodation to a Land of the Dead style 'city', all with their own 'people probems' to deal with and you could try and tackle those problems in different ways, but going down certain paths might lead to violent conflict or the entire crumbling of your society (or you as the leader).

    That'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than yet more 'COD zombies' style gameplay. We've got more than enough of that.

  5. #5
    Walking Dead kidgloves's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,997
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd love to see a zombie game that didn't include 'red eyed stronger zombies' at night, nor various rip offs of the 'classes' that were in games like Left 4 Dead (e.g. a big fat one that explodes near you, covering you in gunk, or a really fast screechy scuttler) ... oh, and no runners. A large scale Romero/TWD style world in which you have to survive based on your smarts and steering clear of zombies, barricading areas, finding a good place to hold up, dealing with troublemaker humans and so on. It'd be cool, also, if you could then track your settlement through time as the zombie age goes on - so you could go from Night of the Living Dead style 'barricaded house' accomodation to a Land of the Dead style 'city', all with their own 'people probems' to deal with and you could try and tackle those problems in different ways, but going down certain paths might lead to violent conflict or the entire crumbling of your society (or you as the leader).

    That'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than yet more 'COD zombies' style gameplay. We've got more than enough of that.
    That would be State of Decay 2 by the sounds of it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

    MY HOME CINEMA

  6. #6
    Zombie Flesh Eater EvilNed's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,439
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd love to see a zombie game that didn't include 'red eyed stronger zombies' at night, nor various rip offs of the 'classes' that were in games like Left 4 Dead (e.g. a big fat one that explodes near you, covering you in gunk, or a really fast screechy scuttler) ... oh, and no runners. A large scale Romero/TWD style world in which you have to survive based on your smarts and steering clear of zombies, barricading areas, finding a good place to hold up, dealing with troublemaker humans and so on. It'd be cool, also, if you could then track your settlement through time as the zombie age goes on - so you could go from Night of the Living Dead style 'barricaded house' accomodation to a Land of the Dead style 'city', all with their own 'people probems' to deal with and you could try and tackle those problems in different ways, but going down certain paths might lead to violent conflict or the entire crumbling of your society (or you as the leader).

    That'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than yet more 'COD zombies' style gameplay. We've got more than enough of that.
    Project Zomboid is partly this, except you're all alone in the world.

    "I worked in a factory owned by Germans, at coal pits owned by Frenchmen, and at a chemical plant owned by Belgians. There I discovered something about capitalists. They are all alike, whatever the nationality. All they wanted from me was the most work for the least money that kept me alive. So I became a Communist." - Ники́та Серге́евич Хрущёв

    "Thanks for Playa Girón. Before the invasion, the revolution was weak. Now it's stronger than ever". - Che Guevara

  7. #7
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,384
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    That would be State of Decay 2 by the sounds of it.
    Is that single player, or multiplayer only?

  8. #8
    Walking Dead kidgloves's Avatar
    Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,997
    England
    Both ��
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

    MY HOME CINEMA

  9. #9
    Team Rick MinionZombie's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Mandatorium
    Posts
    21,384
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Both ��
    Hmmm ... I may have to investigate that one, then, if it's single player. Ta for the tip.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •