Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World War Z (video game)

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I wonder if there's an element of 'brand resurrection' going on here, being that it's been a while since the movie (which shat all over the book - good scale, but the zombies were idiotic, and shoving a family into proceedings felt so done-to-death and very Hollywood).

The scale of this game looks good - all the locations, which feels more like the book - however, still with the raptor runners and ant hill piles and all that garbage that looked so friggin' stupid in the movie. *sigh*

Administrator

England
    What I'd like to see is a tactical game RTS game where you have to deploy units and managed them etc...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What I'd like to see is a tactical game RTS game where you have to deploy units and managed them etc...
    I'd love to see a zombie game that didn't include 'red eyed stronger zombies' at night, nor various rip offs of the 'classes' that were in games like Left 4 Dead (e.g. a big fat one that explodes near you, covering you in gunk, or a really fast screechy scuttler) ... oh, and no runners. A large scale Romero/TWD style world in which you have to survive based on your smarts and steering clear of zombies, barricading areas, finding a good place to hold up, dealing with troublemaker humans and so on. It'd be cool, also, if you could then track your settlement through time as the zombie age goes on - so you could go from Night of the Living Dead style 'barricaded house' accomodation to a Land of the Dead style 'city', all with their own 'people probems' to deal with and you could try and tackle those problems in different ways, but going down certain paths might lead to violent conflict or the entire crumbling of your society (or you as the leader).

That'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than yet more 'COD zombies' style gameplay. We've got more than enough of that.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd love to see a zombie game that didn't include 'red eyed stronger zombies' at night, nor various rip offs of the 'classes' that were in games like Left 4 Dead (e.g. a big fat one that explodes near you, covering you in gunk, or a really fast screechy scuttler) ... oh, and no runners. A large scale Romero/TWD style world in which you have to survive based on your smarts and steering clear of zombies, barricading areas, finding a good place to hold up, dealing with troublemaker humans and so on. It'd be cool, also, if you could then track your settlement through time as the zombie age goes on - so you could go from Night of the Living Dead style 'barricaded house' accomodation to a Land of the Dead style 'city', all with their own 'people probems' to deal with and you could try and tackle those problems in different ways, but going down certain paths might lead to violent conflict or the entire crumbling of your society (or you as the leader).

That'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than yet more 'COD zombies' style gameplay. We've got more than enough of that.
    That would be State of Decay 2 by the sounds of it.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Project Zomboid is partly this, except you're all alone in the world.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    That would be State of Decay 2 by the sounds of it.
    Is that single player, or multiplayer only?

England
    Both ��

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Both ��
    Hmmm ... I may have to investigate that one, then, if it's single player. Ta for the tip.

England
    E3 gameplay demo. Looks what im looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZ7yHhgxw8

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Looks interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I still hate this thing of fast zombies and different classes - so you so often end up with 'red eyes and more strength at night', and 'the fat one, the scuttler one, the one that throws up on you' etc etc etc. I know why these games do it, but ugh...

I just want a zombie game with shamblers and other humans and nothing else. No exploding chubbers, no screeching witches, none of that shit. *grumpy guss*

Ireland
    Yeh, I'm sick of all that shite myself.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I still hate this thing of fast zombies and different classes - so you so often end up with 'red eyes and more strength at night', and 'the fat one, the scuttler one, the one that throws up on you' etc etc etc. I know why these games do it, but ugh...

I just want a zombie game with shamblers and other humans and nothing else. No exploding chubbers, no screeching witches, none of that shit. *grumpy guss*
    Maybe... If the result in good gameplay don't really care TBH...

TBH, this looks more based on straight forward zombies and less on the type of additional classes you mention (found in L4D) for example...
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    The book's better.