Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 8x08 "How It's Gotta Be" episode discussion... **SPOILERS*

Rising

United States
    Very strange that Simon allowed Maggie to go back to The Hilltop instead of capturing her and taking her to Negan. Alongside Rick and Ezekiel, she is wanted for the purpose of an "exemplary" public execution.

Super Moderator

UK
    I went back to 8x01 and there's a moment right at the end where Rick - in those moments we saw him in a bit of a shellshocked state - where he says "my mercy prevails over my wrath". I strongly think this is going to tie-in with the loss of Carl and will be crucially important for the future of Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Kingdom, Oceanside, and perhaps even The Sanctuary.

Oh, and the Heapsters are still assholes, scarpering as they did at the first sign of trouble. Mind you, to be fair to them, the scene they were presented with wasn't anything like the pictures Rick showed them. So in their point of view Rick's not exactly reliable/trustworthy (and means not a whole bunch to them in the grand scheme of things anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Very strange that Simon allowed Maggie to go back to The Hilltop instead of capturing her and taking her to Negan. Alongside Rick and Ezekiel, she is wanted for the purpose of an "exemplary" public execution.
    They'd basically hammered out an impromptu deal, though, at least for the time being - a placeholder, if you will. A bunch of them were off securing the Kingdom, and the main contingent was busy at Alexandria. Are they aware that Maggie is pregnant? I think so, so it wouldn't do their 'cause' much good to execute a pregnant woman. I wonder if their plans for Maggie is more about bringing her to heel, rather than outright violence.

Clearly they weren't aware of the Hilltop having dozens of Saviours as POWs.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Dec-2017 at 04:32 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I noticed that too.

Man, I didn’t want Carl to go but I’m very curious on how things go from here on out. Carl just isn’t the same character he is in the comics because he outgrew the role so fast. Chandler improved a lot so I’m not blaming the actor. Kids grow fast, you can’t help that.

Now it’s Rick and Judith and what intrigues me is that Judith has no idea what the world was like before the Dead walked the earth.

Sucks they decided to take Chandler off he show though. Kinda messed up.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 11-Dec-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Updated
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh, and the Heapsters are still assholes, scarpering as they did at the first sign of trouble. Mind you, to be fair to them, the scene they were presented with wasn't anything like the pictures Rick showed them. So in their point of view Rick's not exactly reliable/trustworthy (and means not a whole bunch to them in the grand scheme of things anyway).
    That was to be expected. They have no loyalty whatsoever to anyone but their own. They were just about to betray their agreement with the Saviors too. There's no way anyone can possibly trust this treacherous bunch.

They'd basically hammered out an impromptu deal, though, at least for the time being - a placeholder, if you will. A bunch of them were off securing the Kingdom, and the main contingent was busy at Alexandria. Are they aware that Maggie is pregnant? I think so, so it wouldn't do their 'cause' much good to execute a pregnant woman. I wonder if their plans for Maggie is more about bringing her to heel, rather than outright violence.
    If you remember from the episode where Ezekiel almost got captured by that "Revenge of the Nerds" Savior, he clearly said that Rick, Ezekiel and "The Widow" (i.e. Maggie) are wanted, preferably alive, by Negan in order to make a public example out of them. We should expect Simon to have not allowed Maggie to go back to The Hilltop and captured her right then & there and taken her back to the Sanctuary. She is one of Negan's "Most Wanted".

Clearly they weren't aware of the Hilltop having dozens of Saviours as POWs.
    I think that during the confrontation with Simon none of the Hilltoppers revealed to the Saviors that there's many Savior prisoners back at the Hilltop. The most likely action that revelation would have prompted is the immediate capture of all present Hilltoppers. The Saviors would then have a bargaining chip when they go pay a visit to the Hilltop: your prisoners in exchange for ours. By keeping the existence of the Savior prisoners a secret for the moment, Maggie must have insured that none of the Hilltoppers would be taken captive in retaliation. But still, Simon should not have allowed Maggie to go back so casually just like that. She should have been captured right then and there and sent back to the Sanctuary. All the Saviors know that she demoted Gregory and took over leadership of the Hilltop and joined them in the anti-Savior alliance, thus why she is on Negan's "Most Wanted" list.

United States
    Simon should have definitely caltured Maggie.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 11-Dec-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Words
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I noticed that too.

Man, I didn’t want Carl to go but I’m very curious on how things go from here on out. Carl just isn’t the same character he is in the comics because he outgrew the role so fast. Chandler improved a lot so I’m not blaming the actor. Kids grow fast, you can’t help that.

Now it’s Rick and Judith and what intrigues me is that Judith has no idea what the world was like before the Dead walked the earth.

Sucks they decided to take Chandler off he show though. Kinda messed up.
    In regards to Judith - it does keep alive the overarching theme of 'a father raising his kid in the apocalypse', and as you say, a kid who will never know the pre-ZA world. Arguably they'd covered all the 'Carl growing up' stuff to present day times in the comics (aside from popping his cherry, poor Carl can't get no luck in the ZA ), turning him into a man essentially, and I think this episode distilled that quite well: ideologically confronting his father (and, I'd guess, changing his father's mind), thinking ahead to the future as a new generation coming up (a change of hands beginning to happen, almost), and of course Carl's handling of the evacuation plan while all those around him lost their heads.

I don't know if there were other factors (e.g. Riggs wanting to go to college and live a 'normal' life for a while, or whatever) that played into it, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense as a turning point for the society they're trying to build.

That said, the utter hopelessness on Michonne - and, most of all, Rick's - faces was just heartbreaking. It doesn't bear thinking about - a father being confronted with the imminent death of his child. Wonderful acting all around - Guirira, Lincoln, and Riggs: they all nailed it. Good to see the show can still pluck on your heart strings and toss in a shock twist or two, even into its eighth season.

I'm fascinated to see where things develop from here in 8B!

United States
    Eh?! Speeding them up?! I'm stunned that they're even allowed to do that. Here in the UK we sometimes get the credits sped up (or trimmed considerable) for feature films (so you get the big credits, the cast list, and then the logos and MPAA number etc at the very end) - you know, truncated like - or the entire credits reel airs but at a sped-up rate (sometimes quite noticeable, occasionally ramping up as footage is still playing in the fade out moments) ... but never during the actual body of the show or film!
    Unfortunately it's true. It seems like networks here can do pretty much whatever they damn well please, as long as they don't show a bare breast or let the F word slip.

This was one of the better episodes of the series IMO, almost making up for some of the earlier episodes this season, which were honestly pretty rough at times. I hate to see Carl go, but I had a suspicion that it was going to happen. They were spending more time focusing on him and historically whenever there is a lot of character development and talk about morals and the future, it's usually the kiss of death for that character. It was still a ballsy move of the writers, though. I wonder where they are going with this in 8B because they said on Talking Dead that they are not quite done with Carl's character yet.

United States
    I enjoyed this episode. Chandler specifically sought out two people I follow and respectfully asked them not to spoil this episode. For the first time ever they with held the info and chandler has came back and thanked them today. Even though I knew Carl's demise was very probable, it wasn't confirmed so this episode was much more tense. I cussed at each commercial as they become more annoying when I don't know exactly what's coming. As mentioned Danai, Andrew and Chandler acted the hell outta this episode. Major kudos.

As much as I liked when Gimple took over for Mazarra, I think his time is up. Season 3 was a mess and Gimple righted the ship for seasons 4 and 5. But his decision to off Carl is a mistake. Especially since Gimple as said it was done so Rick could find mercy for Negan!!!! Gtfo. Carl has never been my favorite actor or character but I respected what he meant to this show. I'm sure 08-09 will be heart wrenching but I'm nervous with Gimple at the helm. He is AMC puppet and IMO AMC are a bunch of ungrateful pricks with how they have handled this show starting with cutting the budget from season 1 and 2. Rant over.

Super Moderator

UK
    Going forward I would like to see the stories done in such a way that it spreads things out a bit more - the timeline of events. Now, of course All Out War has to take place in a condensed period of time, because stretching it out over days or weeks simply wouldn't make any sense at all, but I would like to see more stories in the future that aren't told within a short period of in-show time.

Season 7 took place over a few weeks ultimately, with large chunks of it taking place in short periods with some gaps between. Season 6 had a huge chunk that took place over 24-48 hours. It'd be nice to get some breathing room inbetween episodes. Fortunately they listened to the fans regarding Season 7's dodgy pacing/structure and have rectified a lot of that here in 8A. They occasionally still try to get a bit too clever with the structure at times (I liked the flash forwards in 8x01 a lot, but would have liked to see a little more of that in further episodes so it didn't feel so disjointed from the rest of the half-season, if that makes sense?) ... some of these structural decisions will work much better in a binge-viewing context rather than a week-by-week context, but being that the latter is how the show initially airs, you've gotta make sure it works first and foremost for that method of transmission.

There's a few sloppy bits here and there that need to be tightened up (e.g. Negan needed more cover in 8x01, as we've discussed ad nauseum in that particular thread, and it'd be nice if some characters didn't act so selfishly at this point in their development and time spent with Team Rick), but overall it was good.

Anyway ... onto other things. So it seems that Grandma Oceanside is indeed dead, kaput, no more as confirmed by Talking Dead. Does anyone have any info about that - did the actress need to leave, did she die, what happened?

And what of Alexandria? They said it had "fallen" on Talking Dead - but permanently? The flash forward showed a house that looked like one from Alexandria, but outside there was a stone building (a new build?). I wonder if the production has had to move away from the location where they currently film (has the popularity of the show pushed up house prices and so people are wanting the show to move on from there now? Who knows?) ... but might they, with half of Alexandria blown up, seek to rebuild various Alexandria-like houses in a new location with various new buildings (according to the flash forward) so it's the 'new' Alexandria?

At the moment, though, it seems the fight is going to move to The Hilltop.

Oh - and if you rewind to episode 8x06, you can see the moment where Carl realises he's been bitten. Siddiq is talking to him and Carl is very still and quiet - the realisation is sinking in - then he snaps back into the need of the moment and cracks on. The transformation from boy to man is complete.

Thinking about it, too, some people complain "ooh, all these walker attacks and nobody gets bitten, even when they're on top of you" - well there you go. Shit does happen from time-to-time.

UPDATE: Seems there was some behind the scenes issues:
    http://www.savedslayer.com/2017/12/c...r-comment.html

Still don't know the whole story, to be fair, but apparently there was talk of wanting Riggs for three more seasons, but then he gets dropped from the show just before his 18th birthday.

- - - Updated - - -

Interview with Riggs for THR:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...r_breakingnews

Interview with Gimple for THR:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...status-1066075

Hmmm ... feeling a bit nervous about the future of the story! I'd forgotten that the flash forward features Carl. So that's probably akin to the 'happy lunchtime' vision we saw last season (with Glenn and Abraham and everyone else enjoying a lovely meal outside on a long table).

I suppose we should remember that there are significant death changes from the comics that we've seen before - losing Andrea in 3x16 and keeping Carol. Mazzara ended up squandering Andrea, but at least we've handled her loss with Michonne, and Carol was kinda naff in the comics, but she's awesome on the show.

Reading these interviews you hear talk of an "end game" being discussed, as would be wise generally. Are they eyeing Season 10 as the end of the show? The comics have been kinda choppy since a little after AOW (i.e. The Whisperers), and I do feel that even the comics need to be wrapped up sooner rather than later as it just feels ready for it ... hmmm.

I'm really in two minds about killing off Carl. I see Gimple's getting a shedload of flack on Twitter regarding it.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Dec-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Rising

United States
    Going forward I would like to see the stories done in such a way that it spreads things out a bit more - the timeline of events. Now, of course All Out War has to take place in a condensed period of time, because stretching it out over days or weeks simply wouldn't make any sense at all, but I would like to see more stories in the future that aren't told within a short period of in-show time.

Season 7 took place over a few weeks ultimately, with large chunks of it taking place in short periods with some gaps between. Season 6 had a huge chunk that took place over 24-48 hours. It'd be nice to get some breathing room inbetween episodes. Fortunately they listened to the fans regarding Season 7's dodgy pacing/structure and have rectified a lot of that here in 8A. They occasionally still try to get a bit too clever with the structure at times (I liked the flash forwards in 8x01 a lot, but would have liked to see a little more of that in further episodes so it didn't feel so disjointed from the rest of the half-season, if that makes sense?) ... some of these structural decisions will work much better in a binge-viewing context rather than a week-by-week context, but being that the latter is how the show initially airs, you've gotta make sure it works first and foremost for that method of transmission.

There's a few sloppy bits here and there that need to be tightened up (e.g. Negan needed more cover in 8x01, as we've discussed ad nauseum in that particular thread, and it'd be nice if some characters didn't act so selfishly at this point in their development and time spent with Team Rick), but overall it was good.

Anyway ... onto other things. So it seems that Grandma Oceanside is indeed dead, kaput, no more as confirmed by Talking Dead. Does anyone have any info about that - did the actress need to leave, did she die, what happened?

And what of Alexandria? They said it had "fallen" on Talking Dead - but permanently? The flash forward showed a house that looked like one from Alexandria, but outside there was a stone building (a new build?). I wonder if the production has had to move away from the location where they currently film (has the popularity of the show pushed up house prices and so people are wanting the show to move on from there now? Who knows?) ... but might they, with half of Alexandria blown up, seek to rebuild various Alexandria-like houses in a new location with various new buildings (according to the flash forward) so it's the 'new' Alexandria?

At the moment, though, it seems the fight is going to move to The Hilltop.

Oh - and if you rewind to episode 8x06, you can see the moment where Carl realises he's been bitten. Siddiq is talking to him and Carl is very still and quiet - the realisation is sinking in - then he snaps back into the need of the moment and cracks on. The transformation from boy to man is complete.

Thinking about it, too, some people complain "ooh, all these walker attacks and nobody gets bitten, even when they're on top of you" - well there you go. Shit does happen from time-to-time.

UPDATE: Seems there was some behind the scenes issues:
    http://www.savedslayer.com/2017/12/c...r-comment.html

Still don't know the whole story, to be fair, but apparently there was talk of wanting Riggs for three more seasons, but then he gets dropped from the show just before his 18th birthday.

- - - Updated - - -

Interview with Riggs for THR:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...r_breakingnews

Interview with Gimple for THR:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...status-1066075

Hmmm ... feeling a bit nervous about the future of the story! I'd forgotten that the flash forward features Carl. So that's probably akin to the 'happy lunchtime' vision we saw last season (with Glenn and Abraham and everyone else enjoying a lovely meal outside on a long table).

I suppose we should remember that there are significant death changes from the comics that we've seen before - losing Andrea in 3x16 and keeping Carol. Mazzara ended up squandering Andrea, but at least we've handled her loss with Michonne, and Carol was kinda naff in the comics, but she's awesome on the show.

Reading these interviews you hear talk of an "end game" being discussed, as would be wise generally. Are they eyeing Season 10 as the end of the show? The comics have been kinda choppy since a little after AOW (i.e. The Whisperers), and I do feel that even the comics need to be wrapped up sooner rather than later as it just feels ready for it ... hmmm.

I'm really in two minds about killing off Carl. I see Gimple's getting a shedload of flack on Twitter regarding it.
    I think those are probably just visions/illusions in Rick's mind. The whole thing has its root in what Negan told Rick when he took him to that bridge area with the bunch of zombies, to give him the dangerous task of retrieving the hatchet from the roof of the RV. While Rick was struggling to survive out there and get the hatchet, Negan taunted him with something along the lines of "you thought everything was going to be fine with everyone sitting at the dinner table like one big happy family, but it's not like that, Rick." Those words and the shocking events associated with them must have had a deep psychological impact on Rick.

Regarding when Carl got bit: you can see it now in retrospective, but at the time the episode first aired it was difficult to conclude whether Carl had really gotten bit or not. Now we can plainly deduce that it was the first zombie that was on top of him trying to bite him, which he pushed to the side, then another zombie fell on top of him. While Carl is in the process of taking his gun out to shoot this second zombie, the first one comes back and his head goes off screen right around the area where we later see that Carl got bit.

Let's hope that Rick does not get so pissed off that he wants to place the blame for this on Siddiq. It was not his fault. He was minding his own business. Carl did everything out of his own will, Siddiq did not force him to fight the zombies, in fact quite the contrary, he told him that he probably should not be doing any of what he's doing for him.

United States
    Alexandria is pretty much done currently. Looks like the remaining battle will settle in the Hilltop. The Saviors have The Kingdom and Alexandria is in flames.

Oceanside leader Natania is toast. That was really weird how they went about her demise. To me it was a time issue. So much story to fit into one episode and their desire to devote an entire episode to Eugene didn’t help. Anyway, she was the only factor holding Oceanside back from the fight so that’s that.

Carl being bitten randomly was fine, we need the Walkers to be more of a threat. All that fighting and surviving just to get bit by a Walker. Sad. I felt the same way when Glenn was first killed by Negan in the comic. It can happen to anyone. It’s also a way so the character can get a final goodbye with his family.

Also, Chandler’s Dad should keep his feelings off social media. Bad move.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 12-Dec-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Delightful

Super Moderator

UK
    You make some good points, Moon. I'm all over the shop on the Carl issue. There's 'theories' going around online (fuelled by Lincoln and Reedus' contracts having not been sorted out yet - but, to be fair, that's not unusual in the biz and simple business problems can suddenly take on far more significance from the fiction being depicted on screen) that could this big departure from the comics mean that Rick will get killed off ... I really hope they don't go that way, that'd be way too far and not make enough sense. We entered this world with Rick, and we need to leave this world with Rick - i.e. when the show ends it needs to end with Rick (either looking out over a new world as it begins, or dying at the very end of the whole TV show).

The behind the scenes situation is undoubtedly a bit confused to us outsiders and there's no real way to understand it all fairly or completely. I wish these sorts of things didn't happen as it really leaves a sour/confused taste in the mouth (e.g. the way Darabont was shafted way back when). It must be hard for the "TWD Family" - all the creative minds on either side of the camera (i.e. not the corporate folk) - having to deal with these sorts of punches.

Some people have talked about the Carl stuff associated with The Whisperers storyline from the comics, but to be honest, that quality of that storyline has been all over the place - to me at least. It wasn't as interesting in the wake of All Out War and felt a bit too weird (like Heapster weird). With the comics continuing for the foreseeable future and the show dozens and dozens of issues behind, I think it might be wise to re-write the Whisperer stuff entirely for a custom-built 'end game' designed specifically for the TV show, which could still cherry pick the best parts of the comics post-AOW.

JDP - yeah, the lunchtime dream was clearly a dream ... I was just saying that now we know that Carl is about to die that the apparent 'flash forward' was instead a similar style of 'dream' ... although we still really need to see 'Old Man Rick' for the final seasons with Judith more grown up. We could have Judith as the new face of the future for the TWD universe, especially as someone who never knew the 'old world'. It'd be nice to see Judith grow into a young adult (which, in the ZA world with all its harsh realities, is akin to being a full blown adult in the pre-ZA world) who has a vision for the future, through a series of time jumps and a generally faster progression of time across the constituent episodes of each remaining season.

United States
    You make some good points, Moon. I'm all over the shop on the Carl issue. There's 'theories' going around online (fuelled by Lincoln and Reedus' contracts having not been sorted out yet - but, to be fair, that's not unusual in the biz and simple business problems can suddenly take on far more significance from the fiction being depicted on screen) that could this big departure from the comics mean that Rick will get killed off ... I really hope they don't go that way, that'd be way too far and not make enough sense. We entered this world with Rick, and we need to leave this world with Rick - i.e. when the show ends it needs to end with Rick (either looking out over a new world as it begins, or dying at the very end of the whole TV show).

The behind the scenes situation is undoubtedly a bit confused to us outsiders and there's no real way to understand it all fairly or completely. I wish these sorts of things didn't happen as it really leaves a sour/confused taste in the mouth (e.g. the way Darabont was shafted way back when). It must be hard for the "TWD Family" - all the creative minds on either side of the camera (i.e. not the corporate folk) - having to deal with these sorts of punches.

Some people have talked about the Carl stuff associated with The Whisperers storyline from the comics, but to be honest, that quality of that storyline has been all over the place - to me at least. It wasn't as interesting in the wake of All Out War and felt a bit too weird (like Heapster weird). With the comics continuing for the foreseeable future and the show dozens and dozens of issues behind, I think it might be wise to re-write the Whisperer stuff entirely for a custom-built 'end game' designed specifically for the TV show, which could still cherry pick the best parts of the comics post-AOW.

JDP - yeah, the lunchtime dream was clearly a dream ... I was just saying that now we know that Carl is about to die that the apparent 'flash forward' was instead a similar style of 'dream' ... although we still really need to see 'Old Man Rick' for the final seasons with Judith more grown up. We could have Judith as the new face of the future for the TWD universe, especially as someone who never knew the 'old world'. It'd be nice to see Judith grow into a young adult (which, in the ZA world with all its harsh realities, is akin to being a full blown adult in the pre-ZA world) who has a vision for the future, through a series of time jumps and a generally faster progression of time across the constituent episodes of each remaining season.
    I recently read that viewership was down 25% for this mid season episode compared to last year. The GA are starting to walk away. I have friends that are no longer invested. I love the show and always have. But it doesnt have that magic vibe it once held for me. The behind the scene turmoil does not bode well. I think AMC is a giant pain in the ass. I read Gale Ann Hurd is involved in this current lawsuit with AMC. Thats bad news. I am fearful that AMC will just allow the show to disintegrate and milk as much cash as possible during the process. To me it feels like AMC has always been about the bottom dollar. Carl dying is a wake up call to the cast that Gimple is more interested in shock value and the "no one is safe" mantra. Some characters have to die and I understand that. But killing too many main characters, and more importantly fan favorites, and the show will collapse. I would rather see the show go out on its on terms even a year or two too early than just fall apart. AS Minion eluded to, we started this journey with Rick Grimes and I need it to end with Rick. Preferably not dying but rather he and Carl surviving the ZA and making it to a new and rebuilt world of the living. Carl's gone so I hope Judith can make it. And if they are feeling kind I would love to see Maggie and baby, Michonne and Daryl.

Hey Moon Im sure you're happy with Rosita's brain clicking back on to level headed.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    AS Minion eluded to, we started this journey with Rick Grimes and I need it to end with Rick. Preferably not dying but rather he and Carl surviving the ZA and making it to a new and rebuilt world of the living. Carl's gone so I hope Judith can make it. And if they are feeling kind I would love to see Maggie and baby, Michonne and Daryl.
    Don't forget Carol, too. We're now down to the "Atlanta three" (Rick, Daryl, Carol). I'd like to see all three of them make it, personally, or maybe lose one of them at the very end of the whole shebang.

It's interesting looking at the reactions on social media, and even just reading those THR articles, it's very easy to feel down on the show just by surrounding yourself with negative stories or general complaining. In some ways it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, where if you have some viewers who are so focused on the problems then it's all they can see.

It is fair to say the show doesn't have quite the same power as it once did when it was at its peak, but there's still the opportunity to go out strong and correct mistakes that have been made (well, within reason - Carl will definitely die as that's how the bites work). All shows eventually lose their big, shining glow (after their initial rise to greatness). They've definitely lost some viewers outright (but might those have been more casual fans?), while some have chosen to move their viewership over to 'time shift' viewing (e.g. last week's episode got a 3.3m bump in the +3 ratings).

I think it'd be wise to move into the 'final phase' period of the show now, like how Game of Thrones opted to not drag things out unnecessarily (even cutting three episodes from each of the final two seasons). Two more seasons of TWD at a reduced schedule of 12 (i.e. 6 and 6) would work well, I think. You have enough time to sort everything out, but you also don't drag it into embarrassment. In the meantime there's still plenty to look forward to, despite some wobbles we've had recently. We need to acknowledge the bad, of course, but we also need to focus on the good as well.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Dec-2017 at 06:25 PM.

United States
    Facestabber, I’m very happy with Rosita now. I loved that she had Carl’s back.

The show is over 8 years old now. It’s bound to happen. I knew once it peaked during season 5 it was only a matter of time. The GA isn’t like the passionate fan base. They lose interest quick when a shiny new toy is tossed their way. Netflix really did change how shows are consumed now.

People complain about the show having more commercials now than ever. (It doesn’t.) They complain when things drag or when an episode ends with a cliffhanger, if it’s too slow, too much action, ect. I wonder if TWD was released as a whole instead of weekly will people think different of it? Maybe.

It’s all good though I’m still enjoying it but because the show is still huge all the negative stuff makes the headlines; almost as if it’s the only show that has imperfections behind and in front of the cameras.

The Whisperers has a chance to change the pace and feel of the show in a good way but I will say this, the writers have to drop the moral compass storylines already. Please.