Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest remake news... "Call me Snake!"

Administrator

England

Latest remake news... "Call me Snake!"

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Hot off the socko bow of "300" this past weekend, star Gerard Butler is at the center of a package that CAA began shopping Monday for a remake of John Carpenter's 1981 actioner "Escape From New York."

Neal Moritz is attached to produce, with "Black Hawk Down" scribe Ken Nolan penning the screenplay.

Several studios are battling for the pic, mostly because the $70 million launch of "300" signaled the arrival of an emerging action star in Butler. A deal is expected to be made this week.

Butler would play Snake Plissken, the one-eyed convict who's charged with heading into the inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan to liberate the U.S. president.

Kurt Russell originated the role and reprised it in the 1996 sequel "Escape to L.A."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

To quote Discharge:

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    this film must NEVER get remade. It's one of the few classics that we have left! I swear, remaking films is gonna kill the industry. only in a few cases can a film be remade. Escape from New York has nothing wrong with it, thus, it shouldn't be remade!!!!!!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    $20 says Zack Snyder is tapped as director.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    $20 says Zack Snyder is tapped as director.
    He's working hard on getting "The Watchmen" to the big screen. I'm thinking the studio will try to do EFNY as fast as possible and put some random music video director on it just to get it done. Then it will turn out like McG's "Charlie's Angels" or something.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    McG's "Charlie's Angels" or something.
    I've still not forgiven my other half and her friend for taking me to that pile of pubescent pooh!

I'm so glad I added this emoticon --->
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    <unsurprised but pissed off>

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm so glad I added this emoticon --->
    You knows it, best one on there.

Dead

Undisclosed
    I just want to know why they couldn't make John Carpenter's Escape From Earth? Sure it would probably be a lot like Escape From LA, but at least it wouldn't be a remake.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    we need the emoticon that beats it's head off a brick wall

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    why?, just...why?, god leats these frikkin retards all get fired so the remakes firggin' stop

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    we need the emoticon that beats it's head off a brick wall

Yeh! It's bloody annoying we don't have that one!!
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    oh..
    i am now numb to the ignominy of discovering an iminent crappy remake of a movie i hold dear...so many times has it happened now...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    next up on the hollywood remake list:

the goonies
    back to the future
    the addams family
    jurassic park
    the terminator
    ghostbusters
    nightmare on elm street
    clerks
    trainspotting

.....kidding, wonder if anyone had a heart attack then, most likely bassman what with the ghost busters inclusion

capncnut
    The uncanny thing is that the first two are probably very much in the works. They've been talked about for long enough.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *expletive deleted by moderator for incredibly foul language* -