Thread: Birth Of A Zombie - Japanese Language Documentary

Fresh Meat

Birth Of A Zombie - Japanese Language Documentary

This is Rob from the UK Evil Dead Trilogy fansite

Every so year or so, I get a friend in Japan to buy bits & pieces of Evil Dead material like magazines & flyers on my behalf, and post them over to me in one package, so I can scan them and add them into my website. I have a large section of Japanese scans, of horror items I've bought for myself which are not Evil Dead related. There's some Night/Dawn/Day stuff on there for anyone who wants a look;

Anyway, he sent me a new package of material at Christmas, and added in a Blu-Ray TV recording he'd made of a Japanese Language TV Documentary, Broadcast after George Romero's Death (specifically Nov 28, 2017), the title is roughly translated as 'Birth Of A Zombie'. It covers Night Of The Living Dead, along with various zombie related films & games, like Resident Evil. If you can read Japanese, or you want to run it through Google Translate, you can read more about it here;

This thread may fall fowl of this forums piracy policy and be deleted, but I don't really know anyone else who would be hugely interested, so I ripped the BD-R 1:1 to an MKV file, so no re-encoding, and uploaded it to my own hosting webspace. There are no subtitles, and as I said above, it's entirely in Japanese, and I'm not sure how much of the footage & interviews are entirely 'new'. It may simply be a Japanese repackaging of an existing US documentary (?). Still, some completists may find it interesting. Here is some screenshots and a download link;

Birth Of A Zombie - Japanese Language Documentary, Broadcast after George Romero's Death (Nov 28, 2017).mkv] (7.91GB)

Vienna, Austria
    Thank you for sharing this and all the other cool Japanese "Dead" stuff, Rob. I have known your website for quite some time and enjoy it a lot. Keep up the great work!
    "Add the Calgon!"

Thanks for this mate
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.