Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Dead Weekend Monroeville 2018

Super Moderator

Germany

Living Dead Weekend Monroeville 2018

http://www.thelivingdeadweekend.com/...d-monroeville/

I'm taking my daughter to this one. We have VIP tickets, and a behind the scenes tour Friday night. First convention appearance by Richard France btw. They update their facebook page quicker than their web page, but Greg Nicotero will be there too.

Rising

United States
    The Monroeville Mall should have prohibited any further messing with the original configuration of its stores and declared them to be "landmarks". They should specially never have allowed the locale where the Penneys department store was to be torn down and turned into a movie theater

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    http://www.thelivingdeadweekend.com/...d-monroeville/

I'm taking my daughter to this one. We have VIP tickets, and a behind the scenes tour Friday night. First convention appearance by Richard France btw. They update their facebook page quicker than their web page, but Greg Nicotero will be there too.
    All the VIP tickets are gone already
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    They may open up a few more VIP tickets. Keep your eyes open!

United States
    i'll be there as well. May have the whole family but not sure. Its going to be a blast!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wish I’d heard about this sooner, I would’ve been all over those vip tickets. I’d totally be up for the road trip to PA. Fingers crossed they’ll put up some more!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So there have been some discussions behind the scenes between long-time and regular members here regarding possibly setting up a meeting between fans here from HPotD, amongst other possibilities. Just as a very early preliminary question: How many members would be open to or interested in participating in a meet up for this event. Prior, during, after, maybe even road trips or extra activities involving all our long time buddies here at HPotD.

Just kinda testing the waters. Who might be interested?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So there have been some discussions behind the scenes between long-time and regular members here regarding possibly setting up a meeting between fans here from HPotD, amongst other possibilities. Just as a very early preliminary question: How many members would be open to or interested in participating in a meet up for this event. Prior, during, after, maybe even road trips or extra activities involving all our long time buddies here at HPotD.

Just kinda testing the waters. Who might be interested?
    Let's do it. I mean how often are we all going to get the chance to actually meet in person at an event like this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    Let's do it. I mean how often are we all going to get the chance to actually meet in person at an event like this.
    Exactly! Looks like you’re in PA, so you have easy access. Right now we’re trying to figure out how to get some of the more globally fans over here. I’m offering airport pickup and travel! Really looking forward to it! I hope it happens

Super Moderator

Germany
    I'd be glad to meet up with folks. We're booked for the Friday night tour, and we are going to the VIP mixer. I could catch up with you guys anytime before or after those events.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd be glad to meet up with folks. We're booked for the Friday night tour, and we are going to the VIP mixer. I could catch up with you guys anytime before or after those events.
    Sweet! Seeing as we’re kinda late getting this HPotD gathering together, most of us won’t have vip tickets, so we’ll just have to go get drunk and wander the parking lots. Seems fitting though, doesn’t it?? lol
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Apr-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

Germany
    I am thinking about bringing a projector and portable blu-ray player. We could schedule a late night unauthorized showing of any version of Dawn we would like to show. I am thinking maybe after Friday night's tour.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am thinking about bringing a projector and portable blu-ray player. We could schedule a late night unauthorized showing of any version of Dawn we would like to show. I am thinking maybe after Friday night's tour.
    I have no idea how all the rights stuff works, but being that this is an official convention, wouldn’t it be risky to do an unauthorized screening?

Super Moderator

Germany
    Yeah, I was thinking of a screening in one of our rooms... not in one of the convention rooms.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I was thinking of a screening in one of our rooms... not in one of the convention rooms.
    Oh.....well in that case, heck yeah!
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Apr-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: .