Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living Dead Weekend Monroeville 2018

United States
    i've been on here since 1998 and i'd love to meet up with some old heads and kick back some Iron City's in Monroeville

United States
    damn, i've been waiting for years to make the pilgrimage and finally planned it for this year..in may, like 2 weeks before this goes down. there's not enough sad face emoji's on the internet to describe how bummed i am right now.

the purpose of our trip is to visit PNC park (trying to see all MLB parks in my lifetime, kind of my thing) and see the monroeville mall and evans city cemetery. i really should get on this site more often, might have planned things a bit differently if i had known about this.

edit: the wife and i already have booked hotels and purchased tickets for a couple of pittsburgh pirates games in may (they are out of town the weekend of this convention), as well as requested time off from our respective jobs. it's also about 8 hours from home so there's really no way i can make 2 trips like that 2 weeks apart. otherwise i'd be all over this event like a cheap suit.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 16-Apr-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

Germany
    Tara-n-Flyboy.jpg

My daughter took a selfie with flyboy while we were waiting for the Behind the Scenes tour of the mall. In the background is the motorcycle entrance.

Super Moderator

UK
    What was the con like, Kaos? It would have been awesome to be there, but financially speaking it just wasn't a goer for me all the way over here on the other side of the pond.

United States
    yeah, i've been wondering how many of you guys went? was there an HpotD meet-up? like i said before, if i lived anywhere close i'd have been there.

Super Moderator

Germany
    I had a great time. Didn't meet up with any HPOTD folks I didn't already know though. The highlight was definitely the after hours tour of the mall. Seeing the control room/boiler room, the hallway that leads to the stairway to the loft, etc... The layout of back area of the mall in the movie is different in reality. The hallway behind the door that is covered up in the movie isn't connected to the stairwell that leads up to the living area. The control room/boiler room is on the opposite side of the mall off of the first floor. The boiler room did have that familiar hum though.

First time meeting Richard France and John Amplas. Richard still has that great voice.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I had a great time. Didn't meet up with any HPOTD folks I didn't already know though. The highlight was definitely the after hours tour of the mall. Seeing the control room/boiler room, the hallway that leads to the stairway to the loft, etc... The layout of back area of the mall in the movie is different in reality. The hallway behind the door that is covered up in the movie isn't connected to the stairwell that leads up to the living area. The control room/boiler room is on the opposite side of the mall off of the first floor. The boiler room did have that familiar hum though.

First time meeting Richard France and John Amplas. Richard still has that great voice.
    Did he say "DUMMIES! DUMMIES! DUMMIES!"? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by JDP; 13-Jun-2018 at 11:34 PM. Reason: ;

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, the after hours tour must've been great! *jealous*

Oh aye, Richard France has a fantastic voice, doesn't he? He was great in Dawn and great in The Crazies, too.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Hey folks,

Someone on the tour I was on posted a video of the highlights of the after hours tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y47USWG5zk

I hope you enjoy it.

Administrator

England
    That's great thank!

Flyboy looks good 40yrs on!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That's great thank!

Flyboy looks good 40yrs on!
    He is from the UK. At other times during the con he was the non-zombie Flyboy wearing a leather jacket and aviator sunglasses. Gaylen Ross did a double-take when he walked by.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    gaylen ross did a double-take when he walked by.
    lol!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan