Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: So which Night film is canon to George's series, original or remake?

Super Moderator

UK

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Oh, that's not how I feel and I'm glad you finally came around to my view.

United States
    As an outsider looking in, JDP and Philly Swat seem to be the ones who are grasping at the most straws.

But, there is plenty of trolling going on by everybody involved.

Is this worthless thread ever going to end?

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    As an outsider looking in, JDP and Philly Swat seem to be the ones who are grasping at the most straws.
    Maybe if you don't actually know what that means, because all the straw-grasping and trolling here is coming from the obtuse *(purposeful or unwitting? this is still the not totally clear part) fellow that any observant person can easily identify in this thread. You know, the one who hilariously invents "rules" about story-writing that exist nowhere but in his head (example: "two characters mention the same amount of time, ergo they MUST be referring to the same thing!") and then when his invalid "arguments" get exposed resorts to avoiding to address the points that have been brought up against them like if they were the plague. All that is left for such a person to do, then, is silly repetitive trolling in a desperate attempt to make it look like he "won". Sad, really. And it's not "new", BTW. He has already resorted to similar things in older threads.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Maybe if you don't actually know what that means, because all the straw-grasping and trolling here is coming from the obtuse *(purposeful or unwitting? this is still the not totally clear part) fellow that any observant person can easily identify in this thread. You know, the one who hilariously invents "rules" about story-writing that exist nowhere but in his head (example: "two characters mention the same amount of time, ergo they MUST be referring to the same thing!") and then when his invalid "arguments" get exposed resorts to avoiding to address the points that have been brought up against them like if they were the plague. All that is left for such a person to do, then, is silly repetitive trolling in a desperate attempt to make it look like he "won". Sad, really. And it's not "new", BTW. He has already resorted to similar things in older threads.
    Nope, I knew exactly what it meant when I typed it.

You can type giant paragraphs, use all caps, underline sentences, change the font colors, and use all of the pseudo intellectual phrases you want to try make people that disagree with you sound less credible, but you are honestly still just arguing the exact same exact shit over and over.

You, EvilNed, and everyone else reading this thread are probably never going to change each other's minds, no matter what anyone says, so why waste your time typing page after page for absolutely NO reason? Honestly, do you really have nothing better to do with your time? I don't get it. It's fucking stupid, in my opinion. But, if that's really how you enjoy spending your time, have at it.

Rising

United States
    Nope, I knew exactly what it meant when I typed it.

You can type giant paragraphs, use all caps, underline sentences, change the font colors, and use all of the pseudo intellectual phrases you want to try make people that disagree with you sound less credible, but you are honestly still just arguing the exact same exact shit over and over.

You, EvilNed, and everyone else reading this thread are probably never going to change each other's minds, no matter what anyone says, so why waste your time typing page after page for absolutely NO reason? Honestly, do you really have nothing better to do with your time? I don't get it. It's fucking stupid, in my opinion. But, if that's really how you enjoy spending your time, have at it.
    Strange, and yet here you are religiously following everything that is said in the thread. Think about what you just wrote directed at others who participate in the thread, and now multiply it by 2 in your case Don't you have better things to do than that? But, if that's really how you enjoy spending your time, then why are you attacking the people who are writing the posts that you keep reading???

Plus how else do you expect anyone to communicate with a stubborn fellow who desperately avoids addressing the points that are brought up and continues to repeat the same crap over and over as if they had never been addressed, and then to top it off resorts to obvious trolling??? Of course that you have to be persistent when confronted with such obtuse behavior. Why should this fellow be allowed to get away with pushing his faulty claims unchallenged? It's kind of like The Thing: "If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."
    Last edited by JDP; 11-Jun-2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    Strange, and yet here you are religiously following everything that is said in the thread. Think about what you just wrote directed at others who participate in the thread, and now multiply it by 2 in your case Don't you have better things to do than that? But, if that's really how you enjoy spending your time, then why are you attacking the people who are writing the posts that you keep reading???

Plus how else do you expect anyone to communicate with a stubborn fellow who desperately avoids addressing the points that are brought up and continues to repeat the same crap over and over as if they had never been addressed, and then to top it off resorts to obvious trolling??? Of course that you have to be persistent when confronted with such obtuse behavior. Why should this fellow be allowed get away with pushing his strange claims unchallenged? It's kind of like The Thing: "If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."
    I'm not "religiously following" anyone or anything. Also, EvilNed isn't the stubborn fellow pushing strange claims.

And skimming through parts of a thread wastes a lot less time than thinking up and typing out long, drawn out paragraphs.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 11-Jun-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: .

United States
    For the record, I am not in any way "grasping at straws", unless your definition of that phrase differs from mine. I enjoy spirited discussion, whether on this site, another site, or in real life. Conversations with people who totally agree with you are rarely stimulating...I think THIS, me too, me too, etc. It is discussions with people of different opinions which are more fun and mentally stimulating. I learned years ago that EvilNed is not interested in true intellectual debate, rather, he picks a point, and then for whatever reason, refuses to even minimally acknowledge a good point made by someone else with a different viewpoint. I have chimed in this thread a couple of times not in any way thinking I would "change EvilNed's mind"...but simple for my own personal amusement.
    Due to EvilNed's refusal to engage in honest debate, quite frankly, I am not sure what his actual mindset is.

I have said to EvilNed years ago,several times, that if a person believes THEORY A, and a different person believes THEORY B, it is very possible that even though theory A is in fact the true and accurate theory, that doenst mean that the person who believes theory B is incapable of making a good subpoint in support of his belief in theory B. Acknowledgement that the theory B believer made a good supporting argument does not in any way mean that the theory A believer is abandoning his belief in theory A. But EvilNed is either incapable of understanding that, or purposefully being a troll. He refuses to accept even simple facts in apparent fear that simple acknowledgment somehow means he 'loses' the overall discussion, which it obviously does not.

And to me, the "three years or not three years" is much less relevant than whether or not Land comes before Day or not. It makes little sense to me, for a variety of reasons, that Land takes place three years into the outbreak, but even if that was so, then to me it means that the events in Day take place even further into the outbreak than that. The only reason the 'three years' discussion got started to begin with was someone using that as a point to say that to them Day was obviously less than 3 years in, therefore Day occurs before Land. I totally disagree with that premise at all. To me, for a wide variety of reasons, the events in Day must happen after the events in Land. The three years comments in Land are not relevant to that conclusion. Totally separate from that view, but hard to separate for some, I also believe that the events in Land would HAVE to be near the start of the outbreak, not three years in, for a variety of reasons.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm sad that you feel you need to resort to images and feel unable to continue this argument. But on the other hand I am pleased you have come around to my way of thinking!

Rising

United States
    I'm sad that you feel you need to resort to images and feel unable to continue this argument. But on the other hand I am pleased you have come around to my way of thinking!

United States
    This really isn't directed towards anyone in particular. It's just something to contemplate.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by beat_truck; 11-Jun-2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: .

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    For the record, I am not in any way "grasping at straws", unless your definition of that phrase differs from mine. I enjoy spirited discussion, whether on this site, another site, or in real life. Conversations with people who totally agree with you are rarely stimulating...I think THIS, me too, me too, etc. It is discussions with people of different opinions which are more fun and mentally stimulating. I learned years ago that EvilNed is not interested in true intellectual debate, rather, he picks a point, and then for whatever reason, refuses to even minimally acknowledge a good point made by someone else with a different viewpoint. I have chimed in this thread a couple of times not in any way thinking I would "change EvilNed's mind"...but simple for my own personal amusement.
    Due to EvilNed's refusal to engage in honest debate, quite frankly, I am not sure what his actual mindset is.

I have said to EvilNed years ago,several times, that if a person believes THEORY A, and a different person believes THEORY B, it is very possible that even though theory A is in fact the true and accurate theory, that doenst mean that the person who believes theory B is incapable of making a good subpoint in support of his belief in theory B. Acknowledgement that the theory B believer made a good supporting argument does not in any way mean that the theory A believer is abandoning his belief in theory A. But EvilNed is either incapable of understanding that, or purposefully being a troll. He refuses to accept even simple facts in apparent fear that simple acknowledgment somehow means he 'loses' the overall discussion, which it obviously does not.

And to me, the "three years or not three years" is much less relevant than whether or not Land comes before Day or not. It makes little sense to me, for a variety of reasons, that Land takes place three years into the outbreak, but even if that was so, then to me it means that the events in Day take place even further into the outbreak than that. The only reason the 'three years' discussion got started to begin with was someone using that as a point to say that to them Day was obviously less than 3 years in, therefore Day occurs before Land. I totally disagree with that premise at all. To me, for a wide variety of reasons, the events in Day must happen after the events in Land. The three years comments in Land are not relevant to that conclusion. Totally separate from that view, but hard to separate for some, I also believe that the events in Land would HAVE to be near the start of the outbreak, not three years in, for a variety of reasons.
    Indeed. Even if we chose to suppose that the "3 years" bit in Land is actually referring to the zombie outbreak, it still would not prove anything regarding Day, since that movie is also vague regarding when exactly is it taking place. Fully knowing this, Ned has concocted several other fallacies, like the helicopter exploration bit: "They have just come back from exploring a section of the coast 100 miles each way, ergo, that must mean they have not been there for long." Apparently it did not occur to him that this is actually way more believable even if we suppose it's taking place after those people have spent several years in the bunker than that the armies of mercenaries in Land are somehow still looting the hell out of abandoned towns nearby the populous city after 3 friggin' supposed years worth of such looting fests. As a nitpicker, Ned is a total amateur. He would not have gotten anywhere at the old Nitpickers.com site. He should take a course in logic and common sense, not to say anything about story writing (he often confuses "setting" with "exposition", for example.) His "arguments" have more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.
    Last edited by JDP; 12-Jun-2018 at 01:03 AM. Reason: ;

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Ok guys, hear me out. This is the future of green energy. I have found an unending source of clean and humane energy.
    Throughout this entire debate, I have not read JDP's posts. I have only ever read the first sentence and then replied to it. The goal has been to put in the minimum amount of effort to yield maximum results. It has worked almost consistently. I have no idea what JDP's arguments are, nor do I really care. I don't really care about Land of the Dead to begin with. But if you go back and look at all my posts from at least March and onwards you will see that I never quote JDP's full comments and only ever the first part of his posts. This is intentional. I have not even read them as that would require energy, which is what I'm trying to conserve.

The experiment was a resounding success, for three+ months every single day I have managed to extract a positive net worth of energy from JDP where he seems to have put in much care into his posts - posting links, long texts and arguments - none of which I have read. Despite this all it ever took was just a few lines to extract yet another lengthy post from JDP.

That's not all however, the experiment reached previously unimagined levels when Philly_Swat entered the discussion. For awhile, like in these posts above, they actually fed off each other. I did nothing! JDP and Philly_Swat would simply reply to each other, obviously quite irritated at my minimal effort (again, I'm only assuming - I never read any of their posts as that would require energy I spent doing other things).

In the end I truly believe we have the future here. If we could only harness this energy source we have a clean source of energy: Pointless internet arguments.

United States
    Ok guys, hear me out. This is the future of green energy. I have found an unending source of clean and humane energy.
    Throughout this entire debate, I have not read JDP's posts. I have only ever read the first sentence and then replied to it. The goal has been to put in the minimum amount of effort to yield maximum results. It has worked almost consistently. I have no idea what JDP's arguments are, nor do I really care. I don't really care about Land of the Dead to begin with. But if you go back and look at all my posts from at least March and onwards you will see that I never quote JDP's full comments and only ever the first part of his posts. This is intentional. I have not even read them as that would require energy, which is what I'm trying to conserve.

The experiment was a resounding success, for three+ months every single day I have managed to extract a positive net worth of energy from JDP where he seems to have put in much care into his posts - posting links, long texts and arguments - none of which I have read. Despite this all it ever took was just a few lines to extract yet another lengthy post from JDP.

That's not all however, the experiment reached previously unimagined levels when Philly_Swat entered the discussion. For awhile, like in these posts above, they actually fed off each other. I did nothing! JDP and Philly_Swat would simply reply to each other, obviously quite irritated at my minimal effort (again, I'm only assuming - I never read any of their posts as that would require energy I spent doing other things).

In the end I truly believe we have the future here. If we could only harness this energy source we have a clean source of energy: Pointless internet arguments.
    I am not exactly surprised.

I could have almost bet money that you were egging him on from nearly the beginning. At first I actually read the arguments, but when I figured out they weren't actually going anywhere (the last dozen pages at least), I just quickly skimmed through to see what was going on and to see who was going to be the one to crack.

Now, I don't know whether to find it funny or sad. Even though I don't agree with him, I actually feel a little sorry for JDP.