Thread: TWD 8x11 "Dead or Alive Or" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 8x11 "Dead or Alive Or" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 8x11 "Dead or Alive Or" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Eddie Guzelian

Daryl finds himself in bad company as his group heads to the Hilltop; Maggie makes difficult decisions at the Hilltop; Gabriel's faith becomes tested.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Mar-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Administrator

England
    High hopes for this one!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    High hopes for this one!
    Aye, really looking forward to it. These last two eps have been great!

United States
    Negan with that fresh cut.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Generally bits of business to attend to in this one, regrouping and such, but some cool swamp walkers and the cool idea of using fetid zombie gunk as a weapon.

Gabriel sure did screw the pooch on this one, eh? Gettin' mixed messages from the big man in the sky there, eh Gabriel?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Negan with that fresh cut.
    ???

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Generally bits of business to attend to in this one, regrouping and such, but some cool swamp walkers and the cool idea of using fetid zombie gunk as a weapon.

Gabriel sure did screw the pooch on this one, eh? Gettin' mixed messages from the big man in the sky there, eh Gabriel?

???
    How annoying was Tara? Terrible. Also a hypocrite.

Poor Gabriel and damn poor Doc Carson. Kinda felt really cheated on that one but with Siddiq being made somewhat of a doctor in the show, kinda saw it coming.

As far as Negan’s “fresh cut”, that’s a reference of his new haircut.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah, yeah, I figured he'd had a haircut when I saw the promo pic of him.

Yes, Tara was piss-annoying in this episode. It was good that they tided that hate-train up in this episode, though. Any more of that and I'd be struggling with that as a plot thread.

Eugene's gonna have a lot to think about as soon as anyone dies via the methods he suggested in this episode - using the walkers as chemical weapons. To be fair he was more suggesting from a psychological standpoint and Negan then thought about them more from a weapons standpoint, but still.

TWD 8x11 Memes:

Well, okay, that one is 8x10, whatevs...

Reminds me of Chip Chipperson demonstrating his kissing technique.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Mar-2018 at 05:38 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ah, yeah, I figured he'd had a haircut when I saw the promo pic of him.

Yes, Tara was piss-annoying in this episode. It was good that they tided that hate-train up in this episode, though. Any more of that and I'd be struggling with that as a plot thread.

Eugene's gonna have a lot to think about as soon as anyone dies via the methods he suggested in this episode - using the walkers as chemical weapons. To be fair he was more suggesting from a psychological standpoint and Negan then thought about them more from a weapons standpoint, but still.

TWD 8x11 Memes:

Well, okay, that one is 8x10, whatevs...

Reminds me of Chip Chipperson demonstrating his kissing technique.

Didn’t even think of that. Another reason to hate on Eugene.

Ireland
    Another good episode, I thought.

3 for 3 so far.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    I was probably a bit over-anticipating this one, but still good fun. The swamp walkers were pretty rad - the ones with mushrooms growing out of their heads and such - grim!

The preview for next week's episode got me quite tantalised.

Looks like we'll be getting more of the Simon/Negan stuff - seems Simon is quietly hoping Rick will take out Negan so that he can slide on in unopposed, the crafty bugger.

Administrator

England
    Yeh... Bit of a filler episode, but still good fun. Love Gabriel's part of the episode, especially the Dr being shot!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan