Thread: George A. Romero's "The Amusement Park"...

Super Moderator

UK

George A. Romero's "The Amusement Park"...

http://www.screenslate.com/features/748

I'd never heard of this before - a 60 minute public information film/narrative, starring Lincoln Maazel (the grand uncle in "Martin"), about the travails of America's senior citizens, set in a weird amusement park.

Apparently there was to be a showing of it, but whoever owns the rights shut it down.

It'd be fascinating to see this, like in a restored form as an extra feature on a Blu-Ray for some Romero movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-may-soon-see/

NY Times best-selling author Daniel Kraus (Trollhunters, The Shape of Water, The Living Dead) announced on Twitter tonight that he was watching the “virtually unseen” Romero movie, which he’s been seeking out for the past 20 years. In a multi-tweet thread, Kraus subsequently called the film “a revelation,” as well as “Romero’s most overtly horrifying film.”

“The people who funded it wouldn’t allow it. And no wonder. It’s hellish. In Romero’s long career of criticizing American institutions, never was he so merciless,” Kraus continued. “Where can you see this savage masterwork? You can’t. But I’m dedicating myself to changing that. Can you help? Yes, probably. Give me some time to figure out what’s what.”

He added, “This is truly one of those magical (cursed?) objects that I cannot believe has fallen through the cinematic cracks. We’ll drag it back.”
    Last edited by EvilNed; 11-Nov-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: fdsdsffds