Thread: Childish Gambino - This is America

Administrator

England

Childish Gambino - This is America

Talk about a good song made epic by its video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yes!! I love it so much!! Truly a masterpiece. I can't remember the last time I saw a live action music video that made me feel so much emotion and had so much meaning to it. Definitely the jam for Independence Day!

United States
    This is a pretty amazing video, and strong social commentary on how we ignore reality for superficial things, of course...within hours the video had been memed.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Administrator

England
    LOL! When I watched that video, I spotted someone standing by the main door (on the right) at the end of the video (@ about 3:34) and mentioned it on youtube.

Thus started loads of discussion what the hidden meaning of this individual standing there was. Personally, I think it's just a member of the crew standing in the wrong place
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Good to finally know where the recent barrage of memes related to this have come from. Not my cup of tea, but an interesting watch.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Needs more zombies also, although! Is it possible the man shot at the beginning was a zombie when he appears again near the end?!

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan