Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuttlecraft from Star Trek TOS episode 'Galileo 7"

United States

Shuttlecraft from Star Trek TOS episode 'Galileo 7"

Last edited by Eyebiter; 09-Nov-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

Germany
    There may be technical problems. I can't see the picture. It may be a temporary problem with photobucket.

United States
    Saved a local copy of the pic, unfortunately it's too large to attach.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Super Moderator

Germany
    I can see it now.

It looks in pretty bad shape. Where is it being stored? Who owns it now?

Kazakhstan
    yeah that's an interesting pic. only got time for TOS of trek really.

...it looks like its out in the sticks somewhere. is it nickable? steal it and pimp it out...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    aarrrgggh! what a heinous waste. this thing belongs in the scifi hall of fame/museum in seattle not mouldering away in a field. i cannot believe that anyone who owned something so cool would let it rot like that.

that photo pains me as a life long star trek fan.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    According to this thread the shuttle was in Ohio until 2003. Present location unknown...
    http://www.subspacebbs.com/forums/pr...?t=17712&pp=40

scipio70 if they have any local Star Trek clubs you might ask around, see what people know. Prop like that should be on display in a scifi museum.

capncnut
    What a waste to neglect such an important part of popular sci-fi tv. I'm not a Trekkie in the slightest but even I feel sorry for the Shuttlecraft.

Administrator

England
    Scotty could fix that!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    id put it in a tree like a tree house and smoke pot in it. i have my reasons.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    id put it in a tree like a tree house and smoke pot in it. i have my reasons.
    LOL!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    & if the police caught you, i'm sure they'd let you off on account of how cool it was.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I happened to see this thread in the current activity section, so please forgive the necromancy, but I thought you’d guys like to know(if you didn’t alredy) that the Galileo was fully restored in 2013 and now resides at the Johnson NASA Space Center in Houston, Texas. So it eventually got the museum placement that it deserved!

Restoration and display video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruSm8bqyL-k

I’m a big fan of TOS and The Galileo Seven happens to be one of my favorite episodes, so this is a great development!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That is a good episode. TOS episodes were often very formulaic, but Season 1 did have some deviations. This was one of them, as well as City on the Edge of Forever.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    That is a good episode. TOS episodes were often very formulaic, but Season 1 did have some deviations. This was one of them, as well as City on the Edge of Forever.
    “City...” is indeed a great episode. I also really like “Assignment: Earth” from season two, which is somewhat similar because of the time travel and modern earth aspect. Loved Robert Lansing as Gary Seven. Maybe not enough for the proposed spinoff series, but it’s a great character for the episode.

Although not set on Earth like those, “A Piece of the Action” is also a favorite. The cliches from the 1920’s make for a really fun, light-hearted romp!