Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey hi, selfish thread, sorry

Banned
    Banned User

United States

Hey hi, selfish thread, sorry

Hey! I just thought I'd let everyone know, (apologies if this should be in the Lounge) but I just discovered something pretty big about myself over the last five months or so...

Long story short, this is me here, coming out as trans. I'm... I'm a woman, turns out. Yeah. So, that's a thing. I hope everyone's doing okay. Sorry I'm not around much. Thoughts? Questions? Please comment. I'm an open book. I still consider y'all my friends, and I hope this doesn't change things between us. I've had a lot of good times here over the many years, and I apologize for being annoying at times, as I'm sure I was, but y'know, this place is amazing, where all us weirdos can gather and express our love of horror films and undead flesheating ghouls. Yay. <3

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Great to hear and best of luck to you.
    Hope you get all the support you need from the people around you.

Super Moderator

UK
    As long as you're happy and healthy, that's all that matters - and all the best to you, as well!

May I ask, out of interest (and if you're comfortable saying), how the realisation came about?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Apr-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As long as you're happy and healthy, that's all that matters - and all the best to you, as well!

May I ask, out of interest (and if you're comfortable saying), how the realisation came about?

Thanks for asking! Well it's been a long journey, so there's really no one pinpoint moment that really decided things for me that I'm aware of, however over the past couple of years I've just been making more and more friends who are also trans (or non-binary/LGBT+). So, I've been doing more research about it basically, and eventually just came to terms with it like "Oh hey, yeah, that's me, actually". So I started trying out more feminine articles of clothing to see how it made me feel, and.. I just felt really good! And another thing is I've always felt uncomfortable with my facial hair, but my depression wouldn't always allow me to shave it as much as I'd like. So, but yes, I still need to start actually taking HRT and everything, working on changing my name... And now I've been spending time with other trans people in person finally over the last two months, and that's very reassuring. So, yeah? I feel like ever since I was young I wasn't comfortable with myself or my body really, always awkward and shy, and I especially didn't like going to the pool to be mostly nude in public, or changing in gym class in high school. Maybe this is TMI, but, yeah, it's just like all the pieces of my younger years coming together, adding up to this... Oh also I moved to Ohio recently, so that's another kind of big deal? Finally not living with my parents, yahoo! Sorry for the ramble.

TL;DR Just a lot of personal reflection and research, partly initiated by just befriending others like myself online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Great to hear and best of luck to you.
    Hope you get all the support you need from the people around you.
    Thanks Ned!

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I'm glad that you've been discovering yourself more and more in these recent times and becoming more comfortable in your own skin, as it were. Nice of you to swing by HPOTD and let us know, and it's always good to see familiar posters come back to pop their head in.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well I'm glad that you've been discovering yourself more and more in these recent times and becoming more comfortable in your own skin, as it were. Nice of you to swing by HPOTD and let us know, and it's always good to see familiar posters come back to pop their head in.

Yay, Minion!! Yep, I've missed y'all. Sorry I don't have much to add to the zombie discussion lately.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Hey! I just thought I'd let everyone know, (apologies if this should be in the Lounge) but I just discovered something pretty big about myself over the last five months or so...

Long story short, this is me here, coming out as trans. I'm... I'm a woman, turns out. Yeah. So, that's a thing. I hope everyone's doing okay. Sorry I'm not around much. Thoughts? Questions? Please comment. I'm an open book. I still consider y'all my friends, and I hope this doesn't change things between us. I've had a lot of good times here over the many years, and I apologize for being annoying at times, as I'm sure I was, but y'know, this place is amazing, where all us weirdos can gather and express our love of horror films and undead flesheating ghouls. Yay. <3
    I think I know the kind of folks that frequent this forum to know you're only going to get good will and support here

We may be weird, but we're level headed and sensible (generally)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think I know the kind of folks that frequent this forum to know you're only going to get good will and support here

We may be weird, but we're level headed and sensible (generally)
    Thanks Neil. And yeah, I thought that was the case.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glad to know you’re leading your own, true, happy life!

As long as you don’t change your unique, entertaining, yet awkward way of posting here on the forums, you’ll hear no negativity from me!

Best of luck and very happy for ya!

England
    Hey congrats.
    I hope the internal struggle hasn't been too taxing on you friend.
    I stopped giving people labels years ago. Gay, bi, trans, whatever. Doesn't matter as long as people love you for who you are that's all that really matters in this short stay we have here.
    Enjoy the rest of your journey.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Thanks Neil. And yeah, I thought that was the case.
    AND... you're the third person I know to come out as trans in the past few years. Good luck with everything, blind2d, and I'll see you around the forum I'm sure.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Glad to know you’re leading your own, true, happy life!

As long as you don’t change your unique, entertaining, yet awkward way of posting here on the forums, you’ll hear no negativity from me!

Best of luck and very happy for ya!
    Aww!! Thanks Bass, that means a lot. I've always looked up to you on this forum, so, yeah, but that goes for everyone else, too, but like, yeah. Anyway thanks again! <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Hey congrats.
    I hope the internal struggle hasn't been too taxing on you friend.
    I stopped giving people labels years ago. Gay, bi, trans, whatever. Doesn't matter as long as people love you for who you are that's all that really matters in this short stay we have here.
    Enjoy the rest of your journey.
    Thanks Kid!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    AND... you're the third person I know to come out as trans in the past few years. Good luck with everything, blind2d, and I'll see you around the forum I'm sure.
    Cool! And yep, I'll try to pop by here more often.

United States
    I have a few Trans friends, to me, awesome people are just awesome people.

Also, I love how you quoted Foree in your sig. Favorite GAR character of all time.

Hope all is well.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 26-Jun-2018 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Never know.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I have a few Trans friends, to me, awesome people are just awesome people.

Also, I love how you quoted Foree in your sig. Favorite GAR character of all time.

Hope all is well.
    Yep! Things are going pretty okay right now, and thanks for asking! Thanks, and yeah, Peter from Dawn is definitely one of my favorites too.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Hey! I haven't been on these forums for years. Stuck my head back in today out of curiosity, and saw this.

As someone I remember well from back in the day, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! I know these big moments of self-discovery are not always easy, short term, but it always works out better to be true to yourself in the long run. Mucho respect. I hope everything is going great and you're getting all the backup and support you need. Take care!