Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 4 discussion...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The strange sudden ineptitude of some characters is also reaching hard to "digest" (pun fully intended) levels. Did Strand really need to risk getting bit just to get that bottle of booze inside the pick-up truck? Please! All he had to do is borrow Dorie's revolver and shoot the trapped zombie in the head. Presto. Getting rid of a zombie in your way is not that difficult when you actually have a gun and ammo readily available.
    I think John's plan involved using the zombie as a distraction tool, but yes, Strand trying to get the bottle was a dumb ass move. However, he seems borderline suicidal or is just wallowing in a desperately drunken state and hopelessness. As he was saying in the ep, he has nothing to look forward to and has lost everything. He doesn't have the optimism and doggedly can-do attitude of John.

United States
    We have to understand the shit these people have gone through and continue to go through. Completely different mindsets compared to us watching from a couch comfortably.

Was it stupid? Yes. Did it make sense for Strand’s current character? Absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think John's plan involved using the zombie as a distraction tool, but yes, Strand trying to get the bottle was a dumb ass move. However, he seems borderline suicidal or is just wallowing in a desperately drunken state and hopelessness. As he was saying in the ep, he has nothing to look forward to and has lost everything. He doesn't have the optimism and doggedly can-do attitude of John.
    Yep. Stand is very annoyed with John haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    I don't remember anything about that trapped zombie being part of the plan. It seems like Dorie only wanted Strand to get the camper from the pick-up truck.

Strand is not suicidal by any means. That's why he refuses to attempt to cross the river in the first place. He wants to be safe and not put his life in danger. So it doesn't make much sense for him to engage in such clumsy actions that could have spelled his death sentence. All he had to do is borrow the revolver and shoot the zombie.

Super Moderator

UK
    Strand's aspirations reach no further than drinking for a few more days while they still have rations. He has no yearning to head back into the ZA and he certainly has no goal, unlike John. A suicidal person doesn't necessarily have to be going hammer and tongs for death, and indeed in a ZA scenario a person might just be very careless - as in, have no real concern for their own well-being. Yes, it's a dumb thing to do, trying to grab that bottle, but it's within the rationale of his current state of mind. There's no fight left in Strand at this point.

Gotta say, Dillahunt is the best thing in this show by a country mile. I dig how he plays Dorie, all the little movements or understatements or whatever - like when talking Strand into getting the shell off the back of the stranded truck.

Rising

United States
    Strand's aspirations reach no further than drinking for a few more days while they still have rations. He has no yearning to head back into the ZA and he certainly has no goal, unlike John. A suicidal person doesn't necessarily have to be going hammer and tongs for death, and indeed in a ZA scenario a person might just be very careless - as in, have no real concern for their own well-being. Yes, it's a dumb thing to do, trying to grab that bottle, but it's within the rationale of his current state of mind. There's no fight left in Strand at this point.
    Not buying this "explanation". A suicidal person isn't going to prefer a slow agonizing death, and one where you will end up becoming a zombie as well to boot, over a quicker death that will likely not end up turning you into a zombie. If he was, he wouldn't care about the alligator at all either and would have had no trouble whatsoever playing "you can't catch me" with it. No. Strand is not in any "suicidal mood". Just being his usual selfish "me first!" way. He clearly wants to survive for as long as possible and not risk his neck. Therefore, his dumb actions regarding the zombie and the bottle of booze don't make much sense. He could easily have dispatched that zombie with Dorie's revolver, and then there would have been nothing in the way to get the "prize" he was after.

Super Moderator

UK
    4x14 "MM 54"

Directed by: Lou Diamond Phillips
    Written by: Anna Fishko & Shintaro Shimosawa

The previous episode's live viewing figures saw a bit of a bump back up to 1.71m.

England
    4x13 was a vast improvement - probably the best of the 2nd half. That James Bond wheelchair was a bit naff though... but then having a wheelchair-bound 3-4-5 years in is stretching it a bit.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    4x13 was a vast improvement - probably the best of the 2nd half. That James Bond wheelchair was a bit naff though... but then having a wheelchair-bound 3-4-5 years in is stretching it a bit.
    I didn't mind the wheelchair, it would make sense to adapt it like that - but - I don't want too much of that. It's something that has to be used very sparingly and the limitations need to be recognised, and the reasons how/why they've made it that far into the ZA need to be explained. For example, Eugene wouldn't have made it on his own, but we saw exactly why he made it. Now, the wheelchair dude has obvsiously had a lot of help and protection from trucker lady, but in the ZA world at this point it'd be rare to find anyone who hadn't properly earned their breathing privileges. In the right circumstances Eugene earns his bread and butter, for instance.

United States
    Wendal is becoming one of my favorites for sure. Sarah is cool too.

Mad the beer guy Jim is toast. We need more characters like him haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Wendell's walker-killing wheelchair is toast, too - so we've had a taste of that, but this also means it won't be getting overused like some silly gimmick. Just a taste of that is all you need.

Yeah, I like the Wendell/Sara combo. Bring them and John and Morgan on back to TWD, ta muchly.

Rising

United States
    Wendell & Sarah deserve to die as much as the beer dude. They left Morgan stranded, hands tied behind his back, with no weapon, nothing, right in the middle of a deadly situation without a care in the world. Bizarrely enough, Morgan just casually "forgets" or forgives what these 3 a-holes did to him.

On top of that, Wendell stupidly did not kill the mad killer woman (Martha) who destroyed their rig and almost killed them. The perplexing dumb & paradoxical behavior of some characters just doesn't stop. In reality, that shotgun blast would have been aimed straight at her chest or head, no hesitations, right after seeing what that wacko has already done and is capable of doing.

Super Moderator

UK
    I was frustrated by not shooting the bad lady - she was right there - and more stupidly after a great diversion (the truck exploding) she's just stood there in an open door having a good old gawp, rather than slamming the door shut. That part really irked me.

We've been over the whole Morgan/truckers thing earlier in the thread, so we don't need to do it all over again.

United States
    Dude thinks the twins deserve to die but Morgan is fine haha. Yeah, I guess Morgan made good after slaughtering so many during his “clear” phase.

Yep, MZ. Better to move on.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Dude thinks the twins deserve to die but Morgan is fine haha. Yeah, I guess Morgan made good after slaughtering so many during his “clear” phase.

Yep, MZ. Better to move on.
    Morgan has obvious mental issues, these other guys don't. Morgan didn't even recognize Rick during his "clear" phase!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Morgan has obvious mental issues, these other guys don't. Morgan didn't even recognize Rick during his "clear" phase!
    So he gets a pass?!