Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 4 discussion...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    This is gonna be better than season 8.

Telling you, MZ, Fear has been steadily getting better and better and now it’s a completely new show. I’ll know for sure after the next episode.
    Steady on, lad.

Fear got "steadily better"? I don't agree with you on that, it just went downhill for me, which was a bummer. I never felt all that fussed about the antagonists, the regular characters that I did like started to do stupid or annoying things - even Madison was on shaky ground for a spell there - and it was so chock full o'filler too often. It always felt drawn out.

There were certain characters or episodes or parts that I quite enjoyed, but I was ready to pack it all in by the end of Season 3 - only the drastic changes have brought me back out of curiosity and I've been rewarded with a groovy 4x01. We'll see how it goes from this point forth...

United States
    Let me explain better. Seasons 1-2 weren’t really doing it for me. Season 3 though? That’s where the show started to pick up. Fear to me at this point isn’t any worse than the main show. Where the main show is killing me with it’s formuilac format like having Rick constantly away from the group to the same narrative being told over and over, Fear at least takes chances with its storytelling.

Both shows do share similar faults of course like the need to constantly separating everyone; a flaw I really hope both shows fix. S8 did a good job of staying away from complete bottle episodes and that’s why it was superior to S7.

In the end all I’m saying is that Fear isn’t the bad show it once was. It actually does feel different than the flagship program.

Loving the new characters so far.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Fear at least takes chances with its storytelling.
    Now that they've got a new showrunner, have done a massive time jump, and have inserted a whole bunch of new faces (plus Morgan).

And did you forget the major death mid-way through Season 8 of TWD? That was a major shake-up shocker.

I don't get this 'same thing over and over' criticism of TWD either, especially in relation to All Out War, as AOW has been different from any previous conflict with a climax that, again, is unlike any previous clash with antagonists and "what comes after" is, likewise, different from any previous conflict.

The problem with FearTWD in the 2nd and 3rd seasons was it abandoned it's reason for being (to show the initial outbreak) and then went about retreading ground that TWD had already done (e.g. crazy Chris, various moral quandries).

Now, though, 4x01 feels like a new show - for the better - but I just hope they can maintain that from this point forth.

VIEWING FIGURES - the live airing figures showed a good bump for FearTWD. Season 3 had closed with 2.23m (after a series low of 1.99m for 3x11), but Season 4 kicked off with 4.09m ... there'll be the 'lookie lou' factor to take into account, so we'll see what next week brings, but of course these - much like with TWD - are just the live figures.

United States
    The same thing over and over I was referring to is plot elements like “Are we too far gone?” “Should we kill or not kill?” “Can we come back from this?” and how many times has Rick gone from good guy, to murder jacket Rick, back to morally good Rick.

MZ, you got me mistaken haha you know how much I defended the show. But the four points I made above are issues to me that are always present somehow. On way or another.

As far as taking chances- I should have said they don’t shy away from gore and violence as much and yes they even added the two F bombs we were promised.

Okay that above point was kinda tongue in cheek.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    The same thing over and over I was referring to is plot elements like “Are we too far gone?” “Should we kill or not kill?” “Can we come back from this?” and how many times has Rick gone from good guy, to murder jacket Rick, back to morally good Rick.

As far as taking chances- I should have said they don’t shy away from gore and violence as much and yes they even added the two F bombs we were promised.
    1) Yeah, we've had Rick swaying a bit, but you could also argue it's a seesawing world and scenarios he's dealing with change. However, all those things were repeated on FearTWD as well, to far lesser effect, both in terms of their execution as well as the fact that TWD had already covered them.

2) Really? Where were the f-bombs?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    1) Yeah, we've had Rick swaying a bit, but you could also argue it's a seesawing world and scenarios he's dealing with change. However, all those things were repeated on FearTWD as well, to far lesser effect, both in terms of their execution as well as the fact that TWD had already covered them.

2) Really? Where were the f-bombs?
    For Fear? Nick dropped one as did Madison.

I agree, though, Fear did rehash some of the same themes TWD has done. Either way, I'm pretty hyped for this new season of Fear. I think it doesn't get a fair shake as of late but that's just my opinion. Both shows has flaws but I still enjoy them both tremendously.

Super Moderator

UK
    For Fear? Nick dropped one as did Madison.
    Oh, in FearTWD? Ah, I thought you were talking about the supposed f-bombs they were gonna drop on TWD at some point in Season 8 (but then never happened despite the tee-hee-hee tease they made of the whole thing, along with the *gasp* naked walker! )

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh, in FearTWD? Ah, I thought you were talking about the supposed f-bombs they were gonna drop on TWD at some point in Season 8 (but then never happened despite the tee-hee-hee tease they made of the whole thing, along with the *gasp* naked walker! )
    Haha yeah, dude, false advertisement!

Super Moderator

UK
    4x02 "Another Day in the Diamond"

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Andrew Chambliss & Ian B. Goldberg

Can episode two live up to the fresh new feeling of 4x01? Let's find out...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 2 Days Ago at 10:46 AM.

United States
    I liked it, but, reserving judgement until we see what the heck happened with the Vultures outside their camp. Ffs we literally just went through this. Hopefully there is a twist. There has to be! I also hope Madison isn’t dead.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 7 Hours Ago at 04:21 AM. Reason: Naomi is Alpha. Haha sike!