Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 4 discussion...

England
    4x15 - have to agree with y'all - there's no way Jimbo would be anything other than mincemeat after that fall...

Also - having the firetruck conveniently outside & the generator with just enough fuel to operate the lifts was a bit of a stretch.

Started watching the series from the beginning to see if it improved any with second viewing... Noticed that in 4x01 Morgan gets shot in the leg before proceeding to leap about on the roof of the static caravan's in the hand-to-hand fight scene. So OK, probably just a glancing flesh wound... but afterwards (and in subsequent episodes) he's hobbling around unable to put weight on that leg.

In the first episode, there's also a scene where Morgan and John Dorrie have to scramble to the ground to avoid the random machine gun fire from the SWAT truck. Doesn't it seem odd that neither of them get hit, yet all the zombies somehow manage to get caught by enough bullets to presumably ensure they all took a round to the head?

With all the inconsistencies and coincidental stretches it's no wonder the ratings of this and TWD have gone down.

Super Moderator

UK
    4x16 "I Lose Myself..."

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Andrew Chambliss & Ian Goldberg

Another little rise in live viewing figures came with episode 4x15 - 2.03m, which is the first time the ratings have been above 2 million for this half of the season.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, that was ... ...

I still think that crazy lady character was a fairly naff villain. I never felt any shred of sympathy for her, and her whole motivation didn't make any real sense. Seeing beer guy walking around at all as a zombie was stupid (and frustrating) after a fall from that height.

The convenient tanker of ethanol sitting around outside was a big WTF moment, with the silly 'oops I shot a bunch of holes in the thing we really needed' moment (if it was 'full' of ethanol there'd be plenty in there to collect from the holes (but no, just lie there gawping while the remainder drains away FFS!!!) ... the Augie's Ales truck was similarly convenient.

This whole back half of the season has screamed with filler and too many damn episodes, which is hampering the show severely and damaging the good parts! It's very frustrating to see that happening, although with FearTWD it's not exactly surprising, but the promise of 4x01 is a distant memory now.

Let's go to Alexandria ... ... actually, sod that, let's hang around here dispensing help boxes. Eh?!

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, that was ... ...

I still think that crazy lady character was a fairly naff villain. I never felt any shred of sympathy for her, and her whole motivation didn't make any real sense. Seeing beer guy walking around at all as a zombie was stupid (and frustrating) after a fall from that height.

The convenient tanker of ethanol sitting around outside was a big WTF moment, with the silly 'oops I shot a bunch of holes in the thing we really needed' moment (if it was 'full' of ethanol there'd be plenty in there to collect from the holes (but no, just lie there gawping while the remainder drains away FFS!!!) ... the Augie's Ales truck was similarly convenient.

This whole back half of the season has screamed with filler and too many damn episodes, which is hampering the show severely and damaging the good parts! It's very frustrating to see that happening, although with FearTWD it's not exactly surprising, but the promise of 4x01 is a distant memory now.

Let's go to Alexandria ... ... actually, sod that, let's hang around here dispensing help boxes. Eh?!
    Strand had a plastic gallon in his hands ready to be filled with alcohol from the truck. It really made no sense at all that he didn't just walk to one of the bullet-holes where the alcohol was spilling out and just fill up the container.
    Last edited by JDP; 02-Oct-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    I liked Season 4.
    I did not like the previous 3 seasons at all, barely watched them.
    But I think they killed off all the characters I didn't like.
    Some parts of the Season4 final were...silly but it was fun.
    And since I wasn't an avid fan I really wasn't 100% sure they weren't going to kill off all the characters, which would have been an awesome ending!, so it was suspenseful for me.
    Beer probably wouldn't have been too effective but I liked how they tied it all up at the end.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Beer probably wouldn't have been too effective but I liked how they tied it all up at the end.
    Mmmm ... I did like the moment with Charlie guzzling down beers with John and June nervously looking on, and "one time thing" and all that, haha.

I also liked when they bust out from the truck stop doors and everyone got their moment to kill some zombies. It was well choreographed. But then the silly machine gun moment.

United States
    FTWD has better cinematography than TWD. Just look at that opening shot for example. Much better music too. All the remaining cast for the most part works too. Especially Strand and John. Alicia has grown on me.

Everything else though, really let me down.

Really can’t disagree with any of the above criticisms. No Alexandria? Really dissapointed.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Better cinematography? Hmmm ... as-good-as, sure ... it has a different style and they do try out a few things, or choose some interesting angles/details for certain things, so TWD could spruce itself up with a few more fancy shots on occasion, but it's good that FearTWD has a slightly different 'look' about it. I like that we've regained some colour again, it's still quite desaturated, but I liked that the 'now/then' colour designs have kind of merged.

Music wise I still give the win to the main show.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Oct-2018 at 04:36 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Better cinematography? Hmmm ... as-good-as, sure ... it has a different style and they do try out a few things, or choose some interesting angles/details for certain things, so TWD could spruce itself up with a few more fancy shots on occasion, but it's good that FearTWD has a slightly different 'look' about it. I like that we've regained some colour again, it's still quite desaturated, but I liked that the 'now/then' colour designs have kind of merged.

Music wise I still give the win to the main show.
    Really go back and research the music. FTWD has more of a horror edge to it. Even the opening western jingle works. TWD music has really declined for me with the last best theme being the ending sequence during “Hearts Stll Beating”. Lately it really devolved to some pretty cheesy soap opera’ish scores; especially during “dramatic” scenes.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."