Thread: Star Wars (TV Series) - Jon Favreau

Administrator

England

Star Wars (TV Series) - Jon Favreau

https://screenrant.com/jon-favreau-s...ries-timeline/

Jon Favreau finally reveals the first details regarding his Star Wars TV series, notably when it takes place in the saga’s timeline.

The placement of Favreau’s series after the Battle of Endor but still decades before The Force Awakens is a big deal. It is the latest example of Lucasfilm finally opening up that major gap in the timeline for additional stories to be told. Resistance is going to tell stories leading right up to The Force Awakens by the time everything is likely said and done. Whatever Favreau’s show is, it will further bridge that gap between the movies.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Not interested.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Not interested.
    LOL! Watch the first few episodes I shall. Chance give it I will!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Interested because of Favreau. He’s so money and he doesn’t even know it.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    So hype!! *ahem* As the kids say these days.

Super Moderator

UK
    As long as it has some quality about it and doesn't feel like some chintzy network show with a million episodes per season, I'll be interested in giving it a spin.

Ireland
    Not sure I'm happy about the period it's being set in. The Empire were cool, looked the business and were convincing enough. The First Order are Empire 2.0, because Disney couldn't think of anything else and they're pretty shite. So, I'm guessing the antagonists in this show will be the fledgling First Order, which is going to cause problems with 'The Force Awakens'. Because in that film, the First Order has been squirreling away on the Death Star 2.0 (AKA Starkiller Base ) and somehow building up a massive fleet in the outer rim regions and, somewhat remarkably, nobody really knew about them. Hence they were able to deliver a knock out blow to the New Republic, in spite of Leia's rebellion 2.0 (AKA the "Resistance" ).

I could be wrong and it may deal with the remnants of the Empire, with Thrawn and all that. But Star Wars has been in a bit of a state for some time, I won't be surprised if I'm correct. I really don't think Disney have a clue what they're doing.

This TV show has the potential to be good, great even. But, they need to abandon the kiddie crap like 'Rebels' and "adult" it up a bit, like 'Rogue One', easily the best Star Wars thing, since 1983.

As for episodes, yeh, keep it to 10/12. Write your story, film it. No "bottle episode" shite. 10 episodes is a good, managable number of chapters to get your story across. Don't need any filler. When you start getting into teh 16 episodes area, you can get problems. Running out of steam, actors leaving for other projects, etc.

TBH, out of the Star Wars saturation that we're currently in, this is the thing I'm most looking forward to, even if cautiously. But, really the magic is mostly gone. So far, with Diswars, 'The Force Awakens' disapointed in a big way, then 'Rogue One' awoke my Star Wars mojo in a big way, then 'The Last Jedi' put it back to sleep again and 'Solo' is a film about Han Solo, without Han Solo, so meh.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....