Thread: Queen biopic (film)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Queen biopic (film)

Even after all the behind the scenes drama, shakeups, and director replacement, this looks like it has good potential. Malick looks remarkably well as Mercury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81l1dOVCd0
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-May-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Super Moderator

UK
    Why do they need to put a 3-2-1 teaser trailer at the beginning of the ruddy trailer???!!!

Anyway, I'm not much of a Queen fan, although you can't help but dig some of their big hits, can you? Looks like Malek has fit into the part quite well (he's certainly an arresting actor), it must be quite a task to embody a historical figure, but what I've seen thus far is good. I'll deffo give this a watch.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-May-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Why do they need to put a 3-2-1 teaser trailer at the beginning of the ruddy trailer???!!!
    Seriously! It’s happening more and more lately. Maybe it’s an attempt to quickly grab the viewer’s attention before they fast forward through the trailer on home video. But the way it’s presented here, as well as the recent The Predator trailer, is just ridiculous!

Administrator

England
    Still so so so so sad Freddie isn't still with us today! He'd still have a great voice even now I bet!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm sure you're right, Neil, and I'm really looking forward to this movie!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Still so so so so sad Freddie isn't still with us today! He'd still have a great voice even now I bet!
    I hope they really dive into the creative and artistic aspects of the band and not just focus on Mercury’s lifestyle and subsequent passing. I’ll have to do some searching, but I seem to recall reading that some of the surviving members walked away from the project after being dissatisfied with a script that seemingly focused only on Mercury, rather than the band as a whole.