Thread: Zombieland 2

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Zombieland 2

It’s strange to hear that it’s been nearly a decade since the group went on their zombie-infested, cross-country search for Twinkies, but now it looks like they’re going to have another trip:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/zomb...al-cast-136-02

We’re going on the tenth anniversary of Zombieland," Wernick told Vulture while speaking with the entertainment outlet. "Zombieland came out October of 2009. We don’t know what you get someone for their tenth anniversary, but it may be a Zombieland 2." Hmm, this idea is starting to sound a bit suspect, is it not? After all, the words "may be" do not instill as much confidence as the words "will be," amiright? “The hope is that we’re shooting that thing early 2019 for an October of ’19 release,” Wernick continued, then followed up his statement with a tantalizing notion that is sure to get fans of the original's blood pumping: “With the original cast, by the way.”

While none of the above statements signal a concrete "yes" or "no" about the project, it comforts me to know that Wernick also said “We are sitting on information that we can’t entirely share at this moment, but we can just say we think fans of Zombieland who have been hoping for a Zombieland 2, that we will grant their wish very, very soon.”

I don’t recall ever seeing the short-lived spinoff TV series. Were those the same characters played by different actors?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don’t recall ever seeing the short-lived spinoff TV series. Were those the same characters played by different actors?
    Yeah, same characters, different actors - which really hampered it IMHO. It never got beyond a pilot. I recall it being okay, but they should have just gone with different characters in the same universe. Not having those actors playing those roles was a big sticking point.

Despite the 'runners' in Zombieland, I really enjoyed it. I was also very impressed by the way the film could so deftly pivot from genuine drama and emotion back to comedy. I saw it in the cinema and everyone was blown away - big laughs for the gags, shock and surprise at the dramatic moments.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still get a little lump in my throat toward the end when Tallahassee is surround in that hut and that Morricone-like music plays. I believe on the commentary the director says they titled that track “The Ecstasy of Blood”, after the track from Good, Bad, and Ugly.

Super Moderator

UK
    I still get a little lump in my throat toward the end when Tallahassee is surround in that hut and that Morricone-like music plays. I believe on the commentary the director says they titled that track “The Ecstasy of Blood”, after the track from Good, Bad, and Ugly.
    Great piece of music, that!

I remember seeing it for the first time in the cinema and I genuinely thought they were gonna kill Tallahassee and, liking the character so much, that had me right on-edge! Dripping with 'last stand' drama, that scene.

Must watch Zombieland again some time, it's been quite a while since I last saw it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just a rumor at this point, but there’s a report that principal photography has already been completed and test screenings are about to take place??

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...-in-secret-309

They also say the current title for the film is Zombieland: Double Tap.

Super Moderator

UK
    Nice! Dig the title, too.

It was fun watching the original again the other day. It was nice seeing that now quite familiar stretch of motorway with the sunken grass divider again - as seen on a few occasions in TWD (e.g. Season 2, Season 7).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Nice! Dig the title, too.

It was fun watching the original again the other day. It was nice seeing that now quite familiar stretch of motorway with the sunken grass divider again - as seen on a few occasions in TWD (e.g. Season 2, Season 7).
    Whaaaaaaat?
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Whaaaaaaat?
    TWD and Zombieland were both filmed in Georgia and used similar stretches of highway in the same city, if not the very same stretch. Highway 20 in Hampton, near Atlanta Motor Speedway.
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Jun-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Typo

United States
    Interesting. That is pretty cool.

United States
    TWD and Zombieland were both filmed in Georgia and used similar stretches of highway in the same city, if not the very same stretch. Highway 20 in Hampton, near Atlanta Motor Speedway.
    Cool! Never put the two together. Now I have to go back and check it out again.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Many moons ago I’d posted pictures from various Zombieland and TWD season 1/2 locations, but I can’t recall if that highway was one of them. I doubt I’d even be able to find them at this point, actually....