Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think this is going to be the kiss of death for TWD

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Because an actor’s departure has leaked, you expect them to go ahead and explain exactly how it will happen?

That’s not going to happen, but if you must know before the episode airs, a quick google search will point you toward the direction of spoiler sites with set leaks. Like every death before, Rick’s will leak onto the net, but it won’t be given away by AMC or the crew.
    If Lincoln confirms it himself (has he? I would think that it would be a breach of non-disclosure agreements between him and the producers if he does) that he is no longer in the show, then how will they handle it? Not saying anything about it, as if nothing had been leaked, won't make much of a difference now, the spoiler is already in place (either Rick is dead or written out of the show), and is not just a "rumor" but something confirmed by the actor himself.
    Last edited by JDP; 02-Jun-2018 at 05:50 AM. Reason: ;

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Not confirmed. And as alluded to below I doubt it is something AMC can or will do at this point. Maybe at SDCC they will try and exploit 'Rick Grimes last season'. One thing is for sure Andrew Lincoln will get bombarded at cons/panels. I read that last years con in San Diego, the cast was very somber and appeared troubled. We now know that was probably due to Carl's death.
    That could be part of it, but IIRC the sombre tone at that time was generally attributed to the very recent on-set death of a stuntman.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    If Lincoln confirms it himself (has he? I would think that it would be a breach of non-disclosure agreements between him and the producers if he does) that he is no longer in the show, then how will they handle it? Not saying anything about it, as if nothing had been leaked, won't make much of a difference now, the spoiler is already in place (either Rick is dead or written out of the show), and is not just a "rumor" but something confirmed by the actor himself.
    They’ll likely just ignore it, while at the same time allowing the leak and news of Lincoln’s departure to bring in higher viewer numbers.

As a former administrator for a large TWD forum, I can assure you that EVERY death in the show has leaked out before the episodes air. AMC will generally just quietly send out cease and desist letters for their removal, but will avoid any sort of official statement. They can’t quiet the news of Lincoln’s departure at this point, but they’ll keep the plot details under wraps as best as possible until his final episode airs.
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Jun-2018 at 04:15 PM. Reason: .

Rising

United States
    They’ll likely just ignore it, while at the same time allowing the leak and news of Lincoln’s departure to bring in higher viewer numbers.

As a former administrator for a large TWD forum, I can assure you that EVERY death in the show has leaked out before the episodes air. AMC will generally just quietly send out cease and desist letters for their removal, but will avoid any sort of official statement. They can’t quiet the news of Lincoln’s departure at this point, but they’ll keep the plot details under wraps as best as possible until his final episode airs.
    But those previous "leaks" were not confirmed by the actors themselves, as far as I can recall. That's what I am wondering in this case. Did Lincoln confirm that he is in fact out of the show? If he did, then this isn't merely a "rumor", a major spoiler has indeed been leaked by someone directly involved in making the show.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Lincoln or AMC hasn’t commented on it yet. As I said, they likely won’t comment on it and let the rumor mill do some free advertising for them.

IF they decide to confirm that Lincoln’s days are numbered, they’ll most likely do so next month at comic con. IF they address it...
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Jun-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Both Norman Reedus and Michael E. Satrazemis posted about Lincoln departing, very cryptic mind you, but it's there.

Other cast members past and present commented as well.

Either that's all the confirmation we need or this is all just one big troll job for increased interest for season 9.

Lincoln doesn't have social media by the way.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Either that's all the confirmation we need or this is all just one big troll job for increased interest for season 9.
    Ha....it’d be hilarious if AMC intentionally leaked this and then the season comes and goes with Rick still standing as usual.....

United States
    I sure wouldn't find it funny at all. It'd just be yet another shitty little trick that AMC pulls.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I sure wouldn't find it funny at all. It'd just be yet another shitty little trick that AMC pulls.
    AMC is the worst. I wouldn't put it past them.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Ha....it’d be hilarious if AMC intentionally leaked this and then the season comes and goes with Rick still standing as usual.....
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I'd be super pissed off, but ultimately I'd be happy because Rick would still be on the show and that'd be the right thing to do.

But chances are they're hellbent on doing the wrong thing.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd be super pissed off, but ultimately I'd be happy because Rick would still be on the show and that'd be the right thing to do.

But chances are they're hellbent on doing the wrong thing.
    That would be the happiest prank for me. I'd get over my anger quickly either Rick Grimes continuing.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    That would be the happiest prank for me. I'd get over my anger quickly either Rick Grimes continuing.
    But I'd still be pissed off if Maggie was still getting shafted off the show, especially as there's a whole swathe of story left to tell with her character - including a really awesome arc between her and Gregory ... indeed, if Maggie gets bumped off, what about her being the new leader of Hilltop and that whole journey? Just thrown in the bin, I guess, because AMC didn't want to pony up a little bit of dosh to pay one of the show's longest serving performers, so it seems. Fucking pathetic.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But I'd still be pissed off if Maggie was still getting shafted off the show, especially as there's a whole swathe of story left to tell with her character - including a really awesome arc between her and Gregory ... indeed, if Maggie gets bumped off, what about her being the new leader of Hilltop and that whole journey? Just thrown in the bin, I guess, because AMC didn't want to pony up a little bit of dosh to pay one of the show's longest serving performers, so it seems. Fucking pathetic.
    At the end of the day, AMC doesn't give a shit. It's about profit margins and that's all. TWD and it's fans are getting screwed and a waterdowned version of a show that once attained greatness.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It’s a shame that they haven’t given the show the artistic support it deserves, but it’s not very surprising for a business to only be looking at the bottom line. It’s definitely not the first or the last time this sort of thing will happen.

I’m honestly shocked they didn’t run the show more into the ground sooner than they have...

Super Moderator

UK
    It’s a shame that they haven’t given the show the artistic support it deserves, but it’s not very surprising for a business to only be looking at the bottom line. It’s definitely not the first or the last time this sort of thing will happen.

I’m honestly shocked they didn’t run the show more into the ground sooner than they have...
    And it's such a short sighted and ludicrous thing to do. I'd be stunned if the ratings didn't drop further with all this crap going on, especially once Lincoln leaves.

As you say, you've gotta support the product and respect what it is you're creating, because if you don't do that then there's no longevity in it - you'll kill it, and (for the bean counters at AMC) ultimately cost yourself a hefty amount of cash. Idiots.