Thread: There's another strike against AMC. Now they are sending unwanted emials.

United States

There's another strike against AMC. Now they are sending unwanted emials.

Unbelievable.

Now AMC is sending out junk emails promoting their new Dietland show.

amc.jpg

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Are you signed up for their mailing list for other reasons?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Are you signed up for their mailing list for other reasons?
    Somebody signed me up, but it sure as hell wasn't me.

I haven't even visited AMC's site in years, and I never purposely put myself on anybody's junk mail lists.

Rising

United States
    AMC has this ferocious, no apologies, "in your face & down your throat, whether you like it or not" manner of promoting shows that becomes annoying rather fast. Just look at how they keep using the popularity of their two zombie shows as a sort of launching platform for their other shows. How many times are they going to interrupt the normal schedule of their zombie shows to promote their new shows?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    AMC has this ferocious, no apologies, "in your face & down your throat, whether you like it or not" manner of promoting shows that becomes annoying rather fast. Just look at how they keep using the popularity of their two zombie shows as a sort of launching platform for their other shows. How many times are they going to interrupt the normal schedule of their zombie shows to promote their new shows?
    What, like shoehorning their newest shows between TWD and Talking Dead, and then putting next week's TWD previews 25 minutes into the new show?

Pissing off your bread and butter fan base..... Now that's some brilliant marketing right there.

I guess they had to find some new dirty tricks to use, now that TWD's days are obviously numbered.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    What, like shoehorning their newest shows between TWD and Talking Dead, and then putting next week's TWD previews 25 minutes into the new show?

Pissing off your bread and butter fan base..... Now that's some brilliant marketing right there.

I guess they had to find some new dirty tricks to use, now that TWD's days are obviously numbered.
    Yes, exactly that. They have been pulling this kind of shameless tactics since way back when. I remember that Glenn was still alive when AMC was doing this kind of stuff already. Because of this kind of crap I missed Steve Yeun's message to the fans when everyone was speculating whether his character had really died or not. Instead of playing it between commercial breaks where it should have been played, namely during TWD or Talking Dead, it was played between commercial breaks during an episode of Into the Badlands. This had no other purpose but to force fans of TWD to watch the new show. I don't care how good the new show is, you should not do that. It's not fair to the other show's fans, and it is not fair to the new show either, since the fans of the other show will likely end up disliking the new show because of this forceful promoting.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I don't care how good the new show is, you should not do that. It's not fair to the other show's fans, and it is not fair to the new show either, since the fans of the other show will likely end up disliking the new show because of this forceful promoting.
    I agree, and it's part of the reason that I refused to watch the new shows they were trying to force upon me. Well, that and the fact that I just wasn't interested in them the first place. To see the previews for TWD, I actually recorded the new program, and then fast forwarded through it until I got to the previews.