Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077 (video game)

England
    This is amazing. Everything I was expecting and more but you need the hardware.

There are no cut scenes. Its all in game which flows.
    Brilliant

Screenshot from my series x and this is before it's optimized for the hardware .

ebe6bf98-7ad6-4e63-9225-52633322ada1.jpg
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Reports of bugs paint a bad picture...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Reports of bugs paint a bad picture...
    Well, I certainly won't be getting it on current/last gen (i.e. Xbox One). Apparently that and the PS4 are useless at running the game - the game which was originally supposed to come out on those very consoles!

Runs better on the new gen of consoles, naturally (if you could even get your hands on one), but yeah, even with delays they've obviously bitten off a bit much and there's still a ton of bugs to deal with. When I do get around to getting the new Xbox, the game should be nicely patched up and working!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, I certainly won't be getting it on current/last gen (i.e. Xbox One). Apparently that and the PS4 are useless at running the game - the game which was originally supposed to come out on those very consoles!

Runs better on the new gen of consoles, naturally (if you could even get your hands on one), but yeah, even with delays they've obviously bitten off a bit much and there's still a ton of bugs to deal with. When I do get around to getting the new Xbox, the game should be nicely patched up and working!
    Given the bugs, I'm happy to wait until next year when the price drops, and maybe some balancing is done too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhiHfg-_DA
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Well I wasn't able to get hold of a PS5 (or an RTX 3080 for my PC) so bought this on the PS4. On first play it was as buggy as the reports said, I had a few crashes to the main screen and the graphics looked quite muddy with very noticeable texture pop in particularly when driving around. I have to say though it runs better already now it's patched to version 1.05, it'll never look as good as it will on a high end PC but it looks sharper and is far more playable. The streets still seem pretty quiet though, nowhere near as many NPC's wandering around as I've seen in videos of the PC version. There's a good game in there and I'm enjoying it, I'll play it through again with a different life path once I get my mitts on a PS5 in the new year.

It's not as convincing as a Rockstar game though, in RDR2 all of the random people you meet are going about their business in a natural way, and you can interact with them in different ways with all of them having multiple lines of dialogue that depend on your actions around them. In Cyberpunk they have one line that they repeat over and over, and the only reaction seems to be when the shooting starts and they crouch with their hands over their heads and stay like that long after the shootout has stopped. RDR2 raised the bar on immersion and games like this need to at least match it now in my opinion.

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh boy, yeah, RDR2 really did raise the bar, as you say. It was just astonishing playing that game - even just to walk about and see what randomly happened. There were so many little details and ways you could interact with the world that it really was the most immersive experience I've had playing a game. Rockstar's games have just got more and more and more immersive with each title.

Small things, big things, and stuff in between. I quite liked how certain places changed over the course of the game - like the house that gets built, or the wood mill, which sees a large area get totally hacked down - you come along late in the game and the place is desolate, having been a hive of activity earlier on. I loved all that stuff as it made the world feel like it had a life of its own and you were really wandering through it stumbling across events.

NPCs just saying the same shit over and over again does wind me up as it totally takes you out of the game. Devs need to be way beyond that now. I know these games are huge and expensive and a massive undertaking, but if you're gonna jump into the open world pool, you're gonna have to strap on your big boy pants and do a shitload of coding and writing.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Given the bugs, I'm happy to wait until next year when the price drops, and maybe some balancing is done too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhiHfg-_DA

Oh dear.

Another Emperor's new clothes.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh boy, yeah, RDR2 really did raise the bar, as you say. It was just astonishing playing that game - even just to walk about and see what randomly happened. There were so many little details and ways you could interact with the world that it really was the most immersive experience I've had playing a game. Rockstar's games have just got more and more and more immersive with each title.

Small things, big things, and stuff in between. I quite liked how certain places changed over the course of the game - like the house that gets built, or the wood mill, which sees a large area get totally hacked down - you come along late in the game and the place is desolate, having been a hive of activity earlier on. I loved all that stuff as it made the world feel like it had a life of its own and you were really wandering through it stumbling across events.

NPCs just saying the same shit over and over again does wind me up as it totally takes you out of the game. Devs need to be way beyond that now. I know these games are huge and expensive and a massive undertaking, but if you're gonna jump into the open world pool, you're gonna have to strap on your big boy pants and do a shitload of coding and writing.
    I found it fascinating going back as John to various places that held a lot of significance in the 1899 part of the story, to see them abandoned, boarded up and overgrown in 1907, like the Cornwall oil wells and the Indian reservation. I don't think I can remember any game where that happens and it was a really nice touch, as well as feeling quite sad. And like you say seeing the progress through the main story like new houses going up and the expansion of the railway line etc. Best open world game I've played and will really take some topping in the future.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I found it fascinating going back as John to various places that held a lot of significance in the 1899 part of the story, to see them abandoned, boarded up and overgrown in 1907, like the Cornwall oil wells and the Indian reservation. I don't think I can remember any game where that happens and it was a really nice touch, as well as feeling quite sad. And like you say seeing the progress through the main story like new houses going up and the expansion of the railway line etc. Best open world game I've played and will really take some topping in the future.
    Agreed on all counts.

It was also cool that, in certain places, you could actually stumble across surviving members of the old gang ... ... I didn't so much as stumble, as used a video guide to specifically go and meet them, but hey! It's a nice way to get an update on the survivors. Some are just newspaper articles, but most are actual appearances, and it was really nice.

Visiting the grave was also quite something, too. Just standing there for a quiet moment as the world quietly went on by. Beautifully crafted, that game. Truly beautiful. I got so wrapped up in the character of Arthur Morgan to a degree I wasn't expecting. Bravo, Rockstar. Bravo.

England
    I managed to get my grubby little mitts on the latest MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X 10gb graphics card last week through sheer luck (and having a lot of savings due to not doing ANYTHING over the last year due to covid lockdown) so now I'm getting tempted to buy the PC version of Cyberpunk just to test out all this ray traced DLSS 4k goodness.

As for the card itself the power is insane! I've gone back to a few older (but recent-ish) games like Resident Evil 7 and Dying Light over the weekend and cranked the settings right up, the frame rates and image quality are incredible. The latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare also looks fantastic with ray tracing on. It was an expensive card, although I got it at retail price from my usual PC components supplier, so hopefully it will do me well for a good five years like my GTX 1080 did.
    Last edited by Tricky; 11-Jan-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Administrator

England
    Angry Joe gives it a bit of a bitch slap in his review. Seems thought it might need a "No Mans Sky" type of update to fix the issue and raise the content up to where it shoud be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oN5v0mcTMs
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I've had to shelve this. When you dig deeper you start seeing the problems. It's nowhere near finished. Some of the game mechanics are cut, missing or broken and it was ruining my experience.
    I'll be back for the next gen upgrade later in the year when it's a finished game.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I've had to shelve this. When you dig deeper you start seeing the problems. It's nowhere near finished. Some of the game mechanics are cut, missing or broken and it was ruining my experience.
    I'll be back for the next gen upgrade later in the year when it's a finished game.
    I'm trying very hard to stop myself buying it again on my PC now I've got an RTX3080. I want to see it as it was intended to look and that GPU will certainly make it look pretty in all its ray traced DLSS glory. My thoughts were that I would play it through on the PS4 rough as it is, then start it again with a different life path when I could get my hands on a PS5 for the next gen upgrade, but with scalpers constantly hoovering up all the PS5 stock whenever it comes in I've given up on the idea of getting hold of one this half of the year. So while I'm not paying full price again for Cyberpunk just to play it on a different platform, I'll likely pick it up if they knock a fair bit off it on one of the Steam sales.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This hasn't really been on my radar, but I remember the No Man's Sky debacle. Geez, the hype for that was intense and then it was such a dud. This strikes me as the same thing.

I probably won't be buying another game until Elder Scrolls 6 - but you can bet your ass I will be playing that game for 11 years straight.

England
    No Mans Sky isn't bad now to be honest, I never played it at launch so didn't see the issues with it and I never got caught up in the hype before it came out. It's an odd game but has some cool moments. I don't play it all the time but when the mood catches me I can sink quite a few hours into it.