Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077 (video game)

Administrator

England
    So patch 1.1 is coming out. But by the sounds of it though, patch 1.2 is the one to try and address a lot of issues.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So patch 1.1 is coming out. But by the sounds of it though, patch 1.2 is the one to try and address a lot of issues.
    And I heard that 1.1 will need a hot fix as it introduced a bug to one mission (some dude needs to make a phone call, but he won't do it, therefore the mission won't complete).

Don't know the specifics, I've not even played the game, just saw a bit about it on IGN's Daily Fix randomly this morning.

England
    Well I managed to get myself a PS5 last week so have dipped back into this to see if there's a difference. It certainly runs better on the new console and the visuals are much sharper, they haven't released the next gen update yet so I'm essentially still playing the PS4 version on better hardware but there is a marked improvement in performance, it's still buggy though.

As for the PS5 itself, I'm impressed with it so far. As per my previous posts I've got an RTX3080 in my PC so I'm already used to the mind blowing graphics that can punch out, but it's impressive seeing similar visuals blown up in gorgeous 4K on a 60" TV rather than a smaller monitor, and the haptic feedback in the new controller is a nice touch. The built in Astros Playroom game shows it off well, if you're walking through snow in the game you can feel it crunching through your hands, same as if you're walking across a hard surface there's a sharper tapping of the footsteps through it, and a hard to describe but authentic sensation when in water.

Administrator

England
    And thoughts on Cyberpunk gameplay itself?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Gameplay wise it's good enough but doesn't really do anything groundbreaking, it's the usual FPS style that you can expect from the last decade where you can crouch, crawl and climb up onto stuff. The netrunner hacking is quite cool where you can make enemies cybernetic implants malfunction or short circuit, and you can hack things like surveillance cameras and remote turrets to make it easier to sneak into places undetected. The driving is ok but not as polished as GTA. Enemy AI is a bit rubbish though, most are just bullet sponges who don't really use any tactics, and sometimes they will just stand there and let you shoot them, hopefully this is something they are working on with future updates. Pedestrians are still crap, they just wander around and repeat the same lines if you try and interact with them, the only time they react is when there's gunfire at which point they just go into a squat with their hands over their heads and stay like that until you leave the area, certainly not as advanced as those in GTA 5 or Red Dead 2.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Gameplay wise it's good enough but doesn't really do anything groundbreaking, it's the usual FPS style that you can expect from the last decade where you can crouch, crawl and climb up onto stuff. The netrunner hacking is quite cool where you can make enemies cybernetic implants malfunction or short circuit, and you can hack things like surveillance cameras and remote turrets to make it easier to sneak into places undetected. The driving is ok but not as polished as GTA. Enemy AI is a bit rubbish though, most are just bullet sponges who don't really use any tactics, and sometimes they will just stand there and let you shoot them, hopefully this is something they are working on with future updates. Pedestrians are still crap, they just wander around and repeat the same lines if you try and interact with them, the only time they react is when there's gunfire at which point they just go into a squat with their hands over their heads and stay like that until you leave the area, certainly not as advanced as those in GTA 5 or Red Dead 2.
    I'll wait for RDR2 then (when that drops enough in price)...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I'll wait for RDR2 then (when that drops enough in price)...
    if you're going to play it on PC they had a huge sale on Steam yesterday, not sure if RDR2 was discounted but they had things like Doom Eternal on for a tenner!

Aaland
    Everyone is so hyped about Cyberpunk and I'm sure that the patient is going to pay off. When the developers are making games like these, they aren't playing at all and the result is out of this world. I'm excited to play it, but I don't know if my computer is able to run it haha. So far, I've only played stuff like spider solitaire free and games related to the board genre and I'm scared to test anything that requires more advanced components. Maybe the time has come for an upgrade and this is the perfect occasion. After all, I'm working and I have my own money these days
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Dec-2021 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

England
    So this game totally flopped when it was released, it was buggy as hell, underdeveloped, Night City felt sparse and empty, and it should never have been released on PS4, the console was far too obsolete for it.

However fast forward to now, they've fixed it, and I mean really fixed it. It runs like a dream on PS5, the city feels vibrant and full of life, you want to explore every corner of it. The plot and voice acting are all excellent and the atmosphere absolutely spot on, like you're living in Blade Runner. The Phantom Liberty expansion is also fantastic. If you've been put off by its early life, now is the time to immerse yourself in it

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So this game totally flopped when it was released, it was buggy as hell, underdeveloped, Night City felt sparse and empty, and it should never have been released on PS4, the console was far too obsolete for it.

However fast forward to now, they've fixed it, and I mean really fixed it. It runs like a dream on PS5, the city feels vibrant and full of life, you want to explore every corner of it. The plot and voice acting are all excellent and the atmosphere absolutely spot on, like you're living in Blade Runner. The Phantom Liberty expansion is also fantastic. If you've been put off by its early life, now is the time to immerse yourself in it
    Good to hear. I do remember it's dreadful launch, no doubt pushed by idiot suits just wanting to juice their shares right now, without realising that launching a buggy-as-fuck game is a terrible idea as it can do an awful lot of reputational damage to the entire project and be a major put-off.

Sooooo ... it's nice to know it's as it should have always been. Good that it wasn't just abandoned and was fixed, but it should never have been launched like that. Just idiotic. However, I would like to give it a whirl now some time ... although right now I'm in the midst of Alan Wake II.

Administrator

England
    So it's done of a sort of No Man's Sky then...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    So it's done of a sort of No Man's Sky then...
    Very much so, it's a masterpiece now. There's a scene in the Phantom Liberty expansion that may just be one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a game.