Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077 (video game)

England

Cyberpunk 2077 (video game)

Can't tell you how excited I am for this. The Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I assume this is a single player open world game?

Looks very interesting. I was vaguely aware of the title, but hadn't bothered to find out anything else. Trailer looks pretty cool. I'll be interested to see an actual gameplay demo.

Administrator

England
    This is from the Witcher folks ain't it? Not played that, but it gets good review!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Does look mighty impressive!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Does look mighty impressive!
    And then some. Can't wait. No release date yet

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    And then some. Can't wait. No release date yet
    At least we know this one is coming out on the PC, unlike Red Dead Redemption 2
    -Carl Sagan

England
    As if the game just existing wasn't enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZByksfC4s

- - - Updated - - -

Full trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LembwKDo1Dk

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    It does look impressive!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I recall seeing a bit of gameplay last year, although it didn't exactly set my pants on fire. Hopefully it'll play and look better than that when it does come out, but the cinematic trailers have certainly established a lot of potential ... fingers crossed it can live up to that!

United States
    One of those titles where the CG cinematic sequences seem more impressive than the actual gameplay. Still, with Keanu involved, I'm all in.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Just over a month to go for this to be released on current gen hardware, I'm getting excited for it but also as I'm likely to be buying a PS5 before Christmas I'm wondering whether to hold off and get the digitally enhanced version in the new year. I'm hoping Keanus role in it is fairly small, I don't have an issue with him but as far as games go I'm used to main characters with fictional faces rather than playing a game and thinking "that's Keanu Reeves/Neo/John Wick etc" every time he's on screen, it's becoming a growing trend to have famous actors in games now and I think it makes it a bit harder to get immersed in the characters. I've no doubt the game will be outstanding though, The Witcher 3 was brilliant!

England
    Soon.
    I can't fricking wait to play this.
    All the previews have been emphasising that it's an rpg first and foremost but if you were only exposed to the advertising you would think it was a shooter.
    3 pathways so the replayability is going to be incredible.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Rumours are the biggest budget ever for a game, which considering the GTA budgets is saying something!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rUP17fayA

IGN Review.

I'll most likely wait until I upgrade to the Xbox Series X later down the road before playing it, but it does look tasty (bugs aside - which should all be long since fixed by the time I get around to it).