Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Bernthal (Shane) to return?

United States

I still believe Carl was killed because they already knew Lincoln was leaving. They didn't want to bump Carl to #1 on the call sheet therefore having to increase his pay. Plus, I believe they knew he couldn't carry the show. You see signs of this by having all of Rick and Negan's more intimate scenes from way further down the comic timeline just given to other characters during S8. Gabriel and Anne got all that material. Once Negan opened up to Gabriel I instantly knew something was wrong. I figured it was Negan leaving the show early, not Rick. Not to mention how they had Lincoln dress up as old man Rick with cane and all, to at least get that visual on screen for the fans. With Shane coming back it pretty much confirms Rick is gone too.

Don't want to ruin anything in case some peeps ever want to go back and watch.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Being Attacked

United States
    Darabont was awesome and the first season is all quality content. It's a well mid paced first season that never became that urgent again in seasons after. It was so slow in season 2 and it's gotten slower since then.

Also Jon Bernthal did come back. You see him in flashbacks. They have conversations that are reminiscent to the pilot episode. Shane being as frank (castle) as he always were and you get some closure with Rick's character arc. I'll be honest, I kind of forgot what else happened during his flash back.

United States
    Shit, I wish I could go back to season 2. Freakin’ loved that season.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It is my favorite season. It captured the atmosphere and mood of the ZA. Wish I could explain it better but I will say I FREAKIN loved it too Moon.

Super Moderator

UK
    Season 2 is a good season, although the first half is chock full o'filler (it jumped from the 6 episodes of season one to 13 episodes in season two). The back-half got more of the parts working together and had some juicy moral meat to chew on with an awesome climax.

Ya'll are just nostalgic for when TWD was new, maybe?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Season 2 is a good season, although the first half is chock full o'filler (it jumped from the 6 episodes of season one to 13 episodes in season two). The back-half got more of the parts working together and had some juicy moral meat to chew on with an awesome climax.

Ya'll are just nostalgic for when TWD was new, maybe?
    Nope. I always loved that season. Shane is still my favorite TWD character. His character journey was fascinating; Bernthal owner that role.

Facestabber said it best, it was just that whole doom and gloom vibe.

It’s not perfect- slow build up, minor filler, and clearly a lack in budget. However, that slow build up paid off huge in what is STILL my favorite episode to date- “Pretty Much Dead Already”.

Besides, there also wasn’t any filler episodes!

Loved the intimate feel of such a smaller cast of characters.

I still get hit in the fields as Shane stares out his passenger car window; just staring at himself via that now iconic walker as “Civilian” is playing in the background. It even blended into the credits; something they don’t do anymore. Perfect, baby. Just perfect.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 21-Jun-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Sike Rosita is my favorite lmaoooo

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I really enjoyed season 1 and 2.

However by the time season 3 started I found myself not really liking the characters that were left. The conflict between characters like Dale and Shane was what made it interesting. Felt more grounded in reality than them facing off against a villain with an eye-patch and ninja with katanas.

England
    Just as a random add to this thread I met Jon last year, he gave a talk and Q&A session at an event I went to in Manchester, then I met him afterwards and had a photo taken with him and Dolph Lundgren (both Punishers). Despite the characters he often plays he's a really nice guy. A Welsh girl in a wheelchair next to where we were stood asked him a question then asked him if she could have a "cwtch", he didn't know what it meant until the guy on stage with him explained it means "hug" in Welsh, at which point he immediately jumped down off the stage and came over to give her a massive hug. My girlfriend was looking at him dreamily for the rest of the day after that ha!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Just as a random add to this thread I met Jon last year, he gave a talk and Q&A session at an event I went to in Manchester, then I met him afterwards and had a photo taken with him and Dolph Lundgren (both Punishers). Despite the characters he often plays he's a really nice guy. A Welsh girl in a wheelchair next to where we were stood asked him a question then asked him if she could have a "cwtch", he didn't know what it meant until the guy on stage with him explained it means "hug" in Welsh, at which point he immediately jumped down off the stage and came over to give her a massive hug. My girlfriend was looking at him dreamily for the rest of the day after that ha!
    Haha Jon def is one of the more approachable cast members I seen live. Still disappointed I never got the chance to meet him.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’ve heard lots of stories about Bernthal being a stand-up guy, always good to hear more! More famous people could take lessons from him!

England
    Yeah I got the impression from him that while acting is his job and he's very grateful for the breaks he's been given, as soon as he walks off set at the end of his days work he's just back to being a normal guy. He was very humble about it and couldn't say enough kind words about the British army who he worked with on the set of Fury making sure they got the details right. I can't post the pic as the file is too big to upload on here!