Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mezco Toys Dawn Of The Dead

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It’s a highly memorable character to us, but unfortunately not popular enough for a figure. Yet, anyway. Maybe we’ll get lucky sometime in the future and see some more variety in these figure releases. I’d love to see the main four characters of Dawn, as well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It’s a highly memorable character to us, but unfortunately not popular enough for a figure. Yet, anyway. Maybe we’ll get lucky sometime in the future and see some more variety in these figure releases. I’d love to see the main four characters of Dawn, as well.
    That would be a must buy for me.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i still need to get my hands on the bub and dr. tongue figures one of these days.
    Amok Time is one of my favorite vendors and I had noticed recently that they still have both in stock for thirty bucks:

http://www.amoktime.com/monstarz-day...on-figure.html

United States
    ^

thanks for the heads-up, didn't realize they still had them available rom the manufacturer. i think the prices for them on amazon and ebay are about 5-10 bucks higher apiece.

i almost bought a dr tongue figure at the living dead museum in evans city, but saw there were still lots available online, so i opted for a piece of the penney's escalator from dawn of the dead instead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They have pieces of the escalator for sale?? I didn’t know that...

Ireland
    Amok Time is one of my favorite vendors and I had noticed recently that they still have both in stock for thirty bucks:

http://www.amoktime.com/monstarz-day...on-figure.html
    Are they action figures or statues?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Are they action figures or statues?
    Technically they’re figures, but as you can see in the pictures, Dr Tongue has limited points of articulation, so there are fewer lines in his body sculpt, giving it more of a statue appearance.

Bub has more points of articulation because he comes with accessories from the film like the Walkman, gun, bucket of guts, etc. So you can put his hand up to his mouth, make him aim, salute, etc.

But even though they are technically figures, the designers did a good job of only adding articulation where absolutely needed, so a majority of the two sculpts don’t have the separation joints, making them appear more as statues. Being that we only see Dr Tongue walk in the film, he virtually has no articulation joints. I’m between houses right now, so these are in storage, but IIRC Dr Tongue only moves at his shoulders.
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Jul-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: .

United States
    They have pieces of the escalator for sale?? I didn’t know that...
    nothing too impressive, but it was 20 bucks and it makes a great companion piece for my chunk of wood from the original chapel from night i purchased to help restore the chapel. they still have some available:

http://www.livingdeadmuseum.com/momaarpeespi.html

Ireland
    Technically they’re figures, but as you can see in the pictures, Dr Tongue has limited points of articulation, so there are fewer lines in his body sculpt, giving it more of a statue appearance.

Bub has more points of articulation because he comes with accessories from the film like the Walkman, gun, bucket of guts, etc. So you can put his hand up to his mouth, make him aim, salute, etc.

But even though they are technically figures, the designers did a good job of only adding articulation where absolutely needed, so a majority of the two sculpts don’t have the separation joints, making them appear more as statues. Being that we only see Dr Tongue walk in the film, he virtually has no articulation joints. I’m between houses right now, so these are in storage, but IIRC Dr Tongue only moves at his shoulders.
    Right. So they're sort of semi articulate. Not like a Neca figure or Hasbro. Just some movement in some places?

They look interesting. But, I don't know about getting any. I have a couple of these toy things sitting on the shelf. The Xenomorph and some Stormtroopers and whatnot. But, I don't know about delving deeper into this toy rabbithole. LOL.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Right. So they're sort of semi articulate. Not like a Neca figure or Hasbro. Just some movement in some places?

They look interesting. But, I don't know about getting any. I have a couple of these toy things sitting on the shelf. The Xenomorph and some Stormtroopers and whatnot. But, I don't know about delving deeper into this toy rabbithole. LOL.
    The rabbit hole runs deep haha.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 09-Jul-2018 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Welcome to the party, Richter!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Certain vendors, such as Entertainment Earth, now have these in stock. Anyone picked them up?

YouTube review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-X68Iy9HU