Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mezco Toys Dawn Of The Dead

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Mezco Toys Dawn Of The Dead

First quarter of 2019, Mezco Toys will be releasing a package featuring the Stephen/Flyboy and Airport/Plaid Zombies. They’re about 6-7 inches tall and feature some pretty good likenesses.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-daw...dead-boxed-set

Large photos:

I’m normally not a big fan of real fabric on figures and already own these characters from other companies, so I’m not sure if I’ll get them at the current price. Perhaps further down the road with a price drop.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Jul-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: .

Ireland
    They look pretty good.

The soft goods seem alright too. At that scale, they're best reserved for the likes of capes and whatnot. But Mezco seem to have done ok here.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Pretty badass. I agree about fabric though. Feels more like a doll.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Pretty badass. I agree about fabric though. Feels more like a doll.

Couldn't resist.

Not my thing, but they do look nifty, mind.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They’re real, not dolls.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They’re real, not dolls.

I saw a doc recently, on Channel 4 of course, which was about those sorts of dolls - but robotic versions, or implementing robotic features - anyway, point being, I was stunned that any user of such a thing (to each their own) would actually appear on television discussing it. Albeit for broadcast in a different country, but still...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Indeed, I’m not judging them for doing whatever it is that makes them happy, but it IS surprising that they’d go on front of cameras to talk about it.

Ever seen “Lars and the Real Girl” with Ryan Gosling? It’s about a guy that forms a relationship with one of those lifesize dolls. It’s actually a really good movie, IIRC.

Anyway....as for Dawn figures. I have the old NECA Dawn collection, but does anyone know of any other releases? I think I’ve seen a couple from Japan or somewhere, but they weren’t my cup of tea.

United States
    i've already got the NECA set, and though these look cool, they aren't really worth the price in my opinion. i still need to get my hands on the bub and dr. tongue figures one of these days.

and i really wish someone would put out a couple worthwhile figures from night of the living dead. the ones that are available are a joke if you ask me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and i really wish someone would put out a couple worthwhile figures from night of the living dead. the ones that are available are a joke if you ask me.
    It’s a model rather than completed figure, but I’ve always wanted this version, just haven’t seen it available anywhere. I’d have to paint it in a black and white color scheme, though.

But yeah, I’d love a good figure set. Being that the figures are usually of the zombie characters, what would be the next recognizable zombie from night? While we can name them all off, I’m not sure if there are any others that are recognizable enough for the production of a figure?..
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Jul-2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    But yeah, I’d love a good figure set. Being that the figures are usually of the zombie characters, what would be the next recognizable zombie from night? While we can name them all off, I’m not sure if there are any others that are recognizable enough for the production of a figure?..
    The little girl zombie with the trowel raised up, eyes sunken in sweeps of undead darkness. Also, Johnny as a zombie clutching his way through an ajar door. Indeed, you could have two sweet arse model kits based around those scenes - with the mother cowering beneath the trowel in the former, and with Barbara trying to hold the door closed as one of Johnny's gloved hands grabs hold of her.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The little girl zombie with the trowel raised up, eyes sunken in sweeps of undead darkness. Also, Johnny as a zombie clutching his way through an ajar door. Indeed, you could have two sweet arse model kits based around those scenes - with the mother cowering beneath the trowel in the former, and with Barbara trying to hold the door closed as one of Johnny's gloved hands grabs hold of her.
    Ah, good call on Cooper’s daughter. I could definitely see a figure of her after she’s been used for posters and promotional materials. Not sure if Johnny would be recognizable enough to general audiences to warrant a figure, though?

If I had my way, we’d have a complete night set with all the characters, living and dead, with a complete diorama of the biggest portion of the house. With zombies on the outside of the diorama? Man, I’d pay good money for that!
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Jul-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    These new dolls look amazing! Too bad I can't afford 'em...

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd say Johnny was recognisable enough, especially as he often tends to end up in clips of Night in mainstream fare - either the "they're coming to get you Barbara" moment, or it's when the zombies break in and Johhny's there as a zombie - his hand with the familiar glove on it clutching the door frame. A very iconic moment, I'd say. One of the most iconic in the film.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd say Johnny was recognisable enough, especially as he often tends to end up in clips of Night in mainstream fare - either the "they're coming to get you Barbara" moment, or it's when the zombies break in and Johhny's there as a zombie - his hand with the familiar glove on it clutching the door frame. A very iconic moment, I'd say. One of the most iconic in the film.
    Also some of the zombies that feast on Tom & Judy's semi-roasted corpses. They have been used in promotional stills, clips & posters.

United States
    Coopers Daughter and Johnny would make amazing figures. I can see the exact frame with Johnny wearing the glove clearly in my head.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."