Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child’s Play Remake

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm not to adverse to this. I like the first film a lot but never really watched any of the sequels. This feels as good as a direction as any.

- - - Updated - - -

Who voices Chucky?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^ Still unknown, I believe. Definitely not Brad Dourif though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That's gonna be somewhat of a dealbreaker for me.

Aaland
    Tired of remakes, doubt I'll watch this.
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

Rising

United States
    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Ditto. Most of them suck, and a great deal of them are also unnecessary (i.e. there's nothing really wrong with the original movie, so quite pointless to "remake" them.)

One very notable exception: the 1978 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This one is in fact even better than the original black & white 50s classic sci-fi horror flick. A very rare instance of a remake surpassing the original.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Ditto. Most of them suck, and a great deal of them are also unnecessary (i.e. there's nothing really wrong with the original movie, so quite pointless to "remake" them.)

One very notable exception: the 1978 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This one is in fact even better than the original black & white 50s classic sci-fi horror flick. A very rare instance of a remake surpassing the original.
    And then they pissed on it with the Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman remake...

Other notable exceptions: The Thing and The Fly. Cinematic gold.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Entertainment Weekly has posted an interesting article explaining why we now have two concurrent Child’s Play/Chucky franchises: https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/18/chucky-childs-play/

Strangely enough, Steven Spielberg had a hand in the sequels that were released by Univeral Pictures.

“Steven said, ‘David, listen, I would like you to give Universal the first shot at this,'” says Kirschner. “Give them your wish list of what it is that you want, and if they don’t meet that, then I’ve done what Sid Sheinberg has asked me to do.’ And so I said, ‘Great, let’s move forward with it.’ Steven really is the one that brought it over to Universal. It was Steven Spielberg and Kathy Kennedy [Spielberg’s producer and Amblin cofounder] who that made that happen.” (Thirty years later, Spielberg would actually get to work with Chucky on his 2018 film, Ready Player One.)
    And of course, series creator Don Mancini isn’t very happy with the remake, as he rightfully believes that it muddles the franchise that he’s clearly not yet finished with. It’s an interesting article about the legal issues in the industry, I highly recommend it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The new voice of Chucky was announced today at Wondercon. The killer doll will be voiced by Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill.

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...ds-play-remake

Now THIS captures my attention. Interesting, very interesting. Hamill is an amazing voice over artist, having defined The Joker for a generation in Batman: The Animated Series, plus much more.

I wasn’t really interested in this remake, but this casting may have bought my ticket....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Someone has pointed out that Hamill had actually already voiced Chucky, which he did for Robot Chicken several years back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3PZFz6T8wY

Now, to be fair, this is very unlikely to be similar to what he’ll do in the new film. Here he was just imitating Dourif’s version of the character. Still, kind of funny to hear it and think of the possibilities.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Apr-2019 at 10:53 PM. Reason: .