Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Creepshow (TV Series)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Creepshow seems to be coming “back into style”! New show, new clothing and apparel, and now there are also new figures and masks available through Amok Time: https://www.amoktime.com/catalogsear...t/?q=Creepshow

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Series Poster

Super Moderator

UK
    Good to see Creepshow getting some proper treatment and respect from someone inside Romero's circle, if you will, instead of those gits who made Creepshow 3 and remade Day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Looks awesome!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nicotero shared some interesting tidbits while at New York Comic Con this weekend....

Stephen King is involved!!!

He promises that the format of the show will remain true to the movie. According to Horror News Network, the producer disclosed the scribes whose works would be featured on the 6 part series. King, his son Joe Hill and Joe Lansdale are just some of the content contributors.

Much like the movie, the narratives could alternate between horror and comedy. One thing Nicotero won’t be focusing on will be segment length stating, they will be “As long as they need to be.”
    So far, every new bit of info that’s released is suggesting that this thing is on the right path! Ahhhh man so excited!

Source: https://1428elm.com/2018/10/05/greg-...reepshow-info/

EDIT: It’s worth noting that when Nicotero said the segments will be “as long as they need to be”, someone in the room mentioned other recent anthology shows that have the luxury of certain segments actually being feature-length in their presentation. After this was mentioned, Nicotero seemed to happily hint that feature-length is a very real possibility.

So if they’re going to be allowed to “be the length they need to be”, we could very well be getting Creepshow MOVIES. Likely featuring even more popular filmmakers. Ooooooooh the possibilities!!!
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Oct-2018 at 06:06 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We have a good bit of new info on the series. The production is currently crewing-up for principle photography here in Atlanta, Georgia. I’ve applied for it myself, though I’m not familiar with the right department head, so likely won’t hear back. It’d be awesome sauce if I could work on it though!

Anywho.....a few tidbits I’ve come across:
    - This first season will be six episodes
    - Nicotero is of course directing the first, which is titled Survivor Type and written by Stephen King.
    - Our “family member” John Harrison will be directing an episode!
    - Rob Schrab will direct an episode titled Bad Wolf Down, which is described as “unholy and supernatural happenings on a WWII battlefield”.
    - Bubba Ho-Tep writer Joe R. Lansdale penned “a killer scarecrow story” called The Companion.
    - Horror Novelist Christopher Buehlman wrote The Man in the Suitcase, which centers around a 19 year old that brings home the wrong suitcase from the airport and inside there’s “a man with a terrible problem”.

A couple more directors yet to be announced. I’m excited about the new information!
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Jan-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds like some cool ideas for stories, so that's got me interested - and nice to see Nicotero continue to keep the candle lit for Romero and his enclave of fellow artists.

Also - fingers crossed your crew application goes well!!!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Jan-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Really looking forward to this.
    I've got the Scream factory Blu-ray. Might give it a spin tonight, just to get a dosage of Creepshow!

Would appreciate you sharing anything from the rumor mill, as long as it doesn't compromise your position of course.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 25-Jan-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: fsddfs

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I appreciate the kind words, fellas. My fingers are crossed, but being that I’m not familiar with this particular crew, I highly doubt I’ll be getting the gig. It’s all about who you know around here, unfortunately. And if I did get on the show, I wouldn’t be able to share anything because of the contracts/NDA’s, so I’m perfectly fine with just sharing all the info and geeking out over this with yous guys!
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Jan-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Fuck your reason

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I wouldn’t be able to share anything because of the contracts/NDA’s, so I’m perfectly fine with just sharing all the info and geeking out over this with yous guys!
    Of course you wouldn't... Nudge... Nudge... Wink! Wink!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course you wouldn't... Nudge... Nudge... Wink! Wink!

I don’t think any of our fellow HPotD regulars would risk being kicked off of a Romero legacy-type film or series such as this!

Speaking of this carrying the Romero torch.....with so many great genre shows and films happening these days, does anyone else get the feeling that we may have become a bit jaded? I mean, could you imagine how huge the news of this show would have been had it been announced about twenty years ago? Now that we’re getting so much great content out of these genres we love, such as TWD, FTWD, Black Mirror, Ash Vs Evil Dead, Stranger Things, etc, it almost seems like our excitement levels aren’t where they used to be, if that makes sense?
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Jan-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Speaking of this carrying the Romero torch.....with so many great genre shows and films happening these days, does anyone else get the feeling that we may have become a bit jaded? I mean, could you imagine how huge the news of this show would have been had it been announced about twenty years ago? Now that we’re getting so much great content out of these genres we love, such as TWD, FTWD, Black Mirror, Ash Vs Evil Dead, Stranger Things, etc, it almost seems like our excitement levels aren’t where they used to be, if that makes sense?
    Back in, say, the 1990s we had such a dearth of material. The media landscape was a totally different beast and the horror genre was still to many people something to be looked down upon, even detested. Now it's big business and families watch TWD together. We as a society consume media at a voracious rate. When was the last time anyone twiddled their thumbs? Who knows? There's too much telly to be watching!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I remember making a thread about how exciting everybody was over the first Dead Rising game, as compared to now when the market is so saturated with zombie stuff.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Although it initially seemed as though Nicotero’s series would have only one story per episode, they’ve now confirmed more than six stories and more than six directors. So, it’s looking like at least some of the episodes will have multiple stories like Romero and Gornick’s feature films. Maybe every episode has smaller stories around it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Although it initially seemed as though Nicotero’s series would have only one story per episode, they’ve now confirmed more than six stories and more than six directors. So, it’s looking like at least some of the episodes will have multiple stories like Romero and Gornick’s feature films. Maybe every episode has smaller stories around it?
    Night Gallery had 2-3 stories per episode, didn't it?

MAN that was a good show.