Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Creepshow (TV Series)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, usually three an episode. Agreed, Night Gallery is fantastic. Twilight Zone is my favorite, but NG definitely ranks up there with some of the greats!

Super Moderator

UK
    First image - the natural choice.

https://dailydead.com/greg-nicotero-...GSOPk0CUY9_v6s
    The six-episode season will feature an adaptation of an as-yet unannounced Stephen King story, as well as segments based on stories by other award-winning and acclaimed horror writers, including:

● “By the Silvery Waters of Lake Champlain” by Joe Hill (NOS4A2)
    ● “House of the Head” by Josh Malerman (Bird Box)
    ● “The Companion” by Joe Lansdale (The Bottoms)
    ● “The Man in the Suitcase” by Christopher Buehlman (The Lesser Dead)
    ● “All Hallows Eve” by Bruce Jones (The Hitchhiker)
    ● “Night of the Paw” by John Esposito (The Walking Dead: Webisodes)
    ● “Bad Wolf Down” by Rob Schrab (Monster House)

Administrator

England
    ^ Nice!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just a slightly updated version of Savini’s Creep? Love it!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Night Gallery had 2-3 stories per episode, didn't it?

MAN that was a good show.
    In the first two seasons there were 2 or 3. Season 3 went to a half-hour format and there is only 1 story per episode.
    That show did 2 Lovecraft stories (Cool Air and Pickman's Model) at a time when he was pretty much out of the public conscious.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    In the first two seasons there were 2 or 3. Season 3 went to a half-hour format and there is only 1 story per episode.
    That show did 2 Lovecraft stories (Cool Air and Pickman's Model) at a time when he was pretty much out of the public conscious.
    Besides the two Lovecraft adaptations, the show also threw in Lovecraft references, both subtle as well as explicit, in at least 3 other episodes: Professor Peabody's Last Lecture, Miss Lovecraft Sent Me and The Return of the Sorcerer (this one is an adaption of a short story by Lovecraft contemporary Clark Ashton Smith, revolving around the "Necronomicon" grimoire of the "Mad Arab" Abdul Alhazred.)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Besides the two Lovecraft adaptations, the show also threw in Lovecraft references, both subtle as well as explicit, in at least 3 other episodes: Professor Peabody's Last Lecture, Miss Lovecraft Sent Me and The Return of the Sorcerer (this one is an adaption of a short story by Lovecraft contemporary Clark Ashton Smith, revolving around the "Necronomicon" grimoire of the "Mad Arab" Abdul Alhazred.)
    "The Return of the Sorcerer" is one of the better eps from season 3. Bill Bixby and Vincent Price are great in it. So is the woman in it...I can't remember her name right now and don't want to let the interwebz win by looking. Was it Carol Lynley?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    "The Return of the Sorcerer" is one of the better eps from season 3. Bill Bixby and Vincent Price are great in it. So is the woman in it...I can't remember her name right now and don't want to let the interwebz win by looking. Was it Carol Lynley?
    No, Patricia Sterling.

Aaland
    "All Hallows Eve" sounds like it might be an adaptation of this comic story: https://thehorrorsofitall.blogspot.c...l-hallows.html Written by the same guy.
    Last edited by Skinrash; 21-Feb-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Edit
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
    "All Hallows Eve" sounds like it might be an adaptation of this comic story: https://thehorrorsofitall.blogspot.c...l-hallows.html Written by the same guy.
    Interesting find! You could very well be onto something there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Ok so I started watching Night Gallery. I've only seen a few episodes but I don't know why I never sat down and watched all of it. I love Rod Serling and I love what I've seen!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It is indeed quite good! Now you guys are giving me the urge to give Night Gallery another spin, as well!

Even though Serling was the host and involved with the show, he actually had quite a rough time on the series because he was more of a hired gun and didn’t have the same creative control and freedom that he did with The Twilight Zone.

Actually, before the final season of TZ, Serling had really planned to make that season lean even more into horror, but the heads at CBS told him to keep it in line with the TZ seasons that had come before, featuring horror as well as a mix of sci-fi, fantasy, etc. So he was basically planning NG while still working on his most recognized effort.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Feb-2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thirty seven years later, Adrienne Barbeau will be returning to the world of Creepshow in Gray Matter.

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...gs-gray-matter

Directed by Nicotero, from a Stephen King story, the episode also stars Tobin Bell(Saw series) and Giancarlo Esposito(Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul).

New(I think?) photo of The Creep:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First featurette on the series with Nicotero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgKPDg2lfqQ

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Official poster with our dear Ol’ George making an appearance!