Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Creepshow (TV Series)

United States
    Great homage to the man!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Official poster with our dear Ol’ George making an appearance!
    Out of all of the "new" anthology stuff coming to TV, this show is actually one I'm looking forward to. 'Black Mirror' has always been vastly overrated to me and 'The Twilight Zone' has been poor, from what I've seen so far.

Hopefully, this is good.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Official poster with our dear Ol’ George making an appearance!
    Oh! That's a nice touch!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Does anyone know if they release Shudder originals for purchase? I really don't want to sub to another streaming service.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Out of all of the "new" anthology stuff coming to TV, this show is actually one I'm looking forward to. 'Black Mirror' has always been vastly overrated to me and 'The Twilight Zone' has been poor, from what I've seen so far.

Hopefully, this is good.
    I enjoyed a good number of the new Zone’s. They’ve got nothing on the original, of course, but some of them I really enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Does anyone know if they release Shudder originals for purchase? I really don't want to sub to another streaming service.
    I’m certainly no expert on the matter, but from everything I’ve seen, you have to get their subscription service. I may get suckered into signing up by the time this show premieres...

United States
    I enjoyed a good number of the new Zone’s. They’ve got nothing on the original, of course, but some of them I really enjoyed.

I’m certainly no expert on the matter, but from everything I’ve seen, you have to get their subscription service. I may get suckered into signing up by the time this show premieres...
    I may have to get suckered too. Bastards.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There’s always the less-then-legal way to go, but when it comes to projects and creators I love like Nicotero, I have to pay to support them in some way!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Moderator

UK
    Great trailer! I love the look of the Creep, too, the practical puppet look - I love it.

Looks like a great cast, too - and Adrienne Barbeau! AWESOME!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There’s a few shots that hint at continuations from the original film, such as “The Crate”, or perhaps just visual cues for us fans? I could see them possibly sneaking in some “sequels” to Romero and King’s segments, if they wanted though!

Rising

United States
    There’s a few shots that hint at continuations from the original film, such as “The Crate”, or perhaps just visual cues for us fans? I could see them possibly sneaking in some “sequels” to Romero and King’s segments, if they wanted though!
    That was the only story of the two Creepshow movies (I am not counting the third one, which has nothing to do with Romero and King) that left itself wide open for a sequel.

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That was the only story of the two Creepshow movies (I am not counting the third one, which has nothing to do with Romero and King) that left itself wide open for a sequel.
    What about Jordy Verrill and The Raft? Those also ended with the menace still out to consume more victims. I guess Creeping up on you also did, depending on wether you interpret the cockroaches as a supernatural manifestation created by Pratt's victims or just a random infestation that coincidentally happened to claim a scumbag as one of it's victims.
    Last edited by Skinrash; 25-Jul-2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Edit
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
    What about Jordy Verrill and The Raft? Those also ended with the menace still out to consume more victims. I guess Creeping up on you also did, depending on wether you interpret the cockroaches as a supernatural manifestation created by Pratt's victims or just a random infestation that coincidentally happened to claim a scumbag as one of it's victims.
    But none of the main human characters of those stories survived. Their stories begin and end (with their deaths.) But The Crate leaves two of the main human characters alive, and the monster they thought they got rid of on the loose. Unlike the other stories in both movies, this story is tailor-made for a sequel.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I get your point, The Crate is certainly the logical choice to continue on should they choose to do that, but they could easily do “sequels” to any of them, even if no living characters were left standing. I’m hoping they don’t, though. As much as I love the originals, I’m really hoping this series can revive the “brand” and inject some new life into it for general audiences.

With a bit of luck, we could have many, many more Creepshow stories to enjoy for years to come!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's the monster that you'd most need to continue one of the established stories, not the human characters really. All the famous slasher movie killers are testament to that. So you could have another story with that killer oil slick, for instance ... but I also wouldn't want them to just lean on what came before a whole bunch, either.