Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Creepshow (TV Series)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    During the recent quarantine commentary for Night, Nicotero mentioned that AMC will be airing all of Creepshow soon. That should help give some viewers easier access to it.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    During the recent quarantine commentary for Night, Nicotero mentioned that AMC will be airing all of Creepshow soon. That should help give some viewers easier access to it.
    Smart decision. They certainly will get a wider audience that way. I've only seen a few episodes so far. They were not particularly more "explicit/graphic" than what AMC already plays, so don't see much of a need or advantage in only airing them elsewhere.
    Last edited by JDP; 05-Apr-2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    I seen the whole season and can't really remember many of the episodes in full. About 4-5 stood out.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I seen the whole season and can't really remember many of the episodes in full. About 4-5 stood out.
    Aye, me too. Can't say it did that much for me.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I liked the suitcase man one
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I liked the suitcase man one
    I wasn't so keen on that one.

The best one for me was the one with the scarecrow monster thing around that old farm house. Great looking central monster, and that story also had all the visual stylings that Creepshow should have (several episodes looked rather 'normal', which was disappointing). I also quite liked the very first story (a few bits of iffy dialogue aside), which had a pretty gruesome vibe to it. Also the monkey's paw one was pretty well done, even if I was already quite familiar with the basic idea of the tale, and then there was one set during a zombie apocalypse and people were using it kind of as an excuse to exact revenge on their neighbours (people's heads stuck in holes and zombies coming to get them). I also quite liked the one about the dolls house, even if the ending was a smidge ... ... underwhelming? That said, when you think about it, the girl lets that dolls house go to someone else knowing full well what horrors it will cause ... stone cold.

Hopefully season two will be more consistent and have an improved budget, because at times you could see the struggle against that.

United States
    I liked all those you mentioned, MZ. The suitcase was cool but the spitting out gold was just weird.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I mentioned before, Creepshow is coming to AMC and now they’re saying it will be in May, so only a few weeks away. I assumed they would hold it for Fear Fest in October, but maybe the Covid-19 crisis convinced them to move it up while everyone is stuck at home. I look forward to it!

Also, it was recently revealed that Season Two has been approved for six episodes. Which of course will likely be delayed given the state of the world.

Super Moderator

UK
    As I mentioned before, Creepshow is coming to AMC and now they’re saying it will be in May, so only a few weeks away. I assumed they would hold it for Fear Fest in October, but maybe the Covid-19 crisis convinced them to move it up while everyone is stuck at home. I look forward to it!

Also, it was recently revealed that Season Two has been approved for six episodes. Which of course will likely be delayed given the state of the world.
    I seem to recall reading that Nicotero was about to start shooting, or had started shooting, on season two of Creepshow when the lockdown came into effect. Unless I've got my wires crossed. I think the idea was to bash that out in advance of starting shooting on the new season of TWD (which would have been underway in May, typically).

Rising

United States
    As I mentioned before, Creepshow is coming to AMC and now they’re saying it will be in May, so only a few weeks away. I assumed they would hold it for Fear Fest in October, but maybe the Covid-19 crisis convinced them to move it up while everyone is stuck at home.
    That must indeed be the main reason for this motion. AMC is not shooting new episodes of their current series due to the pandemic, so they need to fill in with things that are already recorded.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That must indeed be the main reason for this motion. AMC is not shooting new episodes of their current series due to the pandemic, so they need to fill in with things that are already recorded.
    IIRC it was already planned to be shown on AMC before lockdown happened, however the shifting of when it's going to air will no doubt be due to the current lockdown.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    IIRC it was already planned to be shown on AMC before lockdown happened, however the shifting of when it's going to air will no doubt be due to the current lockdown.
    Yeah, they’d definitely already planned to show it on AMC before all this happened. I think it was announced last November/December, just with no airing time frame? They were probably planning to use it in conjunction with TWD later in the year, but have moved it up because of the crisis.

So I’m excited to watch it! A minor bit of good news during a very bad time...

Great Britain
    Interview with Greg Nicotero on AICN about the up coming creepshow series https://www.aintitcool.com/greg-nico...terview-82881/
    Last edited by paranoid101; 30-May-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Interview with Greg Nicotero on AICN about the up coming creepshow series https://www.aintitcool.com/greg-nico...terview-82881/

CREEPSHOW fans will be pleasantly surprised with its second season. That and it will come with a larger budget.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I thought AICN bit the dust.

As far as Creepshow is concerned, its problems was the budget really. It was the writing. It just wasn't that good.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....