Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Creepshow (TV Series)

Super Moderator

UK
    I've just started on Season 2 (which is five episodes long - I presume the separate Xmas special was the sixth of that batch) - and while I've only watched the first episode, I can say that 2x01 is ruddy good! This is what I've been wanting the show to be!

Clearly, the budget has been increased, so it (well, 2x01 at least) didn't look anywhere as cheap or production limited as the prior season. Both stories in 2x01 had a 1970s setting and really dug into that vibe of monster mad kids and Pittsburgh. The second episode of the lot was the best of the two and was a hell of a lot of fun - put simply, imagine 'Bob Ross vs The Evil Dead' to get a feel for the essentials (and it features Ted Raimi, and is all set at a Pittsburgh public access TV studio).

I had downloaded the episodes and was gonna get around to them some time, but then I subbed to Shudder the other day and it's on there, so figured I'd give it a spin. Hopefully the following four episodes will maintain the standard of 2x01 - but it's off to a good start, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

2x02 was pretty solid over all and enjoyable.

2x03 ... didn't gel with this one. Episodes felt a bit too 'plain' visually for Creepshow, and I wasn't keen on the stories personally. I never understand why some directors never really indulge in the chance to go wild with their cameras and really get into it? Nicotero knows what's up - he bossed 2x01.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Jun-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    2x04 was mixed - but I really enjoyed the first story about a killer drain clog.

2x05 was just one single story, which felt a little bit drawn out and didn't quite have enough oomph at the finale, but was generally a pretty cool idea and super nerdy vibe to it. The episode also starts and ends with nifty 'VR videogame' style sequences which Romero fans will get a real kick out of.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    2x03 ... didn't gel with this one. Episodes felt a bit too 'plain' visually for Creepshow, and I wasn't keen on the stories personally. I never understand why some directors never really indulge in the chance to go wild with their cameras and really get into it? Nicotero knows what's up - he bossed 2x01.
    Actually, this has been the best episode of this series that I have seen so far. The first story has an unexpected twist (I thought the aliens were going to be some wild monsters who have a taste for flesh and the whole thing was a trap to lure a human into coming to them, then capture and eat him, or something like that, but quite the opposite), and the second story had some pretty darn funny moments (like the girl constantly being worried about getting pregnant for giving some guy "a handie", LOL!)