Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Gunn's firing

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Suicide Squad is the worst of the DCEU films - and all of them are horrible.
    I found SS ok...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Very good news for the DCEU - fingers crossed that Gunn will also direct.

Now, while the original movie had it's fair share of problems, I still thoroughly enjoyed it - it was very much like a comic book splashed on the screen. The early portion of the film with those condensed introductions to the various squad characters was straight out of the pages of a comic book. The plot needed some work and it's just one of many, many, many superhero movies that has an awful lot of CGI in the climax, but for me it's more than the sum of its variable parts.

However, considering the good work Gunn did with GOTG1 (co-written by Nicole Perlman on the first movie) and GOTG2 (solo writing credit ... although 1 was better than 2, IMHO), this can only be a good thing for Suicide Squad, which is the perfect tonal match for Gunn's style and voice. Hopefully GOTG3 will still use Gunn's script, at least!
    Agree completely.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It’s out that Gunn is officially back in control of Guardians Vol. 3! As of now, he’s still attached to do The Suicide Squad for WB/DC, then move on to the third Guardians film.

Assuming he actually does stay on for Squad, it’ll be cool to get two films from him.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It’s out that Gunn is officially back in control of Guardians Vol. 3! As of now, he’s still attached to do The Suicide Squad for WB/DC, then move on to the third Guardians film.

Assuming he actually does stay on for Squad, it’ll be cool to get two films from him.
    Yay!! I'm really excited about this turn of events!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Aye, I saw this last night - common sense prevails at last!

Like you, I hope we get both SS2 and GOTG3 out of him, as demanding as that may be, but that'd be pretty sweet.

It was an idiotic decision to fire him in the first place. Disney/Marvel getting themselves wrapped up in silliness there.