Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netflix Zombie Apocalypse Series Black Summer

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yeh, I remember in the Dawn remake, how on reanimating we'd get contact lenses in, and dinosaur vocal chords in...
    Remember the insta-rot and ceiling crawl ability afforded to the abominations in the turd festival otherwise known as the 2008 remake of Day?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Remember the insta-rot and ceiling crawl ability afforded to the abominations in the turd festival otherwise known as the 2008 remake of Day?
    No! I do not! The extensive counselling has worked wonders on removing that from my noggin!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aww, c’mon....you know you loved BUD the vegetarian zombie!!

United States
    Opening up old wounds.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But it can't even count as a "remake", properly. It doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Day, except a couple of character names that coincide with that Romero film. Sorry, but it's just not enough to qualify as a "remake". There has to be more "overlap" between the original and the "remake" in order for a film to count as such.

Administrator

England
    OK... Enjoying it more as I get further into it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    OK... Enjoying it more as I get further into it
    That was my experience. It's not perfect but overall I really enjoyed it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Finished. Enjoyable, although had a couple of why the hell do that moments?

eg: You find a lovely shopping center, all empty, and you do what? Block the automatic doors to ensure your continued health? No you pi$$ about with a shopping cart, shopping and leave the automatic doors to let any infected in.

OR, when one or two infected run towards a HUGE group, EVERYONE fires, even at long range, to waste as much ammo as possible. And even if you're 4ft behind other people, you shoot right between their shoulders/heads, without worrying if you hit them, and without them caring about the noise 2ft behind their heads.

-Carl Sagan

United States
    Finished. Enjoyable, although had a couple of why the hell do that moments?

eg: You find a lovely shopping center, all empty, and you do what? Block the automatic doors to ensure your continued health? No you pi$$ about with a shopping cart, shopping and leave the automatic doors to let any infected in.

OR, when one or two infected run towards a HUGE group, EVERYONE fires, even at long range, to waste as much ammo as possible. And even if you're 4ft behind other people, you shoot right between their shoulders/heads, without worrying if you hit them, and without them caring about the noise 2ft behind their heads.

To be fair that guy had to be the dumbest character in the show, but yeah that type of crap happened way too much in the show. Also I didn't mind how it was split up, but some of the scenes didn't seem to last long enough to warrant a split.

Being Attacked

United States
    The camerawork was great, they nail the long shots and setting an atmosphere of trepidation. The show was all atmosphere, but no substance. The dialogue exchanges were pretty convincing and the actors did great. But the logic made no sense; it was asinine. Their choice of action felt like it was to purely piss you off.
    The teenage kids at the school killing the characters off was awesome. I rooted for them.
    Some of the characters killed the atmosphere the show had set though. Like in one scene, the dude was running from a zombie, in the next scene he goes shopping like everything is okay. They run from the zombies and hide in the school, then he tries to play the drums. I just don't get it.
    Also a lot of plot points get brought up but never concludes.

Spoiler territory:
    Why is there nobody at the stadium?

Dying

Undisclosed
    Spoilers
    Wasn't overly impressed. Even though it was brought to us by the Z Nation crew it doesn't (to its' credit) have the comedic efforts of the aforementioned series. The characters were by and large either stupid or vile, and results were inconsistent with abilities (lack of training and language barrier show difficulty with coordinated efforts.....followed by a highly successful score at the rave despite those deficiencies).
    I believe they have a green light for a second season and I'll watch it, if only in the hopes they'll redeem themselves.
    l
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.