Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jordan Peele’s The Twilight Zone

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The remake of Nightmare at 30,000 Feet is pretty much an all-new story! They took the basic premise of Richard Matheson’s original story and created something entirely new and modern for today’s audiences. It’s a great episode and Scott gives a really convincing performance throughout. I’m afraid to say too much until others have seen it.

Keep an ear out for the name of the pilot, which is a reference to original episode director, Richard Donner.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    There doesn’t seem to be too much interest here at this point, but it’s worth noting that CBS has put the first episode up for free on Youtube. It’s a very enjoyable episode and only excites me more for the rest of the series! It looks like Peele revived the show in a very positive way.

CBS has the episode set to where it can’t be embedded on other sites, but you can see it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/19GO8-Rrn0g
    thanks for the heads-up, i'll try to get around to checking this out this weekend. big fan of the original series. not very familiar with peele's work aside from some of his sketch show and his fargo season one character. heard good things about his two horror films, though.....but.....i really think it's a bitch-ass move for them to make this only viewable by signing up for their shitty little subscription service, and i doubt i'll see the rest of them till they get their pompous heads out of their asses.

Ireland
    So...I've "acquired" the pair of these and will have a look later.

In any case, I have no doubt that this won't live up to the best of the 60's 'Twilight Zone'. That show was (largely) perfect for what it was and the time it was made in, and such things tend not to travel in time so well, as evidenced by the numerous failed attempts to revive it.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, it’s probably best to check your expectations at the door, simply because the original series is so incredible and one of the best in history. So expecting the exact same is likely only setting yourself up for disappointment. However, based solely on the two episodes currently available, I do feel like this has the potential to become the best of the three reboot shows. The version from the eighties was previously the best incarnation since the original, but I could see the current show having the capability of surpassing that, depending on how the rest of the season turns out.

So yeah.....I wouldn’t go in expecting it to be Serling’s original, but instead go in expecting it to be some sort of close relative that draws inspiration from the classic.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    thanks for the heads-up, i'll try to get around to checking this out this weekend. big fan of the original series. not very familiar with peele's work aside from some of his sketch show and his fargo season one character. heard good things about his two horror films, though.....but.....i really think it's a bitch-ass move for them to make this only viewable by signing up for their shitty little subscription service, and i doubt i'll see the rest of them till they get their pompous heads out of their asses.
    Unfortunately, this seems to be the trend for TV shows nowadays: "pay per view", "on demand", etc. AMC did the same with the new Creepshow.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’ve found that I’m enjoying the show more and more with each passing episode. They’ve already announced Season Two and that the series had the highest numbers for the network. More than the new Star Trek, which really surprises me, honestly.

Looking forward to more!