Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TWD 9x01 "A New Beginning" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    The Walkers were so top notch this episode. The way each one was highlighted was a work of art. I heard GN was going for a Day of the Dead vibe.
    Yeah, he was saying on Talking Dead that they wanted to feature the walkers a bit more - so they did a lot of close ups as the initial reveal. The 'jaw hanging off' walker was awesome - a perfect marriage of practical and CGI effects.

The city stuff looked really cool, I definitely got a Day of the Dead vibe from it. A few well-placed dutch angles, ruined vehicles, detritus scattered all over ... awesome. The 'fall of civilisation' vibe was strong and therefore very appropriate for the wider themes of TWD post-AOW.

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    The work GN has done on this show has set the bar higher than ever.
    Damn straight! The KNB team continually out-do themselves. Just when you think they've played all their tricks - bam - spider walker!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    The work GN has done on this show has set the bar higher than ever.
    Yeah, 9 seasons now and still finding cool ways to showcase zombies.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

UK
    Only just caught up on this episode and a few things stuck out:

The Good: Father Gabriel looks badass with one eye and a big hat. loved his "ascent of man" artwork, and the fact that Anne (jadis) picked up on it. she's still an artist at heart, and an ex teacher?

The Bad: Having the leaders of every community, (Rick, Ezekiel, Maggie, Daryl and Oceanside whatserface (really cant remember, and not sure if she took over leadership)) all out on what is basically a supply run, seems somewhat foolish. if something unforseen happens, say an explosion, or a sudden herd of stealth zombies then there's nobody left to take over and pick up the pieces. These guys know better than to take risks like that.

The Ugly: Spider walker was awesome, and a nice moment for Siddiq (who so far has done sod all since Carl's exit).

Finally. RIP Gregory. you truly were ,as father Gabriel would say, "A Colossal Shit"
    I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry hungry.