Thread: NEW George A. Romero films in the works?

United States

NEW George A. Romero films in the works?

Didn't see this posted yet, from comicbook.com.

Seminal horror filmmaker George Romero passed away last summer, but the impact he has had on the genre will last forever. Not only are his influences seen in countless storytellers he inspired, but his wife, Suzanne Desrocher-Romero, confirmed that he left behind nearly 50 scripts that could one day be developed into films.

"Dan [Klaus] is fervently rewriting as we speak," Desrocher shared with ComicBook.com about the novel The Living Dead that Romero had been working on, which Klaus is finishing. "Also, George has many scripts. We have very many scripts that he's written. And so, you just never know what's gonna pop up."

One project that Romero had been working on shortly before passing away, Road of the Dead, is still reportedly being developed.

"That's in the works I think. I think it's sputtered a little bit, but we'll see what happens," Desrocher confirmed about Road of the Dead. "But we have a lot. George was a prolific writer. He loved to write, and we have 40, 50 scripts that he's written, and a lot of it is very good. He had a lot to say, and he still does, because I'm gonna make sure that he does. It's my mission."
    For full article, click here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Please no.

Rising

United States
    Road of the Dead = Train Wreck of the Dead

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What was the general consensus on his last wife? I’m assuming she’s left in control of any artistic endeavors left behind?

Just curious because I personally haven’t heard much about her. We didn’t know about her like we did Christine, anyway.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Oct-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Huh. Well, hm. This could be.... Good? Maybe? Dunno... We'll see, I guess. Try to make the best of it.

Super Moderator

UK
    If we do see some of his old scripts getting dusted off, I'd like to see some non-zombie ones get made ... although I'd imagine if any do get made it'll be right back to zombies, because the money people can't see beyond "Romero = Zombies" ... of course, you'd need the right kind of people to take anything forward (Nicotero, maybe? He's rebooting Creepshow, after all).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Romero’s book mentioned in the original post, The Living Dead has now been completed by Romero’s co-writer and will be released in June of 2020: https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...ming-june-2020

Synopsis:
    On October 24th, John Doe rises from the dead. Assistant Medical Examiner Luis Acocella and his assistant Charlene Rutkowksi are vivisecting him when it happens, and so begins a global nightmare beyond comprehension. Greer Morgan is a teenager living in a trailer park, and when the dead begin their assault, the true natures of her neighbors are revealed. Chuck Chaplin is a pretty-boy cable-news anchor, and the plague brings sudden purpose to his empty life. Karl Nishimura is the helmsman of the U.S.S. Vindicator, a nuclear submarine, and he battles against a complete zombie takeover of his city upon the sea.

And meanwhile, a mysterious woman named Etta Hoffmann records the progress of the epidemic from a bunker in D.C., as well as the broken dreams and stubborn hopes of a nation not ready to give up. Spread across three separate time periods and combining Romero’s biting social commentary with Kraus’s gift for the beautiful and grotesque, the book rockets forward as the zombie plague explodes, endures, and finally, in a shocking final act, begins to radically change
    Last edited by bassman; 20-Feb-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: .

United States
    hmmm, not sure how I feel about this
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Being Attacked

United States
    I would like to see Guillermo Del Toro try one of Romero's scripts. If he wants to stick with Horror maybe Del Toro can ask Hideo Kojima for help on nailing the dark and unsettling atmosphere. Kojima is King of creating uncomfortable atmospheres.