Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWD 9x05 "What Comes After" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    The movie specials will be about Rick and his situation. I loved the ending as a comic book fan.
    Ummm. I'm not really that interested in one shot movies about TWD though. I just can't see the point in that. The "beauty" of 'The Walking Dead' is its ongoing saga, which is why Kirkman wrote the comic in the first place. I think one shot movies will just end up being like the X Files movies. Ok, but ultimately pointless and not as satisfying as the TV show, or at least the better episodes of the TV show.

With the departure of Lincoln, I can't help but feel that the show is on its last legs now and will limp on til everbody's interest is gone. Plus, we're getting into the whisperers storyline now and that's just going to put more people off I reckon. It was rubbish in the comic and it'll probably be even worse in the TV show.

Also, that 6 year jump? That's just...just far too much altogether. Ridiculous decision that.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 06-Nov-2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Ummm. I'm not really that interested in one shot movies about TWD though. I just can't see the point in that. The "beauty" of 'The Walking Dead' is its ongoing saga, which is why Kirkman wrote the comic in the first place. I think one shot movies will just end up being like the X Files movies. Ok, but ultimately pointless and not as satisfying as the TV show, or at least the better episodes of the TV show.

With the departure of Lincoln, I can't help but feel that the show is on its last legs now and will limp on til everbody's interest is gone. Plus, we're getting into the whisperers storyline now and that's just going to put more people off I reckon. It was rubbish in the comic and it'll probably be even worse in the TV show.

Also, that 6 year jump? That's just...just far too much altogether. Ridiculous decision that.
    I think the reason for such a long time jump was to age Judith and Henry for upcoming storylines.

I’m not huge into more WD content as I believe it dilutes the series but I also didn’t want to see Rick die. The way the show is handled and promoted is all AMC though. I don’t think it’s fair to always pin everything on the show runners and creators; at least when it comes to big decisions and content. That goes for the show’s budget too.

I can see how the show can annoy people. That’s fair. Being a horror lover and comic fan I’ll alwyas be more forgiving and biased. I want it to succeed. No shame there.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

UK
    I've no issue with the time jump at all, in fact I think it makes sense now that Rick and Karl have gone. Like MZ said we don't have to wake through the slow grieving episodes.

I just wish Rick had been given the Hero's death the character deserved. I just don't see a way Rick can ever come back to the walking dead. He would not stay way from his family for Six years.

I don't like the idea of Gimbles expanded universe at all. End FTWD and concentrate on the main show.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    i enjoyed most of the callbacks to Darabont’s Pilot episode. But that was more of a fond memory of the show at its best, I suppose. Other than that, I wasn’t all that fussed about this episode. I knew he was going to continue on, but it would have been best to just kill off Rick once and for all.

I maintain that the show wrapped up into a good series finale last year. Even that was stretching it, but it felt like a good series finale for Rick and Carl. The best it could be at that point, anyway.

Super Moderator

UK
    With all this talk about Rick it's easy to overlook something - the RV that Jadis/Anne was driving is the same RV that Tara and Heath were driving in season 6 when they went off on their supply run (the same run that saw Heath and the RV disappear). So I guess we have an answer as to where Heath went now - wherever Rick is being taken?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    With all this talk about Rick it's easy to overlook something - the RV that Jadis/Anne was driving is the same RV that Tara and Heath were driving in season 6 when they went off on their supply run (the same run that saw Heath and the RV disappear). So I guess we have an answer as to where Heath went now - wherever Rick is being taken?
    Yeah and I believe Angela Kang already confirmed Heath was traded by Jadis. Pretty disappointing haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah and I believe Angela Kang already confirmed Heath was traded by Jadis. Pretty disappointing haha.
    It's good that they've got it as part of the story, though. There's various outside events and pressures that the writers just have to deal with and have no control over, so it's good to see they've found a way of explaining Heath's disappearance.

Oddly enough, I seem to recall folks here on HPOTD wanting a character to 'just disappear', not get a featured send-off, and be a mystery.

United States
    It's good that they've got it as part of the story, though. There's various outside events and pressures that the writers just have to deal with and have no control over, so it's good to see they've found a way of explaining Heath's disappearance.

Oddly enough, I seem to recall folks here on HPOTD wanting a character to 'just disappear', not get a featured send-off, and be a mystery.
    What really annoyed me though is the fact that Tara or no one else ever bothered to asked about him. Weird.

Super Moderator

UK
    What really annoyed me though is the fact that Tara or no one else ever bothered to asked about him. Weird.
    Mmmm ... one of those things that got lost in the shuffle during Gimple's era. For all the time spent on certain things, other little things got completely forgotten about. Even just a few lines to address that she/they had been looking but couldn't turn anything up. Of course, the behind the scenes reality was that he had acting gigs elsewhere and wasn't being properly utilised on the show, while she was heavily pregnant and needed time away to give birth and recuperate ... even still, in 7B there should have been some sort of addressing of that mystery.

UK
    Mmmm ... one of those things that got lost in the shuffle during Gimple's era. For all the time spent on certain things, other little things got completely forgotten about. Even just a few lines to address that she/they had been looking but couldn't turn anything up. Of course, the behind the scenes reality was that he had acting gigs elsewhere and wasn't being properly utilised on the show, while she was heavily pregnant and needed time away to give birth and recuperate ... even still, in 7B there should have been some sort of addressing of that mystery.
    That was me. I always loved that Morales and family drove off in series on never to be seen again so I was a bid peeved that they brought him back as Negans solider.

I think the problem with Heath was he just vanished. Now we have Heath, Dwight and Rick all presumably alive and out there unexplained. In addition to this Morgan had gone over to Fear.

What I don't like is that now I have no choice but to watch Rick's films because I need closure, if I had the choice I would prefer to just stick to the main show.

All that said I am really excited for the next episode now.