Thread: I am surprised I have never head of GAR's "The Amusement Park" until now

United States

I am surprised I have never head of GAR's "The Amusement Park" until now

Apparently in between filming "Season of the Witch" and "The Crazies", in 1973 George's commercial work company The Latent Image was commissioned by a religious group to make a PSA/documentary regarding the abuse of American senior citizens. Depending on what source you read from, it either lasts about 25 minutes or about an hour. The main character in the work is portrayed by Lincoln Maazel, who played Uncle Cuda in the excellent film "Martin".

It seems that the author Daniel Kraus has seen this unreleased Romero work (the Christian group who paid him to make it never released it as they found it too disturbing) and is actively trying to secure the rights to release it in some form. He is quoted as saying...

With the exception of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD—maybe—THE AMUSEMENT PARK is Romero’s most overtly horrifying film. Hugely upsetting in form & function.
    Undoubtedly there could be some hyperbole there, but I would like to see this none-the-less. Has anyone ever heard of this before? As it is a commercial film, and commercial films are rarely if ever listed on imdb, this is the first I have heard of it.

For a more detailed description, and what appears to be some stills, click here to read one of the entire articles I found about it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, I posted about it in March.

https://forum.homepageofthedead.com/...amusement+park

I read that it's a 60 minute public information film / narrative ... and that length technically makes it a feature, but yeah, there's probably a little bit of hyperbole going around regarding it. Hopefully the rights holders let us fans see it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    While I am intrigued I doubt it's all that great. But who knows.

United States
    I have not heard of this but would love to view it.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    I have not heard of this but would love to view it.
    Same.
    Last edited by blind2d; 22-Nov-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: blerp