Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

United States
    I think it’s just more of an Easter Egg than anything else.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    That AOTD Explained video was interesting in that it showed some of Snyder's 'answers' - if you can call them that - it seemed to suggest that he doesn't really know himself. Which isn't much cop. If you're writing the damn thing you should know.

AOTD was just slinging everything absolutely every which way for no discernible reason. Some of it, also, just feels like kinda silly bait for the other tagalong material.

The whole thing just felt clunky.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That AOTD Explained video was interesting in that it showed some of Snyder's 'answers' - if you can call them that - it seemed to suggest that he doesn't really know himself. Which isn't much cop. If you're writing the damn thing you should know.

AOTD was just slinging everything absolutely every which way for no discernible reason. Some of it, also, just feels like kinda silly bait for the other tagalong material.

Well, it is like the first model year of a brand new car, the first version has some bugs that need to be worked out, by the time you get the 2nd model year... things improve.

I am kind of digging on the time loop theory though, as I myself believe in other dimensions and timeloops.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England

And there's me thinking a solid script with sensible believable events and characters is what they'd be going for ideally
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Nerds should not write stories, and Zack Snyder is probably a nerd.
    He seems more interested in teases and details than with plot or emotion.

Great Britain
    that was great and pretty much summed it up.

Aaland
    Watched the videos posted here and it makes me wonder if Snyder has ever heard of "internal logic"? Zombies reproducing sexually? Robot zombies? Zombies hibernating? WTF?
    Last edited by Skinrash; 03-Jun-2021 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Typo
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

United States
    Did they actually show dehydrated zombie bodies and imply that they'd re-revive if they got wet?

So much fail all in one movie.

I liked this video poking fun at AOTD.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 03-Jun-2021 at 11:36 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    Did they actually show dehydrated zombie bodies and imply that they'd re-revive if they got wet?

One of many things 'set up' and then never referred to ever again in the movie.

Also, considering just how dessicated they are, it doesn't make any shred of sense that they'd be able to come back to life from a bit of rain!

Being Attacked

United States
    I am a dumb brain and thought the dialogue between the German and Van was just throwaway dialogue to finally show some character development between the two "friends" but then I rewatched it and noticed there were a lot of weird things happening in the movies that suggests there are probably a lot more things going on than I think.

It might be a stretch but I think AOTD as a universe might somehow come full circle with the '04 Dawn film. I wonder if the time loop theory might include multiverses?

I'm not too sure how successful AOTD is, but I think if they're able to bring in more Triple A actors and actresses, I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see both Ken Foree and Tom Savini in the future films like they did with the '04 dawn remake. What if they're time patrol cops? LOL Anyways im stopping here.

Also Robot zombies.
    Last edited by Daoyinyang; 05-Jun-2021 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added miore points

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post

I liked this video poking fun at AOTD.
    Yes it is good... *cough* - https://forum.homepageofthedead.com/...l=1#post327688
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oops. I somehow missed it. Shit happens.

Great Britain
    God the more you think about this movie the worse it gets, hell the Resident Evil movies had stories that made more sense than this one, even those after the first two and most of them were awful.