Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyinyang View Post
    Do you think Netflix has enough money to keep funding this film for Zack to flesh out his zombie universe?
    From what I can tell, I don't think it's a critical success.
    I’m not sure critical success really matters to streamers like Netflix. They have a policy of not revealing their numbers, but if it gets a certain amount of views, you can bet they’ll continue to exploit the property.

Netflix is currently making big moves in order to retain their title as the king of streaming. Spielberg has already signed on with them, and they’re now courting Christopher Nolan after his recent fallout with Warner Brothers.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyinyang View Post
    Do you think Netflix has enough money to keep funding this film for Zack to flesh out his zombie universe?
    From what I can tell, I don't think it's a critical success.
    There are probably more lucrative ventures out there for them. Army of Thieves will probably be the last we'll see of this universe.

It is true though that they don't really care about critics. They care about what the audience thinks. However, this film has not made that big of a splash. Especially not compared to it's price tag.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    There are probably more lucrative ventures out there for them. Army of Thieves will probably be the last we'll see of this universe.

It is true though that they don't really care about critics. They care about what the audience thinks. However, this film has not made that big of a splash. Especially not compared to it's price tag.
    And there's a lot of audience members who have been slating the flick, as well. Critics is one thing, but viewers is another.

I think there's an animated series or something connected to this "universe" that's coming as well. I don't know how far along that is, but it could well be very much underway as animation needs that lead-in time.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULN_uCzfLA

The Critical Drinker's thoughts on the movie.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Aug-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULN_uCzfLA

The Critical Drinker's thoughts on the movie.
    I love his reviews etc... And he didn't let me down here.

Note: I'd still love to know the thinking behind the UFOs in the distance at 1m44s.

ps: Have you listened to his really early content where he doesn't put on the voice/character? Sounds really odd!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ps: Have you listened to his really early content where he doesn't put on the voice/character? Sounds really odd!
    I've not, no.

I've been watching a few of his videos yesterday/today having not really been aware of his output before. The voice is a bit draining after a while - a bit too forced - so it gets a bit tiring to listen to, and the amount of complaining about Captain Marvel type movies (while making quite solid and fair points) does get a bit overwhelming quite quickly to the point that it starts damaging the value of the criticism.

There's quite a lot of good points made, though, in the various videos I've had a rummage through, be they praise or criticism. They just seem a bit too vigorous, so you get a bit tired out watching them, and certain fair points are doubled-down on to such a degree that they risk falling into, or actually fall into, some butthurt cliche zone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah, this is a bad film.
    Not sure if I'm gonna give Army of Thieves a watch. But I think so. It may end up better than the film it's supposed to lead up to.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Yeah, this is a bad film.
    Not sure if I'm gonna give Army of Thieves a watch. But I think so. It may end up better than the film it's supposed to lead up to.
    I want to see the prequel that explains the flying saucers we see in the sky, and the blue eyed robo-zombies.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan