Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I'm glad someone here besides me likes Dawn '04, despite it's cringe worthy moments.
    I’ve always been under the impression that it’s generally quite liked. I was rough on it in my younger days, but now even I can enjoy it on certain occasions.

As an aside, I can't believe it's already been 15 years since it came out.
    No kidding! It seems like just yesterday we were in that period where zombies were making a comeback with Shaun, Dawn04, Land, etc.

United States
    I loved Dawn04, just wish it had been called something else,
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In a recent interview for another project, Dave Bautista(Guardians of the Galaxy, Spectre, Avengers: Infinity War) let it slip that he’s starting on a project with Zack Snyder in June, which of course would be Army of the Dead. So that’s probably our first bit of casting for the film.

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...-dave-bautista

I imagine we’ll see quite a few of Snyder’s regular actors in the film, as well. Billy Crudup, Jena Malone, and Matt “Max Headroom” Frewer? Perhaps the drop-dead gorgeous Carla Gugino?
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Mar-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yay, Batista! Maybe it'll be good after all?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dave Bautista has been confirmed as one of the leads. Deadline is reporting a budget of seventy million, which is lower than initially reported, yet still pretty large for a zombie film...

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dav...my-of-the-dead

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Dave Bautista has been confirmed as one of the leads. Deadline is reporting a budget of seventy million, which is lower than initially reported, yet still pretty large for a zombie film...

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dav...my-of-the-dead
    So it's going to be about an average Joe surviving in the apocalypse then?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So it's going to be about an average Joe surviving in the apocalypse then?
    No, Batista. I don't think Samoa Joe will be appearing.
    Last edited by blind2d; 06-Apr-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: :P

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To be fair, we don’t know the details of the plot. Being that it’s about a big heist during the apocalypse, perhaps he’s meant to be an ex-military man or something?

While he hasn’t done too many talkative roles outside of the MCU, I do find Bautista to be quite the likable fella...

United States
    Batista is great in character roles. I really liked him in the new Blade Runner.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I do find Bautista to be quite the likable fella...
    Agreed!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    "Get me the Rock, but cheaper"

"Say no more."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    "Get me the Rock, but cheaper"

"Say no more."
    LOL, yep.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Probably true, but I’ll be surprised if Bautista can really reach the height of stardom that Johnson has gotten to. He’s doing great, getting more starring roles, and as I said, I find Bautista likable, but I’m not sure he has that certain charm and wide appeal that Johnson can pull off. Time will tell. It’s kind of interesting that these big guys are becoming huge stars again like the old days with Stallone, Swarzenneger, etc.

Although a small role, I loved Bautista as the Oddjob/Jaws-esque Bond Villain in Spectre. Mr Jinx, I think? I haven’t seen the film too many times, did he survive? I’d like to see that type of memorable secondary villain again and Bautista did a lot with very little.

Super Moderator

UK
    While The Rock has this huge mainstream success, he's also kind of an albatross around his own neck - he plays a version of The Rock in most of the films he's in and doesn't really get to play many different roles, just slight variations, but mostly he's cool and can beat everybody up. He'll have different vocations in his movies (e.g. Baywatch / Rampage / San Andreas / Skyscraper), but there's not a huge variety in his CV at the moment despite his huge success (we don't really see him in films like Southland Tales much these days).

Bautista, on the other hand, may not have the huge mainstream recognition and mega success that The Rock has, but I think Bautista has a more varied career. From Spectre, to Guardians of the Galaxy, to Hotel Artemis he's able to play very different kinds of characters - naturally there's an aspect that always carries through them all due to his physicality, but he seems to get more flexibility in his choice of roles.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe it’s because I’ve yet to see Hotel Artemis, but I haven’t really seen much range from him just yet. Thus far, his roles have all felt very similar to me, much like Johnson’s. Although he felt a touch different with Blade Runner 2049.

Hopefully I’ll find more range as I eventually see his more recent roles....