Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First photo as filming begins:

That zombie appears to be quite degraded, so perhaps it is further into the apocalypse?

United States
    Are they runners? Would be nice if they weren’t for once.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Are they runners? Would be nice if they weren’t for once.
    Unknown at this time, but being that it’s Snyder and the project originated as a “sequel” to Dawn04, it’s probably safe to assume that they’ll be runners. If they’re starting up filming, we should see how the zombies perform fairly soon.

Aaland
    If they are as decomposed as the blurry image suggests, then it's gonna make even less sense for them to run than in the Dawn remake. Since at least in that film most of them were recently dead.
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

Administrator

England
    I'd love for these to be shamblers... But it's Snyder
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would be up for the more decomposed being slower and the newly dead being more aggressive. That could potentially work well, if they went that route.

Being Attacked

United States
    I'll be frank, I love the remake of "Dawn of the Dead". Read years ago about a supposed sequel that never happened. Then Snyder started working on Triple A productions like "Man of Steel" and "BvS".

I am excited for this new Snyder zombie film but I am also afraid that it might be terrible despite even having a 90 million dollar budget.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That’s always a possibility of course. And Snyder already has a rocky reputation with the fans that disliked Dawn04, so he’ll either win them over or just add to their disappointment. Here’s to hoping for the best!

United States
    I fell into the camp that enjoyed the mess that was Snyder’s Dawn.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Looks interesting, but we'll probably all be disappointed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Snyder is a visual director with very little capacity (or interest) to depict emotional depth or anything noteworthy to tell. It'll likely be a pretty decent action flick with some stellar imagery. But the film will probably be more annoying than exciting.

Being Attacked

United States
    I'll be honest. I am looking forward to both WWZ 2 and Army of the dead. I am a huge zombie fanatic. I am annoyed by most terrible zombie films but there have been great gems. Movies like Battery, Cargo, Hidden, Rec (excluding 3) series, and train to Busan have been great recent zombie films in my opinion.
    Let's just ignore the DOTD remake and sequel that of which is subtitled Bloodline. Diary of the dead, Rezort, Re-kill, and other dumb zombie films not really worth mentioning.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cast photo:

Last edited by bassman; 21-Jul-2019 at 02:17 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    https://www.republicworld.com/entert...ders-film.html

It is speculated that the project could premiere on the streaming platform [Netflix] during Halloween which falls in October.

So still a long wait!

Even before the movie's premiere, Netflix has revealed its plan to expand the zombie universe. The streamer [Netflix] has greenlighted two Army of the Dead projects. One is a prequel movie and the other one is an anime series. The untitled prequel film will be helmed by Matthias Schweighöfer who will also star in it as Ludwig Dieter, his character from Army of the Dead. The anime series, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas will show the origin story of Dave Bautista’s Army of the Dead character. The plot will revolve around him and his crew during the initial fall of Vegas as they face the source of the zombie outbreak. A couple of episodes of the series will be directed by Zack Snyder, along with showrunner Jay Olivia who will also helm a few episodes.

https://ew.com/movies/zack-snyder-ar...-dead-netflix/

There's also a dash of political overtones – metaphors about immigration, consumerism, and a jingoistic president.

Of course, there has to be...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, wouldn't be a zombie flick if it wasn't.
    But releasing a film with a jingoistic president in October 2021 is gonna make it feel dated real fast.