Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Gutted. I was hoping for something decent. This has almost every shite idea that the visionaries at Torus Entertainment stuck into all their crap Day of the Dead reboots in one trailer. I am going to pass on it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1JGPhYBS8

Latest trailer.

Big Daddy and his basic gathering, march, and then attack on Fiddler's Green I was on board with.

This, though, just feels like one of those dime-a-dozen zombie videogames with the same 'class system' of zombie types. That bit where the one zombie is dodging all of Bautista's attacks? Oh boy...

The 'smoking while pouring petrol' shot annoyed me too. I mean, really? "Ooh, I'm so cool I do stupid shit like smoke around petrol." Jog on with that shit.

On the other hand - Garrett Dillahunt.

I'll certainly watch this, but it does feel too much just 'cool looking shit happening'. I do hope they have a proper reason for staging that heist, as well (e.g. they're starting a post-apocalypse city and they're going to set up a mini economy, perhaps with other established survivor cities ... ... i.e. just ripping off Land of the Dead). Because if the only reason is, essentially, "this'll be cool", then fuck that.
    Oh

Dear

!

"I do hope they have a proper reason for staging that heist" - I get the impression it's just Vegas that's zombified? So the $ is worth $?

ps: I'll end up watchin it too
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I’ll give it a chance.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Me like. Looking forward to it
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Fuck it, I'll watch it.
    Looks dumb but I doubt it takes itself seriously.

Being Attacked

United States
    I used to find Chris D'elia terribly obnoxious and I never liked his comedy. For a long time I ignored him because he also genuinely creeped me out. Years later, I found a dude who kind of looked like him and he was my College science partner. he was a complete asshat who did nothing and would be mad that I couldn't just do everything.

I hated that kid and told him to buzz off and he threw a fit like a child and then said he's going to ask the professor to get him a new partner because I was bad. Two weeks later he dropped that class.
    Anyways, it fueled my personal vendetta against Chris D'elia even more and when I found out there were allegations against him, and then Zack Snyder dropped him. It was the most satisfying thing ever.

Aaland
    Runners again I see. And they are making those dumb raptor noises or whatever again to. Zach hasn't changed a bit, aside from making them intelligent. Pass. Also looks very derivative of the comic "Remains" by Steve Niles.
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Connecting with fans is heartwarming but it's kinda weird that of all films they chose this trailer to remake.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Snyder was recently on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcast to promote Justice League and he touched upon Army of the Dead and the money issue I’ve seen raised here. I don’t have the direct quote, but from what I gathered, the plot is that the government has walled-off Vegas and kept it contained as a hot zone. So apparently the outbreak is somewhat contained. Bautista and his crew are then hired to go into Vegas to retrieve the money from the vaults, but they’re under a strict time limit, as the government will be dropping a nuke on the desert city in X-amount of time.

So the dead have been mostly contained to certain areas, the feds are going to nuke said areas, but they want that Vegas money first. I feel like that works well enough. Has a nice 70’s/80’s vibe to it. I believe he also mentioned Escape From New York as an influence on the plot. Just ya know...with zombies.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah, so there's somewhat of a reason for this set-up.

Mind you ... ... couldn't the government just, you know, print new money to replace the nuked stuff? Or have the printing presses been swarmed with zeds, too?

I'll check it out when it premieres on Netflix, trying to just go in expecting videogamey style nonsense and veloci-zombies etc.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Snyder was recently on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcast to promote Justice League and he touched upon Army of the Dead and the money issue I’ve seen raised here. I don’t have the direct quote, but from what I gathered, the plot is that the government has walled-off Vegas and kept it contained as a hot zone. So apparently the outbreak is somewhat contained. Bautista and his crew are then hired to go into Vegas to retrieve the money from the vaults, but they’re under a strict time limit, as the government will be dropping a nuke on the desert city in X-amount of time.

So the dead have been mostly contained to certain areas, the feds are going to nuke said areas, but they want that Vegas money first. I feel like that works well enough. Has a nice 70’s/80’s vibe to it. I believe he also mentioned Escape From New York as an influence on the plot. Just ya know...with zombies.
    Ah, so as I suggested a while back
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    As a fan of Snyder’s Dawn, I’m excited for this nonsense!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Lol! Nicely put That's probably just the right attitude to approach it with...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I just read in Total Film and answered my own question - it's money and jewels etc owned by Vegas 'businessmen' and so on - so not government at all. If their riches are nuked they'll be wiped out, and the government doesn't give a shit about that understandably, but they want their greenbacks and diamonds back.

So the heist makes sense now - finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    First part: no. Second part: yeah.

There's pieces of the Dawn remake I enjoy, but there's so much where I was just like "oh, fuck you".

Still, even with the dodgy raptor zombies and what on earth the Snyder version of 'smart' zombies is gonna be, and with this one kinda distinct from Dawn 04 (which was a dirty rotten remake at thr end of the day ), I'm looking forward to checking it out. It's gonna have style for days, and I hope the above mentioned elements end up working well, but I hope I also connect with the characters and it's not just flashy visuals and nothing else. Hopefully it'll be a solid thrill ride and action spectacle with enjoyable characters - I'm particularly looking forward to Bautista kicking some rotty botty.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-May-2021 at 04:39 PM.