Rising

United States

Jorge Grau - RIP

Jorge Grau passed away this past month, just after Christmas:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/jorge-...passes-away-at

Super Moderator

UK
    Awww man. RIP Mr Grau.

Funny how some of these notices about big names in the genre, or folks who have made iconic films, seem to get lost in the shuffle sometimes.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Awww man. RIP Mr Grau.

Funny how some of these notices about big names in the genre, or folks who have made iconic films, seem to get lost in the shuffle sometimes.
    The fact that he passed right after Christmas also did not help notice the sad event.

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie is widely considered to be one of the best zombie flicks of the 70s, together with Romero's Dawn of the Dead and Ossorio's Blind Dead series.

United States
    RIP.

Always sad to hear news like this.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’m not the biggest fan of his work, but it’s always sad to see a beloved creator/artist pass on...
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Feb-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I rewatched The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue recently and still hold it as one of the greatest horror films ever made.
    It's atmosperic, minimalistic and is still creepy as hell. The soundtrack contributes a lot, but also the films insistence on the zombies lingering in the background and stalking their prey. It works so great. It isn't epic and doesn't try to be, instead focusing on a few specific scenes where a few zombies come forward.

I want to see a few of his other films, to see if they're just as good.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^ I seem to recall seeing Manchester Morgue and maybe a couple other of his films recently on a free streaming service. I’m going to have to find them and give them a new spin now.

EDIT: I found Let Sleeping Corpses Lie on the free Vudu streaming service in HD, if anyone is interested. I’m reading it may be the same film as Corpses? It apparently has tons of different titles depending on the region. In some places it’s even called Zombi 3.

These multiple titles always throw me off! I may have already seen it recently under a different title and just didn’t know it!

EDIT #2: It is indeed Manchester Morgue. They have it listed as Corpses, but then the title IN the film is Morgue. Well ya learn something new everyday, huh?
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Feb-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: .