Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Joe Pilato...

Super Moderator

UK

R.I.P. Joe Pilato...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...kuG3--hKQaG4n4

Friend Marty Schiff broke the sad news on Facebook today, writing: “It is with great sadness that I inform you that actor and old friend Joseph “Joe” Pilato passed away quietly in his sleep last night. Rest in Peace, Joe.”

United States
    damn. what a bummer. seemed like a real genuine down-to-earth type of guy. sorry that I never got the chance to meet him in person at a convention.

RIP captain rhodes.

Administrator

England

I was lucky enough to speak to him on the phone once. Lovely guy.

I think he was short changed by a few pieces of luck/outcomes which meant he as never as recognised as he should have been. ie: If he'd got that lead role in From Dusk Till Dawn instead of George Clooney.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    One of my favorite characters from my childhood. I believe everyone on this forum can recite every single line he had in Day of the Dead. Damn, sad news.

RIP, Joe, You’ll be missed.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Never forget.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aw man....what a bummer. He was wonderful at chewing the scenery, it’s a shame we didn’t see a bit more from him.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Mar-2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aw man....what a bummer. He was wonderful at chewing the scenery, it’s a shame we didn’t see a bit more from him.
    Indeed! We can only imagine if Tarantino had got him in the lead in From Dusk Till Dawn how different his career might have been. ie: How much more of a household name he could have become...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Ah crap.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Day has probably become my favorite of the original trilogy. Joe did a great job portraying an ass hole. It's a shame he didn't play more roles during his career.

RIP

Rising

United States
    Greek salad will never be the same again... RIP Joe.

United States
    at least he went in his sleep, which is about how probably 4 out of 5 people would like to die.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    Day has probably become my favorite of the original trilogy. Joe did a great job portraying an ass hole. It's a shame he didn't play more roles during his career.

RIP
    Agreed...
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Well shit... RIP. Will be missed.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Gutted. Simply gutted. RIP and thank you for your part in the greatest zombie movie that was ever made.