Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMC plans third walking dead series

Being Attacked

United States
    They could just end it with a film.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Here's your first teaser for The Walking Dead: The Next Generation

All I wanted from a Walking Dead spin-off was an very stretched out series 1 of fear the walking dead. I would have been very happy with that.

United States
    Cute lead and pretty awesome concept art.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... spring ... ... I'm wondering if Fear The Walking Dead is gonna be wrapped up at the end of this season. To be honest, that'd be the smart move. The show has been limping about for a good long while now. Best cannibalise the best parts and insert them into the remainder of the main show.

Hopefully this new spin-off will work and not be some cringefest going over the same old territory we've seen before. Fingers crossed. I do want it to be good, but it seems, once more, it's just gonna be civilian stories all over again. We've had a really interesting little glimpse at something bigger with Fear and the lady trying to safely wind down that nuclear power plant, but we didn't get much of it ... I'd be very interested in seeing more of that kind of stuff, especially from the beginning, the fall of civilisation from the perspective of government and public services trying to keep things together, but Fear's first season just kinda bashed through that far too quickly (and, again, from a civilian perspective almost entirely).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... spring ... ... I'm wondering if Fear The Walking Dead is gonna be wrapped up at the end of this season. To be honest, that'd be the smart move. The show has been limping about for a good long while now. Best cannibalise the best parts and insert them into the remainder of the main show.

Hopefully this new spin-off will work and not be some cringefest going over the same old territory we've seen before. Fingers crossed. I do want it to be good, but it seems, once more, it's just gonna be civilian stories all over again. We've had a really interesting little glimpse at something bigger with Fear and the lady trying to safely wind down that nuclear power plant, but we didn't get much of it ... I'd be very interested in seeing more of that kind of stuff, especially from the beginning, the fall of civilisation from the perspective of government and public services trying to keep things together, but Fear's first season just kinda bashed through that far too quickly (and, again, from a civilian perspective almost entirely).
    Bad news for you, FTWD already got renewed for another season haha.

As far as this new series, I'm kinda intrigued. Going by the art it looks like the young characters are the only survivors of a plane crash and we get a time skip. I'm getting a Stranger Things/The 100 vibe from this so far; and that's not a bad thing. Kinda smart if they catered this series to a bit younger demographic.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Bad news for you, FTWD already got renewed for another season haha.

As far as this new series, I'm kinda intrigued. Going by the art it looks like the young characters are the only survivors of a plane crash and we get a time skip. I'm getting a Stranger Things/The 100 vibe from this so far; and that's not a bad thing. Kinda smart if they catered this series to a bit younger demographic.
    1)

2) As long as it's not some watered-down teen drama with shonky characters.

Ireland
    2) It will be.

To be honest, 'Fear the Walking Dead' is already pretty watered down. It isn't half as gory as the flagship program, which isn't that gory to begin with.

Have to say, I just couldn't care less about another Walking Dead TV show at this point. But, they've probably run out of ideas for TWD and have no idea where to go next (personally I just don't think it'll ever really recover from the loss of Rick), and FTWD has been the epitome of a 5/10 TV show. It has some good moments, but if it ceased to exist tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I don’t want a third series, was always against it. With that said, what was shown has potential as long as it looks and feels different. Not gonna write it off until we see it.

I always defended FTWD, I would still argue the Clark family era during 2 and 3 were kinda underrated. Can’t get into this new version at all. I like most of the characters but the writing.... woof.

TWD proper was already way into decline while Rick was still on the show. Been that way since season 7.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    TWD proper was already way into decline while Rick was still on the show. Been that way since season 7.
    And yet TWD rallied in season 9 and, incredibly, managed to weather losing Rick.

Sure, it's not like it was in its heyday, but season 9 was a considerable improvement in numerous regards over the very wobbly season 7 and the not-as-wobbly-but-still-quite-wobbly season 8. Also, I do think that FearTWD and TWD need to be wrapped up. They need to be in an endgame phase now rather than driven into the ground to wheeze to a stop. They need to go out strong, and I hope that there's a proper plan in place that is gradually unfurling involving a wider picture that ties TWD, Fear, and the movies together.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ideally, they would have streamlined the series a bit and worked toward an ending to coincide with the recent “surprise” finale for the comics. Finish the Grimes story and say bye to Andrew Lincoln, THEN move on to spin offs. It could have been a natural progression and felt less cluttered.

United States
    I agree on a ending timeline. However, just don’t do what the comics did. That was pretty underwhelming.

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't spoil the comics ending, anyone ... I keep up via the trade paperbacks, so I'm yet to see the ending.

Thanks.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Don't spoil the comics ending, anyone ... I keep up via the trade paperbacks, so I'm yet to see the ending.

Thanks.
    I used to do that, but the Whisperer Border was spoiled for me so I began collecting the single issues upon release. The last three issues were sold out so I went digital. Didn't feel like carefully navigating waters to avoid spoilers and discussion. You're safe on this site, MZ, we don't do spoilers without tags. We got you.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In a nice bit of synergy, they have Rick ride off in a helicopter, setting up seventeen future spinoffs.

Super Moderator

UK