Thread: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (film) - Tarantino

Administrator

England

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (film) - Tarantino

Well, it's getting rave reviews!

Note: Luke Perry is in it. Shame he's not here to enjoy the response to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeMaP8EPAA
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tarantino has yet to make a movie that I dislike, so he’s certainly got my money! Hopefully he’ll now focus on doing his own Star Trek that they’ve been developing!

With Luke Perry, it’s a shame he passed at such a young age and while he’s always been working, you know that he was probably hoping his inclusion in Tarantino’s film would help launch his career into more mainstream movies. With Tarantino being known as the “career reviver” and all...
    Last edited by bassman; 22-May-2019 at 11:28 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm looking forward to seeing this movie (no doubt it'll have to be on Blu-Ray as I rarely go to the cinema now for various reasons). I wonder to what extent the Charlie Manson aspect will figure into the film ... hopefully not too much as there have been various Manson movies recently, but then again QT always brings up something interesting. It'll be cool to see what he does with the New Hollywood era.

United States
    One of my top directors along with my favorite actor! This is a day one watch. Not watching the trailer, though haha.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    One of my top directors along with my favorite actor! This is a day one watch. Not watching the trailer, though haha.
    Wise move! The trailer shows them all dying at the end!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If you’re not watching it because of the recent trailer trend of showing the whole movie, I think you’re safe with this one. I imagine Tarantino has final approval for his trailers, so they usually don’t give everything away like we so often see these days.

Which one is your favorite actor, Pitt or DiCaprio? I enjoy them both, so I’m looking forward to their shared screen time. And of course the stunning Margot Robbie. Probably the most beautiful female in the business at the moment!

Is Walton Goggins back for this one? He’s also one of my favorites, so I’ve loved his recent collaborations with Tarantino.
    Last edited by bassman; 23-May-2019 at 11:09 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If you’re not watching it because of the recent trailer trend of showing the whole movie, I think you’re safe with this one. I imagine Tarantino has final approval for his trailers, so they usually don’t give everything away like we so often see these days.

Which one is your favorite actor, Pitt or DiCaprio? I enjoy them both, so I’m looking forward to their shared screen time. And of course the stunning Margot Robbie. Probably the most beautiful female in the business at the moment!

Is Walton Goggins back for this one? He’s also one of my favorites, so I’ve loved his recent collaborations with Tarantino.
    Leo! His body of work is amazing. Only a couple meh movies in his entire catalogue for me. I dig Brad too, so no complaints there. Oh and Margot... I forgot she was also in this! Big fan of hers. Don’t think Goggins is in this one but with QT and his passion to use his favorite people you never know lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Leo! His body of work is amazing. Only a couple meh movies in his entire catalogue for me. I dig Brad too, so no complaints there. Oh and Margot... I forgot she was also in this! Big fan of hers. Don’t think Goggins is in this one but with QT and his passion to use his favorite people you never know lol.
    I hadn't really paid much attention to the cast, but when I saw Kurt Russell was in it a big friggin' smile suddenly plastered itself all over my face. Kurt Russell's the fuckin' man!

Also good to see Timothy Olyphant in the trailer, too. According to IMDb Tim Roth is also in it, as is Al Pacino, Martin Kove (Karate Kid, Last House on the Left), Damian Lewis (Band of Brothers), Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, and a bunch of others (assuming the listing is correct, but you would presume for a flick like this they'd make sure IMDb had their cast list correct). On a recent episode of SModcast, Kevin Smith had his daughter Harley on and they talked about how she managed to land a role in the movie. She auditioned for a role, but didn't get it, but impressed QT enough that he wrote an additional role as one of Manson's followers for her. Smith had said how his wife said maybe he should cash in some friend points with QT (they're not that close, but are chums) to make sure Harley got the role she was originally auditioning for but he said he refused as, not only is it a crass sort of a thing to do, Harley would have hated that anyway - so it was cool to hear that she earned a custom role on her own merit.

United States
    Always good to see Kurt Russel on screen. Instant charisma.